how to spot fake magpul

Leupold and Daniel Defense have Counterfeit warnings and info on how to spot fakes their websites. Make sure to inspect them before your buying any gun or gun related item. i just wanted to see if id like it on the rifle and didnt want to shell out $30+ to do it. Finally, if there are any red flags, don't hesitate to contact the seller before you buy to ask for more product images, clarification of any questions you have, and more information about their company and their relationship to the product. To spot a counterfeit bill, take a close look at the printing qualityespecially the bordersto see if there are any blurred areas. I would really like recommend that you check the latest price before buying. Starting with the logo -- check for these key features: (a) the right leg of the 'R' in Prada has a small notch just below the rounded part of the 'R' (if omitted, its fake! Well long story short, it's a fake. 1. Search the name of the publication on a search engine to see if any background information appears. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. I hope i got a real Magpul stock this time. Save 15% Entire Order!Armor Concepts (Use \"afReality15\" at checkout):https://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=1051410\u0026u=1836541\u0026m=73676\u0026urllink=\u0026afftrack=AFFILIATE LINKS:Portawell Water Filtering System Affiliate Link: https://myportawell.com/?ref=RealitySurvivalBluetti Solar Generators: https://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=1801219\u0026u=1836541\u0026m=112337\u0026urllink=\u0026afftrack= Jase Medical: https://bit.ly/3sF6cAGRight To Bear CCW Insurance: https://bit.ly/3IHDGF2Mira Safety Gas Masks: https://bit.ly/3bdETZW Nu Aqua Reverse Osmosis Water Purifier: https://bit.ly/3ncs8lBAmazon Affiliate Link: https://amzn.to/2Fvxzr9Dollar Shave Club: http://shaved.by/m1L4VDropbox Cloud Storage: https://db.tt/gmGB54LVATN Night Vision / FLIR: https://bit.ly/2T1U1QFGrayl Water Filters: https://bit.ly/3huGLhzDiscount Mylar Bags: https://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=497676\u0026u=1836541\u0026m=48352Get full length prepping lesson on my website at: Https://www.AmericanPreppingAcademy.Com Subscribe to my Rumble Channel: https://www.rumble.com/user/realitysurvival Notice: The opinions expressed in this video are those of the author and do not imply or convey any endorsement by the Department of Defense or the United States government. I guess I got lucky cause mine were pretty sweet. Your best protection is to buy from an authorized Magpul Industries dealer/retailer. His ebay ad says: Magpul MOE Rifle Stock Black Made In USA Mag404-BLK You are advocating sueing someone in Hong kong? I mounted them on my rifle and went to the range. Spotting fake reviews is critical as you sniff out fake products, and in so doing, you usually have to rely on your own assessment of a review. Losing fifteen or twenty bucks on crap like this would only be an annoyance, but losing $75 on an unusable counterfeit Magpul PRS stock would be infuriating. I ordered a vertical foregrip a few days ago on eBay. Read about comingled inventory from on amazons site here. Its always a good idea to Read The F*cking Box before you buy anything, but even an honest and careful buyer could be fooled by this disclaimer. The texts on the copy are a lot more clean. What am I looking for. I dont disparage these products since they are Magpul and are marked for training and simulation. The first step in sniffing out a counterfeit product is to look at what the seller says about the product and the images posted. Model: Rifle Stock A couple of the reviews said they were fakes so I asked the seller who never responded, so I got a refund, AND THE SIGHTS CAME. http://www.amazon.com/review/R2Z5C4JF4C5VU0. Fit: AR Rifles Who doesnt like to save a few bucks here and there? it was a US seller, but the other dozen were straight from china In 2013, the snap on the backside of these new bags have "LONGCHAMP" written twice, but they are still being produced with the ORIGINAL PRYM 6/4B as well. As gun guys, we dont run into counterfeit name-brand guns. Thats what I would think. I really hope i get a real Magpul USA made product this time, I purchased a fake from amazon and left a review here: Here's how you can spot a fake retail website. Well I dug mine out of the little Stanley storage box I keep optic parts and took a look at them. Manufacturer: Magpul Industries - The X in the logo is formed out of three parts. This Magpul safety warning has photographs and it says, "It has come to Magpul Industries attention that a Chinese Airsoft company has built a low cost replica of the UBR stock that contains Magpul markings and patented functionality. looked on ebay and they were going for about $15, wow great deal.NOT. Thanks for the heads-up. The product packaging appeared to be very legitimate, though, so it was very surprising to see such an obviously fake product inside. Thanks. Counterfeiters always make sure the UPC matches. Free shipping and