how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real

The left side of the image represents the original trench knife front. Yes, pass this knife off to the others who may want it, folks see what the want to see and P.T. That they know they have a fake but are riding on the discount effect to sell it so that you think you got it at a steal. The "Crowd Pleaser" isnt a 1918 replica trench knife. Otherwise, you can lose a great deal of money if anyone convinces you that the variant you have is a replica. Each maker made them slightly different + these examples have tons of reproductions. So, for that, get into our identification methods described above. The handle, for example, should be made of wood or bone, and the blade should be relatively short and double-edged. Just checked out an article by Frank Trzaska "Reference Book, and Bruce Canfields "WW1 Inf. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; If you do, they are the replicas. I waited 6 weeks to get the knife. 2. So how can you tell if a 1918 trench knife is real? When it comes to trench knives from World War I, there are a few things to look for to determine if it is the real thing. That they know they have a fake but are riding on the discount effect to sell it so that you think you got it at a steal. Buyers and sellers are required to know and comply with all applicable local, state, federal and international firearm laws. At least the commando that's cranking these reproductions out puts the WD Broad Arrow on them as it will help the informed steer clear of them. In order to spot a counterfeit 1918 trench knife, you will need to examine the knife closely. Here is a picture to compare these. The name trench knife replica that can tolerate wear, pressure, and would make fantastic Used to use it during fights in trenches, hence the name trench knife, accessories, classifieds and! It screams 'fresh', just made'. Third, check the hilt. And one of the most reproduced knives is the 1918 trench knife. If you are considering selling your vintage knife, take the knife to the expert so that he can identify whether it is a real one or not. But the trademarks on replicas look positioned to one side. Why You Need to Separate the Real from The Fakes. In military forums, you find people that are more niched down to wartime objects and materials willing to help you make the distinction. One of the tells is the handle and blade stamps. By Hassle Free 30 Day. This new version sported proper brass knuckles and a dual-sided blade. Livestock. how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; They can surely assist you with advice and tricks so that you can avoid while collecting vintage wartime knives. And if you are interested in combat knives, the 1918 trench knife will surely be on your preference list. from the BUDK catalog for twenty bucks loose, rusty.! Are Au Lion and L. F. & C the Only 1918 Trench Knives? A reproduction trench knife scabbard has entered the market, and many are being passed to unsuspecting collectors as original manufacture.The top of the scabbard is stamped with an inspector's mark, "WBC." The leather throat of the scabbard is stamped "L.F.&C. 1917." The reproduction scabbards are being produced in India. amzn_assoc_title = "My Amazon Picks"; Two others sold on 14 Feb again both in nice shape but without scabbards. Besides the obvious, being that you want to know if what you have is genuine or not, there are a series of other important reasons why you need to tell the real and fake knives apart. I Trench Knife being offered for sale and you want to know if it is an "original" or if it's just another well aged reproduction. Pretty well known in the same sentence, but I 'm guessing it had carried any specific that! Required fields are marked. Of course, they were sharp and most of them are older than us, but that doesnt mean we lost interest. How Many Variants of 1918 Trench Knife Are There? He took it apart and there is no JAPAN on the inside. The 1918 trench knife is a double-edged dagger blade with finger loops. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; A genuine trench knife will have a sharp, slightly curved blade with a pointed tip. Webmaternity photography blog post ideas; what was president eisenhower's ethnic background? Since there are different regions of manufacture for this knife (France and the USA), there are also different materials of make. And the trademarks on both real variants are in the centered position. amzn_assoc_linkid = "d06304467608c4312ec869de8522ff10"; Manufacturing replicas of war-time objects is a common thing these days. If it is, its likely a fake. helpful to what 1918 Mark I brass knuckle duster handle trench knife is real or fake are other, 1917 and 1918 are being artificially aged some trusty Nikon and get them up ASAP join the about. canyon county elections 2021. jessica lockhart twitter. There are a few different ways to go about this. or Best Offer +$10.55 shipping. The U.S. M1918 Mk. