worst days on taxotere

But then again what do I know? At one point, they had to give her liquid morphine as the joint pain was so bad. Suffering stomach cramps today probably due to upset stomach and not eating right. But it was worth it when looking at the larger picture. starting at end of cisplatin infusion (2.4)See full prescr ibing information for TAXOTERE. Xx, Hope you are all feeling well and happy. Paracetamol not helping at all I could scream! MYTH #6: I'll permanently lose all my hair after chemo. There is a risk that this medication may leak out of the vein at the injection site, resulting in tissue damage that can be severe. Yesterday I finally got these problems under control. Do not eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice during the 2 days before, the day of, and two days after each dose. Performing regular mouth care can help prevent or manage mouth sores. . As horrid as her experience was, it had its payoff. These Taxotere side effects are less common, meaning they occur in 10-29 percent of patients receiving Taxotere: Vomiting Muscle/bone/joint pain (myalgias and arthralgias) Low platelet count (This can increase your risk of bleeding) Increases in blood tests measuring liver function. I struggle to drink which I know makes things worse. I was advised to take paracetamol (or cocodamol if you can bear it) and ibuprofen together every 4 hours from the third day after you have the chemo until the pain eases off, which for me was about day 10. Between blood pressure (3 a day), xanex (she's only taking at night), two kinds of anti-nausea drugs, claratin (supposed to help with bone pain after shot), a softener, and acidophilus. TC ( Taxotere and cyclophosphamide) is a common chemotherapy regimen given for localized breast cancers that require chemotherapy. Avoid the sun between 10-2 pm, when it is strongest. Have had one cycle of that and have the second next week. Taxotere is a part of many peoples cancer journey. My wonderful wife took me away between chemo and Rads, it was a truly enjoyable break, 5 days in a cabin in the woods (provided free by The Willow Foundation). Hope you are all doing well with your journey and keeping well. For some people, it never completely goes away. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You will be given a corticosteroid prior to the infusion to prevent severe fluid retention and allergic reactions. The Docetaxel/Taxotere is the drug causing this nasty side effect. Taxotere is a mitotic inhibitor that interferes with your bodys cell division process. Hope you are keeping well. So would recommend this. Thank you, hope you continue to be well. If the count gets too low, you may receive a blood transfusion. Shower or bathe daily and perform frequent. For instance, they may continue to work, spend time with family, and exercise. It might also be worth checking things like iron levals-you can adjust you diet or get pills to help with that. And pineapple sounds a good idea too! I was feeling really bad, taking very strong pain killers and they weren't hitting it. Taxotere Side Effects If you or a loved one want to prepare and learn about the worst days on Taxotere, many patients often receive Taxotere in combination with other chemo drugs. diarrhea. An absolutely horrid drug. Effective birth control is necessary during treatment and for 2 months after treatmentfor women. Really sorry to read that you having such a s---- time with your current chemo treatment. 3rd and 4th daysOnce the steroids wear off, usually by the 3rd day, you will see her get very fatigued and want to lay around the house most of the day. Keep going with strength and positive thinking and hopefully you will see improvement in your circumstances. Cyclophosphamide is a type of chemotherapy medicine . Each day from now I knowI will get stronger and begin to do small task.Tthe feeling when I went for the last Chemo was a good I walked out and thought great I made it through now to get throught he effects. I have lost ALL taste buds. Chemo nurses kept pushing me to take strong painkillers.I survived with only half tablets at night. Discover information about different types of cancer, Learn about cancer, diagnosis, treatment, coping & survivorship, Find resources & tools for oncology healthcare professionals. The only really bad side effect I had was the fatigue. Even when carefully and correctly administered by trained personnel, this drug may cause a feeling of burning and pain. I pushed myself through all the Chemo, the reason, I want to live and if this is the only way then I have to do it. But they had to keep treating her with antibiotics on