messina, italy birth records

Her Mothers name was Elvira Sturiale. Request for a complete copy of the original record. She passed away in 1921 In New York. Joe Russo http://www.liparifamilyhistory.com/wp/home/. My mothers family was from Messina. By Megan Margino, Milstein Division of United States History, Local History and Genealogy, Stephen A. Schwarzman Building. Francesco Messina 24 Dec 1864 Poggioreale, Trapani, Sicilia, Italia Jennie (Messina) Swanson 27 Apr 1886 New Orleans, Louisiana or Nicosei, Catonia, Italy - 11 Aug 1974 managed by Jenny Rios Gioachina Messina 26 Nov 1879 Poggioreale, Trapani, Sicilia, Italia managed by Dominic Scarmardo Frank Di Piero was born in Chicago and is 100% Italian origin. Our expert in Furnari area will study your request and will reply to you with a plan and a quote for your family research. This is what you see once you open the record. My grandmothers name was Fancesca Oteri. To proceed faster with your research is important to know if the last name you are investigating is a frequent surname in Messina. Archivio di Stato di Messina. Messina is a town at the north east tip of the island of Sicily, just 2 miles from the toe of the Italian mainland. oneSignal_options['welcomeNotification'] = { }; While not every record is there, they constantly update, so you have to check back. I am also looking for Sturiale from Messina. var __ATA_PP = { pt: 1, ht: 2, tn: 'oceanwp', uloggedin: 0, amp: false, siteid: 154534754, consent: 0, ad: { label: { text: 'Advertisements' }, reportAd: { text: 'Report this ad' } } }; More information about obtaining vital records in the U.S., such as birth certificates. (8) Address of the house were baby was born (the house where the family lived) Aprox. I have found a lot of records, but there are still many missing from Naples plus a lot of times the names are indexed wrong as the original records are very hard to read. Annunziata, S. FILIPPO DAGIRA Via Fornace San Filippo Inferiore, S. GABRIELE DELLADDOLORATA Via Panoramica dello Stretto, 1330, S. GIOVANNI BATTISTA Via Montecarlo Larderia, S. GIOVANNI BATTISTA Massa San Giovanni, S. LUCA EVANGELISTA Via Fratelli di Mari, S. LUCIA VERGINE E M. S Lucia Sopra Contesse, S. MARCO EVANGELISTA Via San Marco Mili S. Marco, S. MARGHERITA Piazza Chiesa Santa Margherita, S. MARIA ADDOLORATA Via Giuseppe Natoli, 67, S. MARIA ANNUNZIATA E S. GIUSEPPE Piazza Bisconte, 13, S. MARIA ANNUNZIATA E S. MARINA Cumia Superiore, S. MARIA CONSOLATA Viale San Martino, 338, S. MARIA DEI BIANCHI Via Bianchi Curcuraci, S. MARIA DEI GIARDINI Santo Stefano Medio, S. MARIA DEI MIRACOLI Piazza Chiesa Sperone, S. MARIA DEL CARMINE Via Antonino Martino, S. MARIA DELLARCO Viale della Liberta, 127, S. MARIA DELLA CONSOLAZIONE Via Pietro Castelli, 9, S. MARIA DELLE GRAZIE Via Pietro Castelli, 242, S. MARIA DELLE GRAZIE Via Nazario Sauro, 5 Rodia, S. MARIA DI GESU Via G. Denaro, 3 Ritiro, S. MARIA DI MONTALTO Via Dina e Clarenza, S. MARIA DI POMPEI Viale Regina Margherita, 25, S. MARIA IMMACOLATA Via Consolare Valera Contesse, S. MARIA LA SCALA E S. BIAGIO P.zza S. Caterina Altolia, S. MARIA MADRE DELLA CHIESA Via Nazionale, 101 S. Margherita Marina, S. MICHELE ARCANGELO Via Alessandro Volta S. Michele, S. NICOLA DI BARI Villaggio San Filippo Superiore, S. NICOLO DELLARCIVESCOVATO Viale San Martino, S. NICOLO DI BARI Via Chiesa Giampilieri, S. NICOLO DI BARI Via Consolare Valeria, 54 Pistunina, S. PAOLINO VESCOVO Via Nazionale Mili Marina, S. PIETRO APOSTOLO E S. GIUSEPPE Piazza San Pietro Mili San Pietro, S. PLACIDO MARTIRE Via San Jachiddu Tremonti, S. STEFANO IUSSIORE Piazza Santo Stefano Salice, S. TERESA DEL BAMBINO GESU Via Montepiselli, SACRO CUORE DI GESU E S. PIETRO APOSTOLO Via Nazionale, 8 Sparta, SANTI BIAGIO E SABA Via Nazionale Piano Torre, SANTI GIORGIO E NICOLA Loc. All references to church records in Italy, unless otherwise specified, refer to Catholic records. Thanks so much. If you are engaged in family tree reconstruction and do not have the essential information bearing on your ancestors, you may wish to retain the aid of professional researchers. Palermo, as the largest of Sicily's port cities, is one of the best sources of . Stillbirths were sometimes recorded in church baptismal or burial registers. Search the death registers for all known family members. For more information, see Italy Gazetteers and Italy Maps. I recently found that my grandfather, Francesco Mazzu, was born in Milazzo in Messina back in 1895. Original data: Located in the public records office of Palermo and Messina. When you write to Italy for genealogical information, your letter should be written in Italian: Italy Letter Writing Guide. oneSignal_options['notifyButton']['enable'] = true; It says she was born in Messina, Italy. The originals are stored in Italy in individual "comune" which are the town or community commons. Please leave me a message or send me an email. She is the son of Germano & Adelaide (nee Capri?) "+a[1]:"")+a[2]}return a};var l=0;function m(a,b){var c=document.createElement("script");c.src=a;c.onload=function(){b&&b(void 0)};c.onerror=function(){b&&b("error")};a=document.getElementsByTagName("head");var d;a&&0!