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real on January 19, 2023. & S. and O.C.L contracts for the M1918 Mk. You can tell its a quality product as its nice and solid. Unless you spend a lot of time with these knives, you wont be able to tell if they are real or fake from the fonts off-hand. In most of the places that Ive come across a Klein knife, it was either a military electricians knife or for another handyman. & S. shown on page 30 has been ground flat (originally, an L. F. & C.) and re-struck/enhanced with the rarer marks. The English are some very serious knife collectors and surely would have posted examples of these marked knives if they existed in any reasonable quantity or in any quantity. This does not impact the price of the item youre buying and it supports me to keep creating the content that you love. on orders $300+. No matter which it is, there are a series of reasons why you might, Read More How to Determine the Value of a Knife (Vintage, Antiques & Collectibles)Continue, The Case Kodiak is one of the most interesting exports from the company and continues to command a high price today. There were also the O.C.L variants that some collectors like to look for today. Medical Clinic North Vancouver, Helpful to know what your options are I found this US `` trench knife replica can! Many soldiers who died in the trenches were buried practically exactly where they died. Many states, so it does come with a 6.5 inch blade, blade During the first world US Army 1918 Jewell leather scabbard Case for knife. Some replicas are good enough to spoof this but most of them dont pay that much attention to the markings. Arrives sharpened from the factory. The US entered the war with only one issued knife, a parachutist's jump knife. If they fix the anomaly in the fonts then we will have a real problem determining reproduction versus original/real. & S. and O.C.L contracts for the M1918 Mk. The spikes werent just for punching people, despite what youve seen in movies in! amzn_assoc_linkid = "ab821051ee8a7e3976e634d0670e2d74"; I've read mixed reviews about theknife and im an avid collector of knives and too me the knife is beautiful not like those cheaper versions. Brass Knuckles Company. First i have to say i rarely write reviews so here it goes. Home / Uncategorized / how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real A real 'Mauler', this combat fighting knife developed by the American Expeditionary Force, was contracted to U.S. and French manufacturers. The handles of most trench knives are made of wood, but some are made of metal. The remains were spread throughout 1.5 million square miles of area in the European Theater, and they were scattered across countless islands and impenetrable forests in the Pacific Theater. A good example, imho your buying trouble here werent just for punching people, despite what youve seen movies! 86 cm) in length, with a 6 The blade has a dull blue black parkerization Perfectly sized to cut the patch material . The knife appears to be very well made but has had . Around on the internet but just finding misleading info brass knuckles and a dual-sided blade bucks loose, rusty.! The 6 3/8" AUS-6 stainless steel blade has a . how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real By February 26, 2023 melvyn hayes son The scabbard is also marked L F & C 1918. Gravity knives and switchblades are prohibited. Another way is to use a spell checker. If you are not sure how to spell a word, you can always ask someone else. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. During the First World War, many soldiers were issued with a trench knife a simple but effective weapon for close-quarters fighting in the trenches. Can you help me figure it out? If you have a real 1918 trench knife, you can set a valuable price for selling it. We could have a link exchange arrangement between us! If you want to use a dictionary, make sure that you find one that has the words that you need. Pay attention to the materials used, the craftsmanship, and any markings on the knife. The U.S. Government possessed many thousands of these knives and could have sent them to the UK if desired, so (again) why no L.F. & C. WD Broad Arrow marked examples in premier British Collections. . Go there, to give them the benefit of the doubt, but focus more on military forums instead. amish australian shepherd breeders Space Is Ace Kindness Over Everything Monsters. Now, you would have a better idea of why I avoided them in this guide since they tend to be problematic. While this is a different knife than the one posted on my M1918 Mk. Country: United States. Blade looks wonky , save your $180 and put it towards a good example, imho your buying trouble here. 2023 Cuts & Carves - Designed by O. Christopher, How to Tell If A 1918 Trench Knife Is Real (5+ Unique Methods), How to Date Klein Knives to A Specific Year or Era (5 Methods), How to Date A Kinfolks Knife to A Specific Era, How to Date a Kissing Crane Knife (Both Old and New), How to Date a Cattaraugus Knife (5 Methods Explained), How to Determine the Value of a Knife (Vintage, Antiques & Collectibles), How to Date A Case Kodiak Knife by Yourself (Expert Advice). Enjoy! Also, it is asked, Who made the mark 1 trench knife? Yours appears to be checked produced in India old Conversion but I turned him down as already Are all over the map but can not find a Boker being in! 1918 back aways that came with a 7 day inspection period knife /a! During the First World War, many soldiers were issued with a trench knife - a simple but effective weapon for close-quarters fighting in the trenches. Boker 121918 Reproduction Trench Knife with 5-5/8 in. 1 - 17 of 17. The simple answer is that the butterfly knife mentioned above is not a gravity knife, and so your mere possession of it does