the off chance it was an infection. I have at times reached my lowest and questioned if I can continue to put my body through this poison. You don't sound negative, you just sound disheartened that after following all advice you are still suffering and also that you are finding treatment difficult. The cycles were repeated every 3 weeks for 3 . After starting docetaxel, many men experience the improvements in disease-related symptoms, including pain, fatigue and loss of energy. A comprehensive guide to side effects including common and rare side effects when taking Taxotere (Docetaxel for Injection) includes uses, warnings, and drug interactions. as these can all increase the risk of bleeding. I know now that I am being too hard on myself and putting on a brave face, it's good to let my emotions make sense of the turmoil I was feeling. Taxotere injections can cause serious and life-threatening fluid retention(edema). It causes numbness or a tingling feeling in the hands and/or feet, often in the pattern of a stocking or glove. But I know that's just wrong. If any nails fall off, clean the nail bed well with soap and water and cover with a Band-Aid. Best wishes to everyone on this treatment and you will come out the other side. Future - Worst Day (Official Audio) - YouTube 0:00 / 3:06 Future - Worst Day (Official Audio) Future 12.5M subscribers Subscribe 2.5M views 1 year ago #Future #WorstDay Future - Worst. Actual exercise. And that's it! I don't think you have "gone wrong" anywhere, more that T has hit you hard and you would like to be in a better place for the next 2. Pineapple is good for helping the nasty taste and I know someone who sucked frozen pineapple cubes and this helped her a lot. an infection was never found, though. I am scheduled to start texotere chemo shortly, however, I have MANY concerns. Then i stared my 4 doses of docetaxel. And a bit of movement / chatting / getting out of the house helps.. Worst effect in Cycle 2 and 3 was in lack of taste and the awful chemical tast in my mouth at all times. Brush with a soft-bristle toothbrush or cotton swab twice a day. For cycle 2 I used a great mouthwash - Difflam and have had no sore mouth problems since. I'm taking Codeine and paracetamol with little effect. Try riding it out my friend and know that at the end you will be glad you did. I had constipation, diarrhea so bizarrely both, and then the nausea. Any comments, please. The ASCO Genitourinary (GU) Cancers Symposium, which ended on February 18, 2023, was a three-day scientific and educational meeting designed to provide attendees with in-depth, multidisciplinary analysis of the timely topics in the study, diagnosis, and treatment of GU malignancies. I was given Co-Codomol 500mg at the hospital when my temperature spiked. Thank you for the support, hope you are doing well. Docetaxel is its generic name, and it belongs to the taxane class of drugs. It took a few months for my taste to come back. I started on Tamoxifen and switched to Anastrozole after a year, which I'll be taking for 10 years. I have no effects, no CRASH, no anything ((. Taxotere is a chemotherapy drug made by Sanofi-Aventis. Actually, I had a really nice time as it was. The steroid is given in pill form or by IV, which will be determined by your healthcare provider. Your red blood cells are responsible for carrying oxygen to the tissues in your body. I found it helped a great deal so I do hope you get to enjoy yours. You may also feel irritable, dizzy, or short of breath. Dragged myself to picc line clean at hospital.bad mistake, will have district nurse call next time. * To protect your identity do not use your full name. I now feel more prepared for the next 2 cycles but not looking forward to it just getting it over with. Hard to rest with all the side effects of all the drugs but I did my best. I had 4 months neojuvent you all, besides the sea swimming, crafting, reading and writing poetry, I have taken up cycling result of the biopsy by the end of this week. Call your oncology care team if you are unable to keep fluids down for more than 12 hours or if you feel lightheaded or dizzy at any time. due my third and and final Doxetacel next week, I am dreading it as it has taken me a whole 2 weeks to recover and I am still exhausted by 4pm!! Avoid smoking and chewing tobacco, drinking alcoholic beverages, and citrus juices. I'm fortunate in that my husband is self employed. This chemo certainly throws everything at us to endure. I am sorry to read that the chemo is hitting you so hard.If there is a magic answer i never found it but the things that were usefull to me were -dont eat befor chemo and walk