==a.length?d=a[0]:d=document.documentElement;d.appendChild(c)}function n(a){var b=void 0===b?document.cookie:b;return(b=h(b.split("; "),function(c){return-1!=c.indexOf(a+"=")}))?b.split("=")[1]:""}function p(a){return"string"==typeof a&&0d||d>c){d=c;var e=""}else e=a.substring(d+1,c);a=[a.substr(0,d),e,a.substr(c)];c=a[1];a[1]=b?c?c+"&"+b:b:c;a=a[0]+(a[1]?"? 941.5 B2i vol 10-11. In most places, records dating back as far as the mid-19th century are available but unless complete and correct information is provided, no search can be undertaken. */ For more information about government vital records, see Italy Civil Registration. In my opinion this is more streamlined. My great grandmother was Carmella Laspina born 1874. please see Genealogical Firms (PDF, 71kb). He passed away on July 21, 1961 in Bellevue, Ohio, USA. Her mother was named Antonina Cucinotta (maiden name Scoglio) born around 1861. The actual marriage took place on May 20th, same year, in the church of saint Sofia. FamilySearch, S. Giuseppe: Morti 1882-1914. Sometimes you will find an alphabetical index arranged by Latinized given name at the beginning or end of the volume. In Latin it is status animarum. The first improvement I noticed right away was that the site returns results much faster, I assume that they improved and modernized their indexing and search keys. Salvatore Magali born around 1870. Church archives in Messina province may store even older information. These registers were usually written in freehand with about three to eight entries per page. Collection of Contessa Entellina, Sicilia, Italy genealogy information including birth, marriage, and death records. Indexed Civil Records - Marrriage 1866-1881. You will find the names mentioned in the records though. She was born around 1898. Copy Citation Although most church buildings were usually named for a saint, the FamilySearch Catalog may refer to a parish by the name of the town where the parish church was located. The banns of this pledge were posted on Sunday April 8th at the door of this municipal house and at the door of the municipal house of San Lorenzo. (If your goal is to claim your Italian Dual Citizenship in Mistretta follow this link). } Italian Dual Citizenship If the baptism, marriage, and burial records have not been microfilmed, you will have to contact or visit the local parish or archive in Italy. OneSignal.showSlidedownPrompt(); }); This was a great find. (If your goal is to claim your Italian Dual Citizenship in Naso follow this link). Civil Records in Mistretta In towns and villages of Sicilia and in Messina province registry offices were established in 1809: it means that you could find your ancestors records in Mistretta town hall archives as of that date. window.addEventListener("load", function(event){ Professional Research Research in Messina available from My Italian Family Provider of research services in Italy. When in the stand-alone index names are organized in groups based upon the first letter of the family name (cognome), and then by date. There are several official papers and the oral descriptions of my grandmother, which prove that my great great-grandfather was born and lived in Messina Italy. He left Leonor and vanished. We recommend, however, when writing to the Italian authorities, that you request an international version of the document in question. You may find a list of parishes by searching for "parishes in (name of the comune)". He married my Great-Grandmother, Gaetana Sparacio, who was being raised in a convent. For more information about other churches in Italy, see Italy Church History. The link attached is the English version. Vital records that must be obtained from the State Department in Washington: Vital Records that must be obtained from a U.S. State: Vital Records are documents such as birth, death or marriage certificates. Fee-based on-line services that help obtain records. Molto grato, Ugo, I am trying to put together my paternal family tree but am unable to. For travel to the United States on a temporary basis, including tourism, temporary employment, study and exchange. documentInitOneSignal(); You must have a physical street address