how to fix saucy walker doll eyes

sewing (257) XIX, No. Items in the Price Guide are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members research needs. Those teeth were very interesting. Join me today as I show you my restore of a vintage 1950s Saucy Walker doll. Congrats, Joy, on your new additionshes just adorable! Christmas (256) It is interesting to see how the eyes were put in her headthey are actually kind of temperamental and sensitive to how she is moved Bunny in my Pocket is NOW listed on Ebay! We went to a parking lot antique sale a few days ago. 1954 Reliable Suzie Walker doll, 15" tall, all hard plastic, jointed hips shoulders and neck, brown sleep eyes, plastic lashes, painted lower lashes, blond wig in braids with bangs, open-closed mouth showing two teeth, doll marked on back: Reliable MADE IN CANADA. We toured the factory with our Brownie Troop and that tray of realistic eyes, the assembly line of eyeless doll heads and another of headless dolls was too much for some of our little Brownies. In this set you will receive four (4) large bands used for re-stringing her arms; four (4) small bands and four (4) metal S-hooks for attaching the head. I have a babydoll that was my mothers. Little Darlings (96) The shoes on yours do look original, but I dont believe the dress is. The link I added up under Angelas comments, gives the link to the site I found, with all kinds of information on fixing these dolls Im sure Ill be using it a lot! Interesting what you find when you peek inside dolls bodies. She told me she was too big for me. George knows when to stop . I am sure that you will figure out how to get it back on. The arms should not hang down loosely, nor be so tight that they are difficult to move. Thank you! Her flirty eyes work work well and she has full eyelashes that look like real hair. She has a large crack near her shoulder which will need to be glued and clamped. . Ive been reading everyday, Jeanne..the losses (your mom), the projects, the happys and sads of your life and am right there with you in spirit. Whenever possible, buy eyes that are sold as two separate pieces rather than a single unit, since this will let you adjust the distance between the eyes. I did find this http://saucywalkercorner.com/CUSTOMERS/NANCY-SCH/A-HOSPITAL-NANCY-SCH.htm which talks a bit about her eyes. Effner (289) So good to hear from you today! I am anxious to see what you will do with her. Mollys pink dress and coral coat set SOLD! And she is cleaning up beautifully. First offabsolutely love your blog. You will receive 8 latex bands for attaching the head; I use two for each doll, so you will have enough for repairing four dolls. She is still a very cute old doll. She is actually in remarkably nice condition her lips are still nice and not scratched, she has the blushing on her hands and her wig actually isnt too bad. In the E-mail about a doll repair you should attach pictures of the doll and if possible close-ups of the damaged areas. Doll Stands & Accessories Doll Repair Parts, Doll Repair Supplies, Doll Wigs and Doll Eyes Porcelain doll repair parts, supplies and doll wigs for modern and antique dolls. Included are step-by-step instructions on repairing Saucy's sunken eyes, attaching her head, repairing the walking mechanism, attaching/replacing the arms, replacing her wig and cleaning her. just something to do in my free time, HA! American Girl (503) I found a site that shows the mechanism for her eyes. XXVI, No. She has her original shoes and Im guessing original socks, but her dress and sweater are probably from some other doll. Click on "more ads by this user" link to see other items I am selling martiscollection VINTAGE 22" SAUCY WALKER TYPE DOLL~HARD PLASTIC ~FLIRTY MOVING EYES~NEEDS TLC. This was originally published by a large doll hospital and includes detailed diagrams for repairing vintage walking dolls. Click below to begin your paid subscription. Wow! Included are step-by-step instructions on repairing Saucy's sunken eyes, attaching her head, repairing the walking mechanism, attaching/replacing the arms, replacing her wig and cleaning her. Yes, the speaker holes were for dolls that said Mama or just cried. vintage ideal saucy walker doll 22" tall. Then he said, he couldnt tell anything unless he could see inside the headso I proceeded to show him, (like they did in the picture, how you can pull the head away from the body and look inside her head. Oh how nice! I am sorry to say that I just dont care for old dolls!! HI Linda, Thanks so much, I think she just needs some good love. To replace the eyes, you must remove the doll's head. $30.95 . Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1950s American IDEAL doll Saucy walker like Pedigree Saucy walker TLC at the best online prices at eBay! I found a little info here: https://dollreference.com/ideal_toy_dolls1950s.html if you scroll about 1/3 down, you will see a paragraph and two pictures. Our Silver Maple has been dropping helicopters for the past few days now, and what a mess! And by this we mean, quite simply, that each person must learn for himself. 18" (93) Cant wait to see her all fixed up! Joy, your Aya is so cute. Thank you Beth, My doll can wear girls size 2/3 toddler items. ! :o) Im sure she will be fixed up in no time, and will get a new Jeanne Marie outfit soon! All the dolls pictured today are so cute and in nice shape. Thanks Carolyn for sending pictures of your Saucy Walkersthey are so cute! I posted the link I was talking about up in Angelas comments above that shows all about how the eyes work I just want to be careful not to pop her head off I wish we lived closer together we could work side by side (well, I guess not NOW.) It CANT be May 1st 6tmorrowIm not ready for a new month }(jQuery));