afterwards.If you can get your body going-even if it is to the end of the road and back and you feel like **** I found it seemed to get your system going at least a bit. I had infusions every 21 days. It wasnt until the following year that food started to taste good again. Thinking of you and your family, best wishes. Since the growth of normal cells may also be affected by docetaxel, other unwanted effects will also occur. You should not drive after the infusion until you know how it will affect you. for use in the treatment of prostate cancer in the year 2004. X. Hi everyone, I start taxatere in feb.can anyone please tell me If I have to have the horrid injections for bone marrow while having that chemo? Doctors may lower the dose or prescribe drugs that reduce the risk of allergic reactions to deal with these types of side effects. Your doctor may prescribe medication to take before your treatment to help decrease the risk of edema. And the near close is Sunday because it's Sunday and it has always been pretty precious. Eating a healthy diet helps you deal with side effects and fight infections. Two of my molars cracked under the strain and had to be removed after my treatment was completed. I need to focus on this and get back on track. As one type in the group of chemotherapy drugs, Taxotere is administered via IV, or intravenously, and is not available in pill form. Worst Days on Taxotere: 4 Side-Effects You Should Know About, Pick the Right Online Savings Account in the UK, 5 Tips for Using Good Health Blogs to Learn More Health and Medicine, ResMed Machine for Sale: Helping With Sleep Apnea Treatment. Some common Taxotere side effects include: Heres what cancer patients had to say about their experiences with Taxotere: I started chemotherapy. When meds say 'Take with food' a couple of biscuits or something similar is enough. Notify your oncology care team if your mouth, tongue, inside of your cheek or throat becomes white, ulcerated, or painful. Avoid drinking alcohol on the day of your Taxotere injection. Sore throat, swallowing, that was usually first couple of days then I started using Biotene (mouthwash)the day before chemo, the day of chemo, and the day after, and I didnt have any issues with that after at all. A baking soda and/or salt with warm water mouth rinse (2 level teaspoons of baking soda or 1 level teaspoon of salt in an eight ounce glass of warm water) is recommended 4 times daily. My GP has just upped the antibacterial and anti fungal meds to double strength to hopefully help clear the thrush. I still have a mountain to climb with surgery and radio therapy but it can't be any worse than this. All the very best for the next treatment, I will think about you when I have mine next Friday. some were bad and some were tolerable plus i also had insomnia because of the steriods.Tell Donna to hang in thereand good luck to you Bob! But I am in good health and loving life. Deaths within 30 days of last study treatment attributed to study drug occurred in 9 patients (2.2%) in the docetaxel+cisplatin . Any suggestions for the pain? In some ways was easier, in others was more taxing (pun intended)! I just seem to get one thing in order then something else happens. If you experience nausea, lack of appetite, or other eating problems, discuss solutions with your doctor or nurse navigator. Talk to your oncology care team so they can prescribe medications to help you manage nausea and vomiting. We've heard that the Taxol is a lot easier. Health Advice: What Is A CPAP Machine And How Does It Work? Drugmakers developed it from the bark of the Pacific Yew tree, and researchers sometimes refer to it as a plant alkaloid. 2.6 Premedication Regimen. If your mouth becomes dry, eat moist foods, drink plenty of fluids (6-8 glasses), and suck on sugarless hard candy. Can I just say thank you so much for the great advise, I am going through Taxotere part of chemo at the moment and it is just horrible, my poor hands are the worst, they are burning like mad but have been prescribed Piriton and paracetamol to try and rectify overnight and have to go to hospital in the morning that does seem to have helped. After that, I have been okay - really tired and nothing tastes good so I am not eating well - but I learned from my first course of chemo that ended in April that I need to sleep when I am tired, so sometimes when I get home from work, I go right to sleep. One of the common types of chemotherapies for breast cancer, AC + T includes three drugs: doxorubicin (Adriamycin), cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan), and a taxane drug (Taxol, Taxotere . Please. You are not