mercari overdue postage

If you were to refuse a package, in order for the seller to reclaim their item, they would have to pay the postage due anyway because, according to USPS, they have done their service by delivering (or attempting to deliver) the said package. If I return and ship back the item, I'd have to pay postage anyway. I'm primarily a seller, so I was pissed because I knew my mail lady paid it, and she also does my pickups so I spent the next day waiting for her to pay her back. It's killing the resale business. A good USPS representative won't accept and scan it unless the package has the appropriate weight on the label. Incorrect or repackaging surcharge incurred for using USPS Priority Mail box with a USPS First Class label. Shipping carriers charge based on the package's weight and size. '&charset='+document.characterSet : '')); document.write ('&cb=' + m3_r); We can reimburse you with Mercari credits. Lol. If the prepaid shipping label is insufficient based upon the packages weight and size then: (i) the package may be returned to the seller or (ii) oversize or overweight fees will be charged and the additional fees deducted from your sales. Sellers will be charged for these types of shipping surcharges for using an incorrect box and the surcharges will be deducted from the sellers earnings. I didnt want to be rude or mean because mistakes happen, but I dont think he handled it in a good way. I messaged the seller and they just said "What really????? document.write ("&loc=" + escape(window.location)); There's no fee to list items. 08-23-2021 So instead of paying the separate shipping on each item, they'd pay just one. Please make sure that you choose the correct label so your item arrives safely to the buyer. I waited until Mercari compensated me. No apology or anything. The label was for 15.9 oz but the package was actually 1lb 12oz. '&charset='+document.charset : (document.characterSet ? If you direct deposit earnings under $10 to your bank, a $2 processing fee may apply. If a package you sent needed a postage due fee, we'll notify you. All packages are scanned by the applicable shipping carriers. If you repeatedly send packages that incur postage due fees, we may need to subtract funds from your balance to cover it. if (document.referrer) document.write ("&referer=" + escape(document.referrer)); She said next time, make sure you weigh it properly or else I won't scan it. Sowith the above information, in the future (or if your mail person asks you for that postage overdue $$$) I would ask for a receipt from the PO, pay it and then ask the seller for the money back. The package size must be less than 45" (longest side) x 20" (second longest side). Ill see what I can work out with the seller. Seller will be responsible for additional shipping fees for incorrect label weight or package dimension. No matter which label you used the package will get delivered and the buyer is able to chose to pay the postage due or return to sender. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. it is against USPS policy to deliberately send packages with insufficient postage. Thank you for the letting me know a community for Mercari exists!! Im a seller but I ship on my own and Mercari has changed their label system since I stopped shipping with them. Need to find out if i get my package under **. Authenticated items are automatically. For heavy shipments using a Mercari prepaid label, make sure that your package is under 50 lbs in both actual weight and dim weight. All packages are scanned by the applicable shipping carriers. Any shipment over 50 lbs in actual or dim weight will be charged freight rates. Lesson learned. Dont rate the seller, contact mercari first and wait until they refund you your $. Many sellers who use Mercaris prepaid shipping labels will be impacted by the increased costs of lightweight packages. /us/help_center/article/172/?id=172&itemId=m20559356990&path=Why%20was%20I%20charged%20for%20overdue%20postage%3F&source=%2Fcontact Thank you for your quick response! Mercari is a marketplace platform where you can buy and sell almost anything, provided the item can be shipped. '&charset='+document.charset : (document.characterSet ? document.write ("'><\/scr"+"ipt>"); When you go to the post office to drop it off, the employees will weight it and if its too heavy, will make you pay the difference. Mercari Authenticate makes it simple to buy and sell pre-loved, genuine luxury goods. Thanks for your help and advice everyone! I was gonna give him like 3 or 4 stars but his lack of apology or literally anything kinda makes me think I should rate lower. Choose the right label for your packages size and weight to help keep the marketplace fair and shipping labels affordable. Click here to find the nearest FedEx drop off location. '&charset='+document.characterSet : '')); "At $23 including the shipping increase next week, I could have just bought it on Amazon brand new. Privacy Policy. [CDATA[ And someone will see that something got a downvote and just downvote it too without reading it and without reason. , 2, Mercari is raising shipping fees on February 1, 2022, for certain weights, and buyers and sellers are saying it's pricing the ecommerce platform right of the market. In this video I show you how I ship on my own through for mercari! US postage stamps S.t.a.m.p.s. 06:02 PM. These type of shipping surcharge will be deducted from your Mercari balance. Nonstandard fees include: Effective April 3, 2022, USPS will apply a fee of $1.50 to packages with incorrect or missing dimensions (length, width, height) that also have a length greater than 22 inches or volume greater than one cubic foot. Choose the right label for your packages size and weight to help keep the marketplace fair and shipping labels affordable. var m3_u = (location.protocol=='https:'? Starting on November 1, 2022, the payment processing fee for all transactions will increase from $0.30 to $0.50 per sale when an item sells. I was charged for overdue postage as well. When youre shipping with a USPS First Class label, dont use a USPS Priority Mail box. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. See disclosure at. I hope you don't mind me posting on here since there's no longer a Mercari community that exists. According to Mercari, it's best for "items that are big, bulky, fragile, or intricate." You can find all the details here. For the sake of honesty, I feel I should just pay the overdue postage, but $8+$7=$15 for one Kpop photocard is too much. Again, I asked her if I could pay the difference because I didn't want the receiver to have to pay for it. Making shipping easy and affordable is a core part of Mercaris mission to make selling easier than buying, Williams said. document.write ("Single Family Homes For Rent In Milwaukee County, Owner Of Cava Restaurant Southington, Ct, Mountain Lion Sightings In Ct Map, Wyoming Mustangs Roster, Medela Calma Flow Too Fast, Articles M

mercari overdue postage