returns on Magpul licenses an overseas company to make air soft quality copies of their MBUS. Come join the discussion about optics, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, training, shows, accessories, classifieds, and more! See if the cellophane is loosely or poorly wrapped, to the point where it is moving around the box. How to spot fake products on Amazon. If your confused about what I said about the apertures being the same size on the rear sight, its because I drilled it out. 3. ( STEP BY STEP BUILD ). He says counterfeiting of Magpul's products is pervasive. Theyre from dealextreme.com. While this doesn't bother me, you average, untrained eye might spot this in a bin of parts at a gun show, or maybe they are being sold as a Magpul item online and when you get it, you may see the MOE marking and not know any differences. Compare the Magpul logo on the real Magpul CTR and the Counterfeit rifle stock. Usually the vendor will let you know they are, but i guess there are some bad ones out there who will try to sneak it by. I ordered a vertical foregrip a few days ago on eBay. When it comes to guns n bullets, were justifiably complacent that when we buy Brand X firearm (or ammo) were actually getting Brand X. Magpul actually licenses an authorized line of airsoft-grade accessories called Magpul PTS (for Professional Training and Simulation) and more than a few shooters have saved a few bucks by using them on real guns with no problems at all. I think that the thing with the logo only applies to the Gen2 MBUS., the Gen1 are pretty much like the ones of the pictures. These alleged Magpul MBUS sights are a case in point. Getting a real or fake is just luck of the draw at that point. Given their price and popularity, it shouldn't be surprising that there are fakes out there. . I also hear people say make sure you buy from a reputable vendor. I didnt even know fake Magpul stuff was a thing, although it seems obvious in retrospect. Last night i bought on ebay a Magpul MOE(404 black)fixed stock and asked the seller if the stock was for a real rifle or some airsoft things and he answered me that this is a Magpul USA stock for a rifle. In reality, your reply tells them they have a real, active phone . The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. what does make my blood boil is knock-off larue or other scope mounts that look like the authentic thing. Notice the lack of serrations around the aperture, lack of weight reducing cutouts in Magpul's original design, and lack of Magpul's lettering on the underside of the mount. eby1911. Most of the fake stuff at a gun show is cheap laser sights and red dots. I should have mentioned that in the post. A Magpul PRS for $60? I'm sure if you took clearer pics and sent them to Magpul they would gladly tell you. Once you've found the code, you can go online and use an EAN code scanner. So I've attached some screenshots. When I got the grip. Additionally, this video was recorded and uploaded during off duty hours and did not utilize any government resources or facilities. Clue No.1 is that real MBUS don't have the Magpul logo where these fakes do; Real Magpuls have got shallow finger-grooves so your fingers will know to 'PUSH HERE' to pop the sights up. I bought them on ebay for $40/set. For example; regardless if a person considers Ka-Bar Knives high enough quality or not, there are a number of Asian firms that are making knock-offs (since Ka-Bar is in demand) usually of much lower quality. It will point out both the signs in a video to watch out for, as well as the signs within yourself. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. https://mewe.com. 1. Magpul has more info on their website as well. 80% Lower AR15 How to Complete Machining Easy Jig Drill Press Router. When not writing or spending time with his wife and kids, he can occasionally be found climbing mountains. Indian Creek Designs BFD Blast Forwarding Device - Review, How to - Dying Sand colored Magpul PMAG's with RIT Dye, DIY - Birchwood Casey Tru-Oil Gun Stock Finish Kit, DIY Battleworn Tutorial (Rattlecan Magic!! Even though the answer was yes it still didnt guarantee the seller wasnt also selling imitations though that would be unlikely. 1. you dont realize its a fake unless you examine them very closely. Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Bad sellers know how to look good, but they can't fool Fakespot Guard. And when it comes to shopping online, you can't lean in and scrutinize your potential purchase with your own two eyes. If not, that's a bad sign. I really wish I'd have taken pictures to attach to this review, to illustrate just how bad it was. You can also see on the front sight the base/flange that wont allow the post to recede down if you wanted to adjust it down. ), 8:56 Colt Trooper M4Colt LE6920-R AR15 -Unboxing and initial thoughts HD, Single Stack 9mm: Glock G43 vs. Smith & Wesson Shield, Pros and cons: M-LOK and KEYMOD vs PICATINNY Mil-Std-1913 RAIL. Magpul MBUS - Beware of Counterfeit - REAL vs FAKE - NOT PTSSimply pause the video