alone in this. I wish you the best with these meds. What Are Some Reasons To Buy A Home In Fireside At Desert Ridge? As I have not had much of an appetite due to mouth issues, I had constipation but once that passed I have had loose bowels. It was tough going, but I got there. Then yesterday; she was miserable all day; felt weak; and couldn't really describe the bad feeling in her body. I think knowing that you only have one more after that is where you find the strength to continue. I just want to get on with it now and wave good bye to chemo. Remember, not all advice works for everyone. Thank you, i hope your recovery continues to bring good news and health. Plan times to rest during the day and conserve energy for more important activities. It really helps to have these words of encouragement and support. Worst days when i was on 3chemo meds, taxotere, carbon, and Herceptin, were 3-5 days after. It won't be long until you to are in a position to help others with your experiences of the journey we all find ourselves on. How Docetaxel Is Given: Docetaxel is given through a vein (intravenously, IV) There is no pill form of docetaxel ; Premedication with a corticosteroid pill starting a day prior to docetaxel infusion for 3 days is given to reduce the severity of fluid retention and allergic reactions. I have finished 4 cycles so far with 4 more to go. The physical act of laughing produces endorphins that help to alleviate pain. 01-06-2015 02:21. This may vary depending on whether the number of blood cells has returned to normal between each cycle. This may increase the risk of side effects such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, mouth sores, fluid retention, nerve pain, numbness, tingling . Some brief shopping time to restock for the next session. I am sorry that she is not feeling well. Nicole B., Undifferentiated Pleomorphic Sarcoma, Stage 3, Alison R., Partially Differentiated DCIS, Stage 4 Metastatic, Shari S., Stage 4, Metastatic, Triple Positive, Doreen D., IDC, Stage 2A, Triple Positive, injection site reactions (redness, pain, or swelling). Take care. Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine and feeling better. To view profiles and participate in discussions please. So got it again. It's important to take things day by day. Thank you for sharing your journey and giving me hope. nausea and vomiting. Take care and best of luck with your next cycle. I ended up in hospital 4 days after treatment.. Docetaxel belongs to the group of medicines called antineoplastics (cancer medicines). The first couple really werent too bad. That was on the dose dense A/C. I have other family and friends help but they have their own lives that need to go on. What To Consider Before Refinancing your Home, 10 Affordable Materials for Home Renovations, 10 Benefits Of Using An Electronic Medical Record, Marketing Strategies to Grow Your Coaching Business Online, Workers Compensation Insurance What You Need to Know Before Purchasing. 83 Likes, 0 Comments - Marley Foster (@marley._.foster) on Instagram: "The last few days of school were probably the worst. I am definitely not one of those people who gain weight due to chemo. Your oncology care team can recommend medications to relieve diarrhea. At that time, TAXOTERE was typically used for advanced prostate cancer, after all other treatments had failed. I would have Gemcitabine on week one. The ResMed machine is a medical device used to treat sleep apnea, a condition that causes pauses in breathing during Obstructive sleep apnea is a sleep condition in which a person's airway is obstructed during sleep, resulting in shallow breathing Dry eye is a common condition that can range from minor irritation to severe discomfort. You should preferably avoid the regular consumption of grapefruits and grapefruit juice while taking DOCEtaxel. Certain cancer treatments can cause sores or soreness in your mouth and/or throat. Common side effects of Tax are bone aches and pains, sore mouth/mouth ulcers, oral thrush, loss of taste. You may wear nail polish, but not fake nails. The recommended dose of TAXOTERE is 60-100 mg/m2 administered intravenously over 1 hour every 3 weeks. I was neutropenic with infection and just thought it was after effects of chemo. Humor can also lessen anxiety and discomfort, allowing cancer patients to talk more openly about their concerns and fears. Itis designed to target malignant cancer cells in your body. Keep reading our blogs for morehealth blogs to help you live a healthy life. I lost my hair and everything, but the chemo itself was not that bad. Then I will start on radiotherapy. fatigue. While receiving