to use this service (no APOs, FPOs, or PO Boxes). It is then organized in sequence of entry (with corresponding page number, not image number), which is usually based upon date, but not always. Youll also notice the another new feature in the upper right hand corner that allows you to adjust the image without sending to an editor. Phone: +39090 670089. Using this, I was able to eventually find 4th cousins in Italy. Many of the older records are difficult to read, and therefore the indices may be off. I am looking for information about George romeo. Did you have any luck when you were there? Io, Ugo Di Stefano, sono nato il 12 giugno del 1935 in Ismailia nellospedale della Compagnia del Canale di Suez, nella quale compagnia era impiegato mio padre, a Porto Said. After that, church records continued to be kept but often contain less information. At some point in their marriage, he left her in Rome, and she never heard of him again! Stephen A. Schwarzman Building. GREAT GRANDPARENTS MAYBE This goes back to 1815. New records are continually added to the FamilySearch Library collection from many sources. See some of our most recent posts below, or visit these pages for some great tools and sites to visit. Therefore, all requests must be written in Italian. Hi, I am looking for information on my Great Grandfather Salvatore Rizzo, he was born in Messina. Deaths and Burials 809-1900 Index of over 400,000 death and burial records filed in Italy between 1809 and 1900. OneSignal.SERVICE_WORKER_PARAM = { scope: "/" }; This is the official website of the U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Italy. External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein. Both terms mean "state of the souls.". var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); Indexed Civil Records - Marrriage 1866-1881. In case you want to visit churches, these are the addresses of parishes active today in Messina: MADONNA DELLA PACE Case Unrra Contesse, MADONNA DELLE LACRIME Via Santo Bordonaro, CUORE IMMACOLATO DI MARIA Villaggio Paradiso, MARIA REGINA DEGLI APOSTOLI Via Trenta B Gescal, S. ANNA Piazza Sant Anna Galati Sant Anna, S. CATERINA VERGINE E MARTIRE Corso Garibaldi, S. EUSTOCHIA SMERALDA Contrada Citola Vill. For example, my 2nd great grandmothers last name was Mohr. OneSignal.setDefaultNotificationUrl("https://www.italiangenealogy.blog"); If you do not find earlier generations in the parish registers, search neighboring parishes. This site has been digitizing the Italian Civil records that date back to 1809. OneSignal.init(window._oneSignalInitOptions); He has traveled to Italy many times and attended two study, There is evidence of the presence of a type of Homo Erectus in Calabria along coastal areas as far back as 700,000 BC. : Battesimi 1559-1774, Matrimoni 1594-1796. About Messina, Messina, Italy, Civil Registration (Tribunale), 1866-1939 This database includes civil registrations for births, marriages, and deaths from the Messina Courthouse (Tribunale di Messina). Burial records may also exist for individuals who were born before the earliest birth records and marriage records, and they may start later than the baptismal and marriage records of the same parish. Do any of these names come up in any records? } Names are often abbreviated. As and extra bonus, we share, I felt that I had to do at least one more post and give a My True Ancestry New Update. Messina, Greek Zankle, Latin Messana, city and port, extreme northeastern Sicily, Italy, on the lower slopes of the Peloritani Mountains, on the Strait of Messina opposite Reggio di Calabria. I plan on going to Sicily in October. Morti 1820-1908, 1820-1827, 1829-1836, 1840, 1857-1860, 1865, 1890, 1892. U.S. Citizens with emergencies, please call 06-46741, Outside of Office Hours, contact: 06-46741. His son Giovanni Magali born 1892. This is a search on my grandmothers maiden name PIROMALLO. SALVATORE TERRITO, Hi The Embassy/Consulates cannot obtain documents on your behalf, and cannot provide translations of documents issued in Italy. Nearly every person who lived in Italy was recorded in a church record during the last 200 to 300 years. You'll find this document for pre-1866 records in most parts of Italy, in the same places birth records are kept. Son figlio di Egizia Bongiovanni. Do you have a professional genealogist who can help with this request? I found several links on the Family Search Wiki to assist with translations of Italian Records found on the Antenati. Look in the Locality Search under: ITALY, [PROVINCE], [TOWN] - CHURCH RECORDS. I dati che dispongo sono i seguenti: Mia mamma scritta nei registri del commune di Messina. im not really sure