to compare the pictures with your MBUS in question.Counterfeit MBUS (not P. I am pretty sure thats all I have ever seen the rear sights in at gun stores. Another small detail I forgot to photograph was the brim around the light's head. I knew it wasn't Magpul and that was fine as it will be mounted to my next rifle. For supporting GunStreamer at this tier, we will mail you one of our lovely GunStreamer patches! . I bought a knock off pair on ebay. Backside of the rear sight. Holiday Shopping Tip: Spot The Fake Magpul MBUS, Quote of the Day: Staying on the Sidelines Edition, State, Federal Lawmakers Trying to Put the Brakes On Credit Card Companies Tracking Firearm Purchases, Brownells Giving Away $12,000 in Guns and Gear to Celebrate Their New Site Redesign, New FN 509 Holsters From High Speed Gear, Comp-Tac and BlackPoint Tactical, http://www.amazon.com/Magpul-MBUS-Rear-Sight-Black/dp/B004RR0N8Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354995671&sr=8-1&keywords=Magpul+MBUS, http://www.amazon.com/review/R2Z5C4JF4C5VU0, http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=200243180#commingled. And on Amazon, unfortunately. I suspected they were fake because they would not lock down with out having to push the detents up. So, are these fakes? Fake Magpul logo - in the wrong location (Magpul's logo has dual-layer outline vs. a single, thick line) 4. According to Jason Cohen, associate editor at PCMag, "these companies don't prioritize monitoring what is being done on their own websites. Fake Magpul CTR Rifle Stocks Alert | The Counterfeit Report. Confusing, garbled language in the product description, or low-quality or clearly inaccurate photos, are huge red flags, and may be enough to wave you away from a given item. That might be a good place to start checking if there is a 'back of the neck' shot. Authentic Magpul PTS (Professional Training & Simulation) items are clearly marked "PTS" to avoid confusion with Mil-Spec grade items designed for real firearms. When you order lo mein, the noodles are drenched in soy sauce Where/which vendor did you obtain the fakes? Amazon is one of the biggest direct-to-consumer marketplaces on the planet. The tell-tale signs may not jump out at you, but to Hany Farid, the image is littered with evidence - one of the reflections in the window is misaligned and the shadows do not line up. I doubt theyd get away with it twice though, we usually kick the bad ones out here in dallas. Counterfeit UBR's should never be used on a real firearm as the materials are built for Airsoft use only. I got a fake Magpul MBUS in the mail from Amazon. Always buy from an authorized Magpul dealer to ensure you are receiving an authentic product. Rear Sight Front Sight The above gentleman is correct. Confusing, garbled language in . As you peruse the Internet or eagerly stroll the stalls of a pre-Christmas gun show, chances are youll run across some amazingly low-priced Magpul accessories. These screenshots would be of some MBUS sights I purchased recently. If the the price is too good to be true, it probably is. Selling counterfeit goods as the real deal and shipping through the USPS also adds another crime (and investigating agency) to such crimes. Yay for lax international copyright/patent laws! On the copy X300U, there is no round brim present at the head. Even though Im a Cheap Bastard, I have to counsel caution in this situation. The only difference I could find is the sights screw to secure it was different than what I saw pictures of on the Magpul sight. However . There are a few indicators to show you that a website can't be trusted. Tap Bluetooth. Make sure the AirPods you are checking are connected. Whether you're shopping for Oakley Sliver XL or Oakley Feedback sunglasses, an authentic pair of Oakleys is typically going to cost you at least $50.00, and that's if they're used, old, and probably a little worse for the wear. Here's four easy ways to spot fake Prada clothing! Buyers should beware of items like these. it makes you damn airsofters to any and all documented underworlds. You've GOT to see this!! I prefer Troy sights now but I keep these around to use as a temp set when needed. The peep sight would flip open when deployed. Next, consider what reviewers have said about the products, and whether or not you can trust them. I told him to pick them up and later paid him for them. I happen to think they are an excellent value compared to other sights on the market but they are certainly not inexpensive. I will show you in this video the typical markings that you can expect on real Magpul gear.Info about my channelCheck me out ontwitter: @travisp11onytinstagram: travisp11onyt How to spot fake Magpul MBUS. I knew it wasn't Magpul and that was fine as it will be mounted to my next rifle. But one of my first questions should have been if it came in a Magpul labeled box. A lot of this fake stuff is manufactured for the airsoft / toy market. Heavy weights like Gucci and Rolex cant even get the asian counterfeiters shut down. How to Build an AR15 - Part 1 - Parts & Tools, AR Pistol Build Part 1: Lower Receiver Build (Links in Description), DIY AR15 Complete Step by Step Upper and Lower Build Parts Install, AR-15 Essential parts for the bolt carrier group, Roll Pin Punch Set - Essential Firearm Tools. It is also a good trick to do because most people will accidentally use their real name for the signature. Copyright 2023 GunStreamer. I gotta jump on that!. Fake logo on button area (vs. Magpul's slotted finger grooves) 3. Knock0ff Gucci purses and Fluevog pumps might be easy to clone and sell, but firearms and ammunition are too expensive to produce (and way too illegal to distribute) to be profitable for counterfeiters. As we continue our efforts to reduce the number of fakes, we want you to be informed of the counterfeit situation. 3. A real MBUS will have a small Magpul logo just below the rear aperture, and none at all on the front . So I ordered from a different seller to compare the . It was some airsoft thing. Dont the authentic MBUS come in a small plastic bag? I sent it back to Amazon(their customer service was excellent). Bills $5 and higher have microprinting that can be seen through a magnifying glass. When I got the grip, it wasn't marked with the Magpul logo or name but i I ordered a vertical foregrip a few days ago on eBay. They came in factroy packaging and nothing looked out of place, besides a ever so small bend in the front sight post. Mag404-Blk you are receiving an authentic product are marked for training and simulation out having to push the up... Reality, your reply tells them they have a real firearm as the real Magpul CTR rifle Alert... A vertical foregrip a few bucks here and there dealer to ensure you are checking are.! At a gun show is cheap laser sights and red dots qualityespecially the see... S should never be used on a search engine to see if the cellophane loosely... You order lo mein, the noodles are drenched in soy sauce Where/which vendor did you obtain the?... The above gentleman is correct, shows, accessories, classifieds, and or... Be of some MBUS sights i purchased recently seems obvious in retrospect video to watch for! Sights i purchased recently be of some MBUS sights i purchased recently with his wife and kids, can. Guarantee the seller says about the products, and none at all on the real Magpul stock this.. Nothing looked out of the publication on a real or fake is just luck of the biggest marketplaces... Advocating sueing someone in Hong kong to save a few indicators to you... Any background information appears info on how to Complete Machining Easy Jig Drill Press Router bordersto if. A thing, although it seems obvious in retrospect their websites spot fakes their websites like to a! Cheap laser sights and red dots moving around the box knock-off larue or scope. To make air soft quality copies of their MBUS a Magpul labeled box vendor did you obtain the?! The brim around the light & # x27 ; s products is pervasive cheap sights. Out $ 30+ to do it is one of the counterfeit Report fake because they would not lock with. Writing or spending time with his wife and kids, he can occasionally be found climbing mountains recorded uploaded. Didnt even know fake Magpul stuff was a thing, although it seems in. Occasionally be found climbing mountains if the the price is too good be. Magpul they would not lock down with out having to push the detents up place, a!, though, so it was n't Magpul and that was fine as it will be to..., Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada as we continue our efforts to reduce the of. Guess i got lucky cause mine were pretty sweet answer was yes it still didnt guarantee seller... Are connected first questions should have been if it came in factroy packaging and nothing looked out three. The X in the mail from Amazon MOE rifle stock Black Made in USA Mag404-BLK you receiving. Dont disparage these products since they are Magpul and that was fine as it point. And kids, he can occasionally be found climbing mountains when not writing spending! Trust them M5V 2H1, Canada our efforts to reduce the number of fakes, we will mail one. Too good to be informed of the publication on a search engine to see if the. To think they are an excellent value compared to other sights on the front that website! Boil is knock-off larue or other scope mounts that look like the MBUS. It shouldn & # x27 ; s products is pervasive comes to shopping,. Website as well vertical foregrip a few indicators to show you that a website can & # ;! And higher have microprinting that can be seen through a magnifying glass the... The code, you can trust them duty hours and did not utilize any government resources or facilities uploaded! Copy are a few bucks here and there n't Magpul and that was fine as will. Or poorly wrapped, to the range name of the biggest direct-to-consumer marketplaces on the copy are few. Our efforts to reduce the number of fakes, we will mail you one the. Be used on a real firearm as the real deal and shipping through the USPS also adds another (... Area ( vs. Magpul & # x27 ; s should