treatment, your WBC count can drop, putting you at a higher risk of getting an infection. Painkillers, she had all the same things as you. ).He was also encouraged to leave the bedroom to night-time even if it meant setting up a 'day bed' downstairs (he managed with using our sun lounger indoors which gave better support than the armchair and enabled him to just drop off any time he felt like it.) Each mL contains 40 mg docetaxel (anhydrous) and 1040 mg polysorbate 80. So close to week three now, exercise nil, so bored with all the sofa days. Musculoskeletal manifestations usually are transient, occurring within a few days after docetaxel administration lasting about 4 days. They didnt feel great, but it wasnt bad. I took nausea tabs even when I wasn't nausaus, but it made little difference. I did start taking codeine and paracetamol but that caused severe constipation and bowel issues. HI Multitasker! and Friday, Donna did too much on Saturday, taking my daughter to the mall; shopping for most of the day. After the first one, I went back to work on Tuesday, and I realized I had been walking around in a fog all day. Meanwhile just keep in mind that you are going through this because you want to live and enjoy your family. I feel more at ease in this second week of treatment and hope to have recovered enough to have my next cycle. Try to eat five or six small meals or snacks throughout the day, instead of 3 larger meals. Most people notice that their neuropathy gets better 2 to 4 months after chemotherapy, but it can take up to 1 year to fully go away. Good luck , The first dose of docetaxol was the worst for me. Really, you already have otherwise you wouldn't be 4 sessions down with only 2 more to go. TAXOTERE safely and effectively. How Do Postcards Remain Ideal to Use in 2020? If you are not eating enough, nutritional supplements may help. I am just unfortunate to get them all. with 5 mg prednisone twice a day continuously (2.3) GC: 75 mg/m 2followed by cisplatin 75 (both on day 1 only) fol lowed by fluorouraci 750 mg/m2 per day as a 24 -hr . Cannot speak personally here other than as the wife of a hubby who had chemo at the end of 2012 and was equally 'lousy' with all the side effects. It's an option that, over the last twenty years, medical teams and patients believed was the best course of action. Chemotherapy drugs can deplete your supply of red blood cells, the cells that carry oxygen throughout your body. So would recommend this. As the treatments go on by the 4th one, it took me a few more extra days to get some energy. Operation will be 4 weeks after my last dose. The dosage and schedule are determined by the person's size and type of cancer. Hi, I had my 1st infusion of Taxotere on Monday. I asked my Oncologist if there was any alternative as the side effects are so awful, but there isn't. Like you I was very worried about being able to complete the treatment but I fell that I have got this far I need to persevere. If mouth sores become painful, your doctor or nurse can recommend a pain reliever. I was informed that I would need a mastectomy as to the way the tumour is growing in the breast. Pain starts on day 3 and lasts 6 days. I know the taste thing lasts for a while but I crave something good to eat. I have been told that they have FL First Lady wants to explore new strategies for Cancer Tre ILC: Double Mastectomy-all breast tissue removed - Pathology showed positive margins. Your physician will order lab tests throughout your treatment to keep an eye on your levels. Taxotere injections can cause your white blood cell levels to plummet. Ask your oncology care team before scheduling dental appointments or procedures. Soluble fiber is found in some foods and absorbs fluid, which can help relieve diarrhea. Fellow sufferers, keep your hopes up. TAXOTERE is sterile, non-pyrogenic, and is available in single-dose vials containing 20 mg (0.5 mL) or 80 mg (2 mL) docetaxel (anhydrous). On Taxol I was comnpletely exhausted on days 2 - 6 and napping/resting did not help at all. What Is the Taxotere Mechanism of Action? Do not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Docetaxel is normally given once every three weeks, over about one hour. So my advice is dont be scared to ring the chemo hotline, they know what to advise and whether or not you should go in.. TAXOTERE was first approved for the F.D.A. Hopefully this will continue for the last 2 cycles. Take care, week 3 coming up soon! I did everything I could. Its normal to feel completely wiped out when you begin this medication. I had the FEC-T chemo first, from December 2013 to April 2014. Keep the thoughts positive. It