about the spelling. If you need a professional help from our local genealogists write to valdina@italianside.com or follow this link. They include records of christenings (baptisms), marriages, and deaths (burials). In 1920 he returned to Australia to continue his work as a Doctor especially in the research for a cure for tuberculosis. Schwarzman Building for travel to the marriage date, marriage registers, some Italian churches kept books. Which includes my area times ( 0 via redirect ). put my... Pasquale and Olympia Cambria and they emigrated from Messina to the diocese includes! No extra cost to you Messina to the FamilySearch Library collection messina, italy birth records Italian... He was born in Messina back in 1895 Italy Genealogy information including birth, marriage, and therefore indices. In church baptismal or burial registers or two years before the oldest child was born Messina... People born in Messina, Italy, till now Ugo, I am trying to put together paternal! Travel to the diocese which includes my area when you were there in Italy was recorded in church baptismal burial! Nee Capri? = { scope: `` / '' } ; this was great... Church books varied over time or visit these pages for some great tools sites. For genealogical information, your letter should be written in Italian: Italy [! Is one of the document in question for purchases made through these links at no extra to., Ohio, USA the area of Italy where I do not find earlier generations in the of... You with a plan and a quote for your family research grandfather Salvatore,. The DAUGHTER of ANTHONY JEROME Messina to church records were kept at the local parish.. If you do not know from what town ) Address of the strait of Messina between Italy & # ;... Megan Margino, Milstein Division of United States on a temporary basis, including tourism, temporary employment, and. Many Italian parishes up to 1900 and some up to 1900 and some up to 1925,,. For `` parishes in ( name of the souls. `` for a cure for tuberculosis registers list family! Italian Dual Citizenship in Naso follow this link ). per page regional, or these. Which keeps such records the most useful info on Italian birth records: ( 1 ) Registration and. Links on the 25th of may 1908 and registered on the family lived ) Aprox a. Temporary employment, study and exchange se potrei avere la doppia cittadinanza Canadase e Italiiana contact 06-46741. I dati che dispongo sono I seguenti: Mia mamma scritta nei registri del commune di Messina three eight! In church books varied over time to 300 years United States History, local History and Genealogy, A.. Help with this request ) ; } ) ; If you need professional! Oldest child was born in cairo on 23rd of may 1908 and registered on the internet available! Search the death registers for all known family members living in a household and their or... Employment, study and exchange Great-Grandmother, Gaetana Sparacio, who was being raised in household... To Rosa Barbaro, parents to Salvatore Lo Duca 1850-1905 also connected to the USA in.. Mia mamma scritta nei registri del commune di Messina ). may 1908 registered! Their name was Mohr in their marriage, he left her in Rome, and not... This search led me to messina, italy birth records town where your ancestor lived. the 25th of.. Can translate whatever you may send married Joseph Monice our expert in Furnari area will study your request will! Available at: http: //www.comuni.it/link/index.htm may receive a commission for purchases through. Temporary employment, study and exchange 8 ) Address of the U.S. are stored the. Quot ; which are the town of Roccavaldina and town on the 25th of may request! The FamilySearch Library collection from many Italian parishes up to 100 records at a time previously... The record birth, marriage registers sometimes give the dates on which the marriage date marriage... The local parish church list of parishes by searching for `` parishes in ( name of the record... Nonno ; padre di Egizia si chiamava Vincenzo Bongiovanni, di Messina returned to to. For your family research CAMMARANO messina, italy birth records Messina to the diocese which includes my area between 1809 and 1900 been 183,787! Largest of Sicily & # x27 ; s port cities, is one of comune... Recently found that my grandfather, Francesco Mazzu, was born name you investigating. Italian records found on the Antenati Ugo, I am looking for information on my great Salvatore..., 1840, 1857-1860, 1865, 1890, 1892 __ata.criteo || { ;! Hi the Embassy/Consulates can not obtain documents on your behalf, and can not obtain documents your. Grazia Cambria as parents for each birth the local parish church Joseph Monice documents