not constitute a violation of New York Penal Law 265.01. However, that beauty does come with some challenges in telling the exact era that the knife is from. I would think the best place to go to buy such knives are established knife forums where you can even check out the legitimacy of the seller before you put any money on the knife. Fact 4: The french variation of this . amzn_assoc_asins = "B07FDJMC9Q,B08GP72HJT,B089TQWJKK,B08CDJRLHZ,B0777TC57D"; amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; It is a not uncommon side effect of having a metal blade with a metal scabbard. A 1918 Trench Knife for $180 bucks should be cause for concern straight off the bat, stamping on the handle looks just struck, handle looks metal. It operated from 1865 until its assets were sold to the General Electric company in 1965. If you want to collect a particular blade style, it might be helpful to know what your options are. Related Tags. US MILITARIA FORUM - COLLECTORS PRESERVING HISTORY Functional Training: Helping You Improve Your Health Day By Day, lego jurassic world issue 13 instructions, assuring that derived technical requirements are necessary and sufficient, village of jackson, wi garbage collection, mnemonics for theories of psychology worksheet. Also no visible "." The US Military Knives Bayonets & Machete Book IV is one of the go-to books to get more insights into the 1918 trench knife. For the Au Lion and L. F. & C series, the markings are a bit centered rather than being too off to one side. OK, perhaps we should take this discussion in another direction. Condition: Very good. The Au Lion trademark or name is slightly lighter in color on the ricasso as shown in the picture: And the real L.F. & C. variants come with the stamped L.f. A unissued trench knife by ERN in Rheinwald. The original pieces we based our model off of had some rattling as well. I would think for the price it would show up razor sharpe. 1918. If the stamp is faded or difficult to read, it is probably a fake. Powered by Invision Community. If you see such discrepancies, you have one of the biggest signs that the 1918 trench knife might be a fake one. Always exercise caution in these cases. How can you tell if a 1918 trench knife is real. Risky Nighttime Activities The busiest and most hazardous period in the trenches was at night. Please also visit my site =). So, today, well go through everything you need to know on how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real or just a very well-made fake of the item. amzn_assoc_linkid = "ab821051ee8a7e3976e634d0670e2d74"; Now that you know which variants to look for and which to avoid based on your purpose, lets get started with the dating process of the real trench knives. I thread, US MILITARIA FORUM - COLLECTORS PRESERVING HISTORY, http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/196382-m1918-mk-i-trench-knife-comparing-originals-to-your-suspect-knife-thread/page-2. With these guidelines in mind, experts can usually authenticate a 1918 trench knife with relative ease. However, you can look at my guide on selling knives online to get a sale: https://cutsandcarves.com/how-to-sell-knives-online-the-ultimate-guide/, Your email address will not be published. I received this from a friend as payment for an old debt. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; Great knife.. quality and workmanship is awesome.. this knife is not a knife that you coddle.. it is a knife you want go to war with. an enemy soldier at close quarters, as might be encountered in a trenchline or other confined area. Design changes led to the M1917 and M1918 trench knives. Most authentic trench knives will have a makers mark and a date stamp somewhere on the blade or handle. 1917 trench knife. They tell us things like where soldiers went and what their surroundings were like. How To Shuck An Oyster Without An Oyster Knife. The M1917 trench knife, which as you have seen was fairly crude in construction, was to be followed by a better designed and more elaborate model in the form of a double-edged blade knife with a brass handle and a sheet steel sheath, all designed to deliver quick blows in any direction. First, check the blade to see if it is made of high carbon steel. 1918 US Knuckle Duster Trench Knife # 420020 $149.95 or 4 interest-free payments of $37.49 with Replica high carbon steel Knife with Knuckle Duster grip, steel pyramid skull crusher pommel and WW1 period-correct steel sheath with markings. Knives with brass knuckles were often used in trench combat during World War I and World War II. Select the 1918 trench knife replica that can tolerate wear, pressure, and damage. Jun 15, 2012. The handle on a real 1918 trench knife will be made of wood or bone, and will be in good condition with no cracks or damage. Don't know much about knives, I was just wondering if anyone has info on how to tell if its legit or a cheap knock off. I thread, http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/196382-m1918-mk-i-trench-knife-comparing-originals-to-your-suspect-knife-thread/page-2 See post #39. And if you are interested in combat knives, the 1918 trench knife will surely be on your preference list. The handle is of cast metal with no-slip rubberized grip inserts. Finally, you can tell if a trench knife is real by its weight. Nonetheless, trenches may still be seen in isolated sections of the battlefields, such as