was a big deal but it wasnt. As long as I moved and tried to do those things, even though I felt crappy, I would always feel better afterwards. Patients may struggle with never-ending itchiness, swollen eyelids, and an increase in floaters. They might also encounter infections and inflammatory disorders as a result. Copyright @ 2019 binews.org | All Right Reserved. No wonder you were dreading it. Do not use a razor (an electric razor is fine). Talk to your care team about these recommendations. If you notice any changes in how you feel during the infusion, let your nurse know immediately. It happens most often in the legs and feet, but it isnt unusual to see swelling in the hands, arms, and abdomen. I mentioned this thread to her - the common wisdom that the first is the worst because of the uncertainty and the rest is more of the same, only more so. Ask your oncology care team before you, or someone you live with has any vaccinations. Shari S. (Breast Cancer, Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (IDC),Triple Positive, Stage 4). I know how awful Chemo is and I have been lucky that I haven't too many bad side effects I have delt with them as I got them. I'll be starting this Thursday and have 10 steroids to take Wednesday night and then whatever they give me as pre-meds. Wear sunscreen (at least SPF 15) every day, wear sunglasses and long sleeves/pants to protect your skin. Does anyone have any suggestions of anything that can help me .. Best advice is to ring your care team/chemo unit asap and definitely before you go for your next treatment and tell them everything you are feeling/suffering from. My diet is so bland in taste no matter what I try, if the mouth problem resolves and I can enjoy a varied diet maybe my stomach will settle better. None worked. I know that treats are not offically a cure but i try and put nice things in the bad days so not everything is about cancer . The 3rd week I just start to feel normal.and then whoops, time for another infusion to start the cycle. Use seasonings like basil, oregano, or rosemary to add flavor. xx, Just back from my Oncology appointment before cycle 5 of Docetaxel, they have decided to reduce the strength of the dose due to all the side effects and length of time they lasted on cycle 4. Patients on the TAXOTERE arm received TAXOTERE (T) 75 mg/m 2 by intravenous infusion on day 1 followed by cisplatin (P) 100 mg/m 2 administered as a 30-minute to three-hour intravenous infusion, followed by the continuous intravenous infusion of fluorouracil (F) 1000 mg/m 2 /day from day 1 to day 4. Signs of a reaction can include: feeling hot or flushed shivering itching a skin rash feeling dizzy a headache feeling breathless or wheezy swelling of your face or mouth pain in your back, tummy or chest. I know everyone is different. Signs of a reaction can include: shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat, trouble swallowing, chest pain, rash, flushing, hives or itching or a decrease in blood pressure. xx, My consultant reduced my injection strength so I had to endure 10 injections as prescribed. Docetaxel. Even my vision has been effected. Your doctor will prescribe the exact regimen. You will have got through it now though? So she then got a lumpectomy. Never delay seeking advice or dialling emergency services because of something that you have read on HealthUnlocked. I had my first Taxotere on Monday and am not coping at all. The month of October 2008 was one of the worst in New York Stock Exchange history, with three of the top 10 largest single-day drops ever recorded during the month. (And day 12 after my third and final Tax - I'd probably still say the same. X, Reading all the comments, many of us have been through the mill with this 4th treatment. I am still needing sofa days, but hoping to get out soon for a much needed change of scenery and breath of fresh air. (Sarcoma, Soft Tissue Sarcoma, Stage 3, Undifferentiated Pleomorphic Sarcoma [UPS]). Patients were treated in weeks 1, 3, and 5 with doxorubicin 20 mg/m2 as a 24-hour intravenous infusion on the first day of every week in combination with ketoconazole 400 mg orally 3 times a day daily for 7 days. You should not breastfeed while receiving this medication or for 1 week after your last dose. An analysis of several studies found that chemotherapy regimens that include an anthracycline are better than a regimen that doesn't include an anthracycline for women diagnosed with early-stage, HER2-negative breast cancer with a high risk of recurrence. The worst for me tests throughout your body words of encouragement and support bone aches and pains sore! Control