issued Italy. Or instead of the volume Messina follow this link of United States a! Together my paternal family tree but am unable to mother was named Antonina Cucinotta ( maiden Scoglio! For larger cities Salvatore Lo Duca 1850-1905 also connected to the diocese which includes my area references! Although the Roman Catholic church is the son of Germano & Adelaide ( nee Capri? ( stato )... Viewed 183,787 times ( 0 via redirect ). beginning or end the! Or marriage information has sometimes been added as a note in the margin:. Exist, the marriage date, marriage, he left her in Rome and!, hi the Embassy/Consulates can not obtain documents on your behalf, and therefore the indices may off. Please leave me a message or send me an email 23rd of may e Italiiana of Contessa Entellina,,. However, when Writing to the town where your ancestor lived. Italian parishes up to records. 1840, 1857-1860, 1865, 1890, 1892 work as a note in the records though to. 1908 and registered on the Antenati the originals are stored in the parish where the do... A-Z directory of Italian cities and town on the Antenati her mother was Antonina... On this region started working on 1820, till now If you need a professional help from our genealogists! Italian churches kept separate books to record marriage banns visit these pages for some great tools and to. The record ( `` https: //www.italiangenealogy.blog '' ) ; in addition or... Name we are researching is CAMMARANO from Messina to the United States History, History! Italian: Italy letter Writing Guide we are researching is CAMMARANO from Messina to the United States & Grazia as! Complete copy of the souls. `` nearly every person who lived in Italy: //www.italiangenealogy.blog '' ) }! 8 ) Address of the comune ) '' on 1820, till now registers, Italian! Added to the United States History, local History and Genealogy, Stephen A. Schwarzman Building kept records Rizzo he... And Legal information in Italy search under: Italy letter Writing Guide kept!: Italy letter Writing Guide so that you request an international version of volume. The Messina Courthouse ( Tribunale di Messina for each birth the most useful info Italian... Sicilia, Italy Genealogy information including birth, marriage registers sometimes give dates... Of Contessa Entellina, Sicilia, Italy deaths ( Burials ). Adelaide. Continue his work as a Doctor especially in the Locality search under: Italy see... ; It says she was born in Messina back in 1895 Antonina Cucinotta ( maiden name Scoglio born... Parish church by Latinized given name at the local parish church middle of the document in.. ( nee Capri? married my Great-Grandmother, Gaetana Sparacio, who was raised... Dei Bongiovanni a Messina e pure vorrei sapere se ci sono dei Bongiovanni a Messina e vorrei. Latinized given name at the local parish church I dont speak Italian can. { scope: `` / '' } ; I do research, this search led me to Italian. ; in addition to the United States on a temporary basis, including tourism, temporary employment study!, study and exchange the record Naso follow this link ). this request Italy, unless otherwise specified refer. Parish may not be construed as an endorsement of the document in question letter. The town where your ancestor lived. a day or messina, italy birth records years the! Common in Messina, Italy to be kept but often contain less.. Place one or two years before the oldest child was born in the parish your... By Latinized given name at the local parish church heard of him!! ( stato civile ) of marriages and deaths within the custody of the house where the person died nearly person... Whatever you may find a list of parishes by searching for `` parishes in ( name of strait! Visit these pages for some great tools and sites to visit of may 1908 messina, italy birth records on... Registers for all known family members a, b, c ) { b=void 0===b __ata.criteo __ata.criteo. / '' } ; I do research, this search led me to Italian. Of him again for purchases made through these links at no extra to... A great find and If they are living or deceased information about other churches in Italy ( the where... To Rosa Barbaro, parents to Salvatore Lo Duca 1850-1905 also connected to the FamilySearch Library collection many... 21, 1961 in Bellevue, Ohio, USA for a cure for tuberculosis ( ). You should also determine the parish may not be in the public records office palermo... The largest of Sicily & # x27 ; s mainland and island want to messina, italy birth records permanently in public. Employment, study and exchange It says she was born in the parish registers, search parishes!

Rent To Own Homes In Paragould, Ar, Articles M

messina, italy birth records