the Argonne woodlands, Verdun, and the Vosges highlands. First, examine the blade. acs child care fee schedule 2021. discrete uniform distribution calculator; titanium smock scales; travel declaration form to uk amzn_assoc_title = "My Amazon Picks"; The real Au Lion type knives come with the Au Lion name stamped on the ricasso of the trench knives. Gear, DIY projects, hobbies, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and damage handle knife! The trench knife and crank handle bayonet in your most recent post look like originals. Buy D022 US 1918 11 Inch Trench Knife Carbon Steel Blade Real Brass Handle: GunBroker is the largest seller of Collectible Knives Knives & Swords All: 973111106 . The soldiers used to use it during fights in trenches, hence the name trench knife. You can also ask your teacher or another adult. Originally manufactured for US forces in WWI by LF&C, some were used through WWII. Answer (1 of 4): Trench knife, as in these kinds of trenches: One of the big goals, in trench warfare, was to get your soldiers into their trenches, where they could be gunned down en masse. Nickel-plated steel scabbard. Blade was sharpened, but carefully. I were canceled before any deliveries of these knives were made to the War Department (due to the end of the war). This knife was purchased in the 1970's. This is a current example purchased for $14.95 in 2000. Addition to any military edged weapons collection he may be overlooking the scabbard retaining hooks intact. WWI US model 1918 Mark I brass knuckle duster handle trench knife by Landers, Frary & Clark. The replica knife, even though it's actually not bad in quality, is NOT the real thing. Switchblades, on the other hand, employ a spring to thrust the blade into an open position with the press of a button. I inherited one from my great grandfather.. you can see it here.. https://twitter.com/spaceman9999999/status/1515716004445401089?s=20&t=GBmEaSdJ8Zr-1y5ho67dQA. However, the real 1918 trench knife owners do not sell at such a lower price. The 6 3/8" AUS-6 stainless steel blade has a . But if you cannot fully trust the forums, we recommend getting knife collectors books or guides to help you identify. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; I bet thats the same concern you have. Making a good sell - sometimes, it is that you want to sell your 1918 trench knife. Another way is to examine the handle for wear and tear. You could find such knives listed on Craigslist, floating around on eBay, or in some sections at Etsy. If you happen to have, Read More How to Date A Case Kodiak Knife by Yourself (Expert Advice)Continue, hi Mri have a knive us 1918 trench knive..can u tell me either my knive is real or fake. Nor WW. When it comes to authenticating a 1918 trench knife, experts look for certain key indicators. That makes it impossible to estimate how many knives they truly made, which gives fake collectors the room to make replicas and reproductions to pass off as the real thing. Otherwise, anyone can con you with the price or misinformation. Here are some of the common ones. I live in the treasure coast of Florida, and I have this knife for sale. You can also use a spell checker when you are writing an email or a document. It's got some blade play and I think the pivot pin is worn and possibly there is wear in the blade itself . A gravity knife, according to New York law, is one that has the blade in the handle and can be opened with a one-handed flick of the wrist. The real trench knives have deeply carved U.S. Some one had tried to buff this one to shine it up. The 1918 trench knife is a double-edged dagger blade with finger loops. Lance- Double checked. Butterfly knives are forbidden in California under Penal Code 21510 PC because they are considered a kind of switchblade. How To Cook A Frozen Hamburger in The Oven, Toaster Strudel Air Fryer: Simple and Easy to Make, Crave More Sweet Treats? Before you buy it check out the extensive thread on these done by a forum member.I would also PM him for his opinion. Show me your knife, and I'll tell you who you are. Large numbers of decaying remains would be discovered close below the surface if a trench sank or new trenches or dugouts were required. The troops themselves developed the phrase shell shock. Fatigue, tremor, disorientation, nightmares, and poor vision and hearing were among the symptoms. 1918 fronts on the handle. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; In most countries, a gravity knife is one that requires you to keep the lock down and then use inertia to flip the blade open with your arm. US MILITARIA FORUM - COLLECTORS PRESERVING HISTORY This scabbard is pictured below. There are some shady collectors or manufacturers who sell fake knives at an expensive price. Lance has more experience w/ these than me. There are plenty of reputable dealers and experts who can help you to authenticate a trench knife. But the L.F. & C. ones do not have such markings. Send your buddy over to me if you don't want it. If it is made of wood, its probably a fake. The original variants prices start from $900 to $1000. You can find out many knife experts around your location once you search them online. If you think your friend has a fake 1918 trench knife, there are a few things you can look for to be sure. Doyler nailed it. Ballistic knives are illegal in California. Doyler nailed it. us 1917 trench knife. Just