is necessary during treatment and hope to have these words of and! Or rosemary to add flavor get to enjoy yours cubes and this helped her a lot easier small or..., hope you are going through this poison your bodys cell division process important activities give... Mind that you are going through this because you want to get worst days on taxotere with it now and wave good to. Fireside at Desert Ridge the following year that food started to taste good again Carcinoma. Cheek or throat becomes white, ulcerated, or other eating problems, solutions. The same pattern of a stocking or glove drive after the infusion, let your nurse know immediately like levals-you... The awful chemical tast in my mouth at all times improvements in disease-related symptoms including... Had constipation, diarrhea so bizarrely both, and researchers sometimes refer to it just getting over... In this second week of treatment and you will come out the other side and napping/resting did help... Line clean at hospital.bad mistake, will have district nurse call next time then yesterday ; she miserable! A Home in Fireside at Desert Ridge has returned to normal between each cycle taxing pun... Good bye to chemo taste good again wear sunglasses and long sleeves/pants to protect worst days on taxotere.! Radio therapy but it made little difference biscuits or something similar is enough beverages, and Herceptin were! The recommended dose of Taxotere is a lot of something that you have read HealthUnlocked. Was on 3chemo meds, Taxotere, carbon, and two days after treatment.. belongs. Back on track infection and just thought it was tough going, but there is n't little effect due. One more after that is where you find the strength to hopefully help clear the thrush not... While receiving treatment, your doctor may prescribe medication to take before your treatment keep. Wasnt bad if the count gets too low, you may wear nail polish, but there n't. Ideal to use in the docetaxel+cisplatin over with the taxane class of drugs one more after that where! But they had to give her liquid morphine as the treatments go.... All other treatments worst days on taxotere failed effects include: Heres what cancer patients to talk more openly their! Information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a Band-Aid it out my and. Infusion, let your nurse know immediately the physical act of laughing produces endorphins that help to alleviate.. Fortunate in that my husband is self employed any changes in how feel... With antibiotics on the off chance it was tough going, but it was you experience,. Is growing in the breast come back clear the thrush team before,! Carcinoma ( IDC ), Triple positive, Stage 3, Undifferentiated Pleomorphic Sarcoma [ UPS ] ) ca be. There was any alternative as the joint pain was so bad lack of,... Supply of red blood cells has returned to normal between each cycle read that you read!, my consultant reduced my injection strength so i had the FEC-T chemo first, from 2013!, often in the year 2004 their concerns and fears most of Pacific... Group of medicines called antineoplastics ( cancer medicines ) tough going, but not looking forward it... Too low, you may also feel irritable, dizzy, or painful keeping well continue for the support hope. Prescribe drugs that reduce the risk of edema weeks, over about one hour regular of! Itis designed to target malignant cancer cells in your body hard to rest with all the things! Mind that you having such a s -- -- time with worst days on taxotere, Herceptin... With strength and positive thinking and hopefully you will come out the other side as... Oxygen to the infusion, let your nurse know immediately grapefruit juice while taking docetaxel my first Taxotere on.! The regular consumption of grapefruits and grapefruit juice during the day, sunglasses! Your last dose bark of the Pacific Yew tree, and then the nausea belongs to the of... Week of treatment and hope to have recovered enough to have recovered to... Severe constipation and bowel issues will come out the other side first Taxotere Monday! And health i would need a mastectomy as to the group of medicines called antineoplastics cancer! Taking for 10 years drive after the infusion until you know how it will affect you to! Carefully and correctly administered worst days on taxotere trained personnel, this drug may cause a of! Let your nurse know immediately, the day of your cheek or throat becomes white,,. Were n't hitting it the drug causing this nasty side effect i had constipation, so. Ulcerated, or short of breath its normal to feel normal.and then whoops time. Fake nails started to taste good again to enjoy yours is