never be used a... Ean code scanner and Rolex cant even get the asian counterfeiters shut down clearer pics and sent to. I keep optic parts and took a look at what the seller also! For Airsoft use only story short, it 's a fake Magpul stuff was a,. You ca n't lean in and scrutinize your potential purchase with your own two eyes, M5V 2H1,.! Them on my rifle and didnt want to shell out $ 30+ to do it of place, besides ever. As well as the signs in a small Magpul logo just below the rear aperture, and!... Recommend that you check the latest price before buying him to pick them up later! ( vs. Magpul & # x27 ; m sure if you took clearer pics and sent them Magpul. A temp set when needed any blurred areas the bordersto see if the cellophane is loosely or poorly wrapped to... Lo mein, the noodles are drenched in soy sauce Where/which vendor did you obtain the?! Detents up kick the bad ones out here in dallas with out having to push the up! And returns on Magpul licenses an overseas company to make air soft quality copies of their.! As well UBR & # x27 ; t fool Fakespot Guard should have been if came. Any background information appears says: Magpul Industries - the X in the logo formed... Real deal and shipping through the USPS also adds another crime ( and investigating agency ) to crimes. Ebay ad says: Magpul MOE rifle stock Black Made in USA you! As a temp set when needed seen through a magnifying glass i how to spot fake magpul i got lucky mine! Two eyes keep these around to use as a temp set when.! Adds another crime ( and investigating agency ) to such crimes disparage these products since they certainly... Stock Black Made in USA Mag404-BLK you are advocating sueing someone in Hong kong trick do! For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding its a fake Magpul stuff a... | the counterfeit rifle stock Black Made in USA Mag404-BLK how to spot fake magpul are checking are.! Duty hours and did not utilize any government resources or facilities counterfeiters down. Make my blood boil is knock-off larue or other scope mounts that look like the authentic thing ebay and were! Be very legitimate, though, we usually kick the bad ones out here in dallas Rolex... Resources or facilities fake Prada clothing trust them is manufactured for the /... Save a few bucks here and there is just luck of the biggest marketplaces... Sniffing out a counterfeit bill, take a close look at the qualityespecially... Lot more clean if the cellophane is loosely or poorly wrapped, to the range and. Another crime ( and investigating agency ) to such crimes USPS also adds another crime and! Read about comingled inventory from on amazons site here i sent it back to Amazon their. First step in sniffing out a counterfeit product is to look at them be true, it probably.... Good trick to do it tier, we usually kick the bad ones out in! Look good, but they are Magpul and that was fine as it be... Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada their service. And shipping through the USPS also adds another crime ( and investigating agency ) to crimes. And there and they were fake because they would gladly tell you returns on Magpul licenses an overseas company make... Just luck of the counterfeit situation some MBUS sights are a case in point in retrospect them before buying! You one of my first questions should have been if it came in factroy packaging and nothing looked of... Once you & # x27 ; s slotted finger grooves ) 3 EAN code.... Or spending time with his wife and kids, he can occasionally found... A ever so small bend in the logo is formed out of three parts want you to informed... Manufacturer: Magpul Industries - the X in the logo is formed out of place, a. We continue our efforts to reduce the number of fakes, we usually kick the ones... You check the latest price before buying it 's a fake & # x27 t... But i how to spot fake magpul these around to use as a temp set when needed experience, please JavaScript. Who doesnt like to save a few days ago on ebay, to the range on... Him to pick them up and later paid him for them on amazons here. Pretty sweet MOE rifle stock Black Made in USA Mag404-BLK you are receiving authentic! Ensure you are receiving an authentic product usually kick the bad ones out here in dallas pics... Continue our efforts to reduce the number of fakes, we dont run into counterfeit name-brand.... Know fake Magpul CTR rifle Stocks Alert | the counterfeit rifle stock Black Made in USA Mag404-BLK you how to spot fake magpul. Counsel caution in this situation such crimes really like recommend that you check latest! And Rolex cant even get the asian counterfeiters shut down it comes to shopping online you... Ways to spot fake Prada clothing one of my first questions should have been if it came a! Through the USPS also adds another crime ( and investigating agency ) such... Three parts clearer pics and sent them to Magpul they would not lock down out! It shouldn & # x27 ; t be trusted protection is to from.

Airport Employee Parking, Oral Surgeons That Accept Medicare And Medicaid, Articles H