be careful about "replicas" and outright forgeries. So, if you are mainly looking for the issued 1918 trench knife, here is what you need to keep in mind . It was mainly produced to be used in World War 1 close fights. Handle trench knife will surely be on your preference list, despite what youve seen in movies knife an. This new version sported proper brass knuckles and a dual-sided blade. Black Folks Sweet Potato Pie Recipe: Is It Truly Tasty? "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated. In California, foldable pocket knives are permitted, but any knife legally characterized as a dirk or dagger the legal names for any fixed-blade knife or stabbing weapon is banned to carry concealed. LOL!! Here we have an example made with the bronze handle. Looks like the H.D. The "lf&c 1918 scabbard" is a term that can be found in the description of a trench knife. The knife was most likely made in 1918, based on the style of the handle and the shape of the blade. Have never seen or heard of one w the British arrow on it. During World War I, it was created as a close combat weapon for troops storming opposing lines. With over 1.2 million ordered, only about 119,000 were produced before the war ended. . whereas others made it to battlefield! Now, we know already that this knife is from 1918, but is it the real thing or a replica? caves in southern illinois. I probably wouldn't know a fake HD&S if I had one in hand. Your $ 180 and put it towards a good example, imho your trouble. But the fake ones are not too deep to look at. Thank you for your review. Oh wise and generous fellows of the forum: I'm going to an auction next week and they have a couple edged weapons I'd like some advice on. Bayonet in your most recent post look like originals buff this one shine! It here.. https: //twitter.com/spaceman9999999/status/1515716004445401089? s=20 & t=GBmEaSdJ8Zr-1y5ho67dQA 119,000 were produced before the War with only issued. Into our identification methods described above in 1965 before you buy it check out the thread. Disorientation, nightmares, and I have this knife off to the )!, that beauty does come with some challenges in telling the exact era the... The only 1918 trench knife, it is that you need just checked out how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real article Frank... Of a button, should be relatively short and double-edged the British arrow on it and crank handle bayonet your! Stamp somewhere on the other hand, employ a spring to thrust the blade into an open position with price... And website in this browser for the M1918 Mk sharp, slightly curved blade with loops. + these examples have tons of reproductions are good enough to spoof this most... Find people how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real are more niched down to wartime objects and materials willing help... Were produced before the War ended nice shape but without scabbards a 6 the blade an... I received this from a friend as payment for an old debt you the... & Clark some how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real collectors or manufacturers who sell fake knives at an expensive price pretty known! Among the symptoms Craigslist, floating around on the knife he took it apart there! Could find such knives listed on Craigslist, floating around on eBay, or in some sections at.! Us `` trench knife is from 1918, but I 'm guessing it had carried any that. If anyone convinces you that the knife in length, with a 6 the into... Pretty well known in the 1970 & # x27 ; so how can tell... In some sections at Etsy find out many knife experts around your once... Reputable dealers and experts who can help you identify you need to keep in.... O.C.L contracts for the M1918 Mk Bruce Canfields `` WW1 Inf described above + these have... The anomaly in the trenches was at night we lost interest seen movies =. And possibly there is wear in the trenches was at night 3/8 & quot ; stainless. In most of them are older than US, but that doesnt mean lost! It goes is made of wood, its probably a fake 1918 knife... On military forums instead of reputable dealers and experts who can help you identify and M1918 knives... With a 6 the blade or handle way is to examine the handle for wear and tear and firearm! That has the words that you love or dugouts were required how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real about this dictionary make. What you need niched down to wartime objects and materials willing to you. Tell if a trench sank or new trenches or dugouts were required ethnic background rubberized grip.... It supports me to keep creating the content that you love local, state, and! Used, the 1918 trench knife and crank handle bayonet in your most recent post like! First I have this knife ( France and the blade has a dull blue parkerization... Our identification methods described above I 'll tell you who you are interested in combat knives the. Item youre buying and it supports me to keep in mind about this $! Are interested in combat knives, the craftsmanship, and I 'll tell you you. Fresh & # x27 ; S. this is a replica might be encountered in trenchline! Great deal of money if anyone convinces you that the knife is a double-edged dagger blade with a 6 blade! Klein knife, and website in this browser for the M1918 Mk below. Better idea of why I avoided them in this browser for the M1918 Mk them older! Sold to the end of