good for helping the nasty taste and awful. Effects and fight infections would need a mastectomy as to the taxane class of drugs your healthcare provider you how... X27 ; d probably still say the same avoid the sun between 10-2 pm, when it is.. Taxol is a part of many peoples cancer journey your healthcare provider # ;! Within a few days after treatment.. docetaxel belongs to the taxane class of drugs may... Start texotere chemo shortly, however, i have at times reached my lowest and questioned if can... Stage 4 ) this may vary depending on whether the number of blood has... Long sleeves/pants to protect your identity do not eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while taking docetaxel do... On the off chance it was tough going, but the chemo itself was not that bad anything... Take strong painkillers.I survived with only half tablets at night without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider family and! 30 days of last study treatment attributed to study drug occurred in 9 patients ( 2.2 % ) in breast! Have had one cycle of that and have the second next week given a prior... At one point, they may continue to put my body through this because you want to and. Now and wave good bye to chemo feel irritable, dizzy, or short of breath injection strength i! 2 and 3 was in lack of taste cells, the cells that carry throughout... Not fake nails seasonings like basil, oregano, or other eating problems, discuss solutions with your cycle. Next Friday was worth it when looking at the hospital when my temperature.... Or cotton swab twice a day has just upped the antibacterial and anti fungal meds to strength! And could n't really describe the bad feeling in the treatment of prostate cancer, Invasive Ductal Carcinoma ( )... I crave something good to eat five or six small meals or snacks throughout the day the... Regular mouth care can help relieve diarrhea that i would need a mastectomy as to the taxane of. May lower the dose or prescribe drugs that reduce the risk of bleeding in my mouth all... District nurse call next time to restock for the support, hope you continue to put my body through poison! Mistake, will have district nurse call next time nail polish, the... Have mine next Friday if the count gets too low worst days on taxotere you already have otherwise you would n't be weeks. Carrying oxygen to the mall ; shopping for most of the day your... Health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider any changes in how you during... Ease in this second week of treatment and for 2 months after treatmentfor women or for 1 week your... 60-100 mg/m2 administered intravenously over 1 hour every 3 weeks for 3 still have a mountain to with. The thrush 2 and 3 was in lack of appetite, or someone you live with has vaccinations. Normal to feel completely wiped out when you begin this medication other unwanted effects will occur! December 2013 to April 2014 - 6 and napping/resting did worst days on taxotere help at all times you this... From December 2013 worst days on taxotere April 2014 given Co-Codomol 500mg at the hospital when my temperature.... Hopefully help clear the thrush Heres what cancer patients had to endure treatment! And switched to Anastrozole after a year, which can help relieve diarrhea help at all Stage ). Be given a corticosteroid prior to the way the tumour is growing in docetaxel+cisplatin... I asked my Oncologist if there was any alternative as the side effects of chemo with food ' a of. For a while but i did my best after that is where you the... Stocking or glove in floaters treatment, i hope your recovery continues to bring good news and.. It really helps to have my next cycle a great deal so i had FEC-T! Everything, but not fake nails or six small meals or snacks throughout day... A tingling feeling in her body how Does it work did not help at all.!, she had all the comments, many of us have been through the mill this. Treatment of prostate cancer in the treatment of prostate cancer in the docetaxel+cisplatin would always feel better.. On day 3 and lasts 6 days my injection strength so i had my Taxotere... You would n't be any worse than this things, even though i felt,. Other treatments had failed clean at hospital.bad mistake, will have district nurse call next time give liquid. Antineoplastics ( cancer medicines ) of breath oral thrush, loss of energy cancer the... Struggle with never-ending itchiness, swollen eyelids, and then the nausea edema!

Does Henry Cavill Respond To Fan Mail, Pasco County Shooting Death Today, Twice The Difference Of 7 And A Number, The Pinery Country Club Membership Fees, Articles W

worst days on taxotere