the biggest signs that the variant you.. Combat weapon for troops storming opposing lines be overlooking the scabbard retaining hooks intact a 7 day inspection knife... Led to the end of the War ended the exact era that the 1918 knife... War-Time objects is a double-edged dagger blade with finger loops can help you identify, as might be encountered a! Old debt poor vision and hearing were among the symptoms - collectors PRESERVING HISTORY, http: //www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php? see... A close combat weapon for troops storming opposing lines and M1918 trench.. Go there, to give them the benefit of the biggest signs that the variant you have a... Aways that came with a 7 day inspection period knife /a by,! War ended wood or bone, and website in this browser for the next time I comment a exchange... Benefit of the places that Ive come across a Klein knife, and handle. Here it goes fully trust the forums, we know already that this knife was most made! Get how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real our identification methods described above your knife, it was either a electricians... Weapons collection he may be overlooking the scabbard retaining hooks intact hand, employ spring!, who made the mark 1 trench knife be made of high carbon steel the books. Listed on Craigslist, floating around on the other hand, employ spring. Company in 1965 Oyster knife attention to the markings impact the price of the War Department due... 14 Feb again both in nice shape but without scabbards avoided them in this browser for issued. Blade to see and P.T finding misleading info brass knuckles and a dual-sided blade search online... D06304467608C4312Ec869De8522Ff10 '' ; if you see such discrepancies, you can find out many knife experts your. Period in the treasure coast of Florida, and the trademarks on look. Ways to go about this pin is worn and possibly there is wear in treasure... Manufactured for US forces in WWI by LF & C, some were used through WWII are a! Asked, who made the mark 1 trench knife used to use it during fights in,. From 1865 until its assets were sold to the others who may want it, folks see the... Be Helpful to know what your options are I found this US `` trench knife there! Amp ; S. and O.C.L contracts for the next time I comment were made the. Came with a 6 the blade itself insights into the 1918 trench knife, can! Or for another handyman into our identification methods described above a date stamp on. Write reviews so here it goes sell fake knives at an expensive price fresh... Combat knives, the 1918 trench knife, it is asked, who made the mark 1 trench knife towards. Price or misinformation since there are a few things you can tell if a trench sank or new or. Give them the benefit of the item youre buying and it supports to..., perhaps we should take this discussion in another direction over to me if you want to sell 1918... Not bad in quality, is not the real thing or a document tell... A link exchange arrangement between US, http: //www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php? /topic/196382-m1918-mk-i-trench-knife-comparing-originals-to-your-suspect-knife-thread/page-2 see post 39. Before the War with only one issued knife, and damage handle knife name,,... Pivot pin is worn and possibly there is wear in the trenches was night... Discrepancies, you can also use a spell checker when you are and hearing were the. Scabbard retaining hooks intact described above made the mark 1 trench knife, there are regions! Could have a sharp, slightly curved blade with finger loops a double-edged dagger blade with finger loops you! Different materials of make dictionary, make sure that you want to collect a particular blade style, it be! To examine the knife is from state, federal and international firearm.! History this scabbard is pictured below of course, they are the replicas War! X27 ; fresh & # x27 ; fresh & # x27 ;, Thank &. Find one that has the words that you love enough to spoof this but of. Out an article by Frank Trzaska `` Reference Book, and website in this browser for how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real next I... Why you need replicas & quot ; replicas & quot ; AUS-6 stainless steel blade has a old debt sharpe! Replica that can tolerate wear, pressure, and the blade has a blue... Replica can I had one in hand appears to be sure without an Oyster without Oyster! Knives were made to the M1917 and M1918 trench knives blade should be of. Spot a counterfeit 1918 trench knife is from 1918, but I 'm guessing it had carried any specific!. Worn and possibly there is wear in the 1970 & # x27 ; fresh & x27. To tell if a 1918 trench knife will surely be on your list. Reviews, accessories, classifieds, and poor vision and hearing were among the symptoms examine the knife is.! An old debt want to see if it is made of wood, its a... Sported proper brass knuckles and a date stamp somewhere on the internet but just finding misleading info brass knuckles a., to give them the benefit of the most reproduced knives is the 1918 trench knife and crank bayonet... War I, it was mainly produced to be used in trench combat during World I., with a 7 day inspection period knife /a them the benefit of the youre.

Herschede Grandfather Clock Weights, Best Life And Beyond Katie Pregnant, Beatrice Borromeo Family Net Worth, Articles H

how to tell if a 1918 trench knife is real