HI Paula, This will help prevent the doll parts from slipping as you are working and prevent breakage. She is growing on mewhen I first saw her, I thoughtoh well, shes a doll, but now Im seeing her in a cuter way! I loved your line, Ive had these dolls longer than Ive had some friends! I didnt know anything about them, but it will be fun to learn. You have more faith than we do on this one. Im so glad you two found each other. They came in hard plastic, vinyl, and blow molded plastic and came in a whole range of sizes from 16" to Patti Play Pal size. Good wig, good color. Too bad you didnt have the camera going when the head popped off! BRAND NEW Welcome To Kaya's World 1764 HARDCOVER Book American Girl AG O, Barbie Becky Share A Smile - Special Editon Doll (1996) Nrfb/new, Vintage Sterling Silver Peru Bracelet 18k Gold Inca Animals Jade Eyes 12, Monster High Doll Venus McFlytrap And Robecca Steam New 2, 15" Turquoise Blue Rhinestone Necklace Beautiful, Vintage Strawberry Shortcake Doll *LOT* 3 Dolls + Accessories. I really need to behave myself the other day I had a week moment and bought a Joyce Mathews BJD Little Darling. I was working on my something wonderful for my sewing room I found at the Antique Store parking lot sale last week, and thinking all the while about my new/old doll I had just brought home. Her hair is a glued on blonde or brunette saran wig. Im so loving on Joys Aya, shes so cute! I had one of these as a very young child. My Sally might have taken a while to tug at my heart but shes so sweet and loves all the attention. blue (299) Molly is upset but some new little girl is watching for the mailman to bring her new dress and coat set! Ingrid. WowIve gotten quite a few emails from ladies who have this doll, or had her when they were younger. Blessings, Jeanne. The doll is over 75 years old. I hope it helps you with your doll too. Now, I did get old dolls, but when they were new! :o), We havent heard anything about anything opening up hereeven on a small part time basis its a good thing I cut Georges hair! I dont have this particular one, but I have a few big dollsthey just ask to come home. black (102) The legs, which were mounted on a metal axle, would then swing independently as the doll "walked," one leg after the other. We even cut girls from the catalogs and taped the our closet doorthen we cut out the other things we could find in the catalog to use for accessories When we got our Skipper dolls we still used the catalog finds with them. She has all her original everything. Saucy Walkers almost always have something going on with their eyes so if you can fix them you are doing great! They are also very typical of what many Ideal dolls wore in that era. Toys, Dolls, Games & Puzzles 1952 Ideal 22" SAUCY WALKER Has RED Braids FLIRTY Eyes! So, that dates my doll to about 1952 or 53 I would guess. They came in hard plastic, vinyl, and blow molded plastic and came in a whole range of sizes from 16" to Patti Play Pal size. I have several, vintage doll dress patterns, so I am looking forward to making her a sweet, 1950s era dress, and maybe a matching bonnet. :o) Time Period Manufactured . I would never have the skill you, Jeanne and George have to get it done. This beautiful doll featured today is for sale on eBay, under my seller name exquisite_indulgences. . A hair salon operator in Dallas opened her salon using social distancing and hygiene precautions, received a citation, ripped it up in front of a protest crowd. Doll Eye Color: Blue. Atlanta, Georgia 30328 | 877.481.5750, Pretty 17 inch saucy walker doll by Ideal. The old dolls are so much fun to fix up and bring back to good condition. I bet you can find some really cute clothes for her if shes real little girl size! The link I posted up in Angelas comments will be of great use to me, Im sure! If you would like to be added to my mailing list, please send me your email address below. The Meccano Magazine, Vol. Self-teaching, therefore, is education . Carolyns dolls are so cutelove the 50s green/gold dress. VTG 1950s IDEAL SAUCY WALKER 22" GIRL DOLL w RED DRESS & SHOES, BLUE EYES. This was a surprise! Carolyns dolls are really cute. So interesting to see how they made dolls back in the old days. Thats how I figured out just how popular Samantha was. I didnt read it thoroughly though. Thanks Joy, Little Darlings (96) Avoid getting water in the doll's eyes or on the hair. before I paint them! Jeanne, I can already see the difference the cleaning made for your doll. Thank you! She has her original shoes and I'm guessing original socks, but her dress and sweater are probably from some other doll. Blessings, Jeanne. Hello Everyone! Remove the standard swivel-type head by gently pulling the head to one side and disconnecting the rubber tie that is fastened to a metal S-hook in the neck plug. 10, October 1933, The Meccano Magazine, No. XVI, No. Those areas should only be airbrushed. A relative must have given her to me, but I cant remember who it was. We can show you how to easily fix them! Dress (979) I hope we can get the eyes in place and they STAY that way. Her dolls eyes look good. 10, October 1924, 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900. 9, September 1923, 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900. Notice the difference in hair color in the two versions. Once when my hubby had her eyes set perfectly, I said maybe we should just stuff her head full of batting and hold them in placebut then they wouldnt be flirtyguess not (No longer do we make an IDEAL Saucy Walker 22" "Display Ready" with doll stand and her clothing on, nor do we offer web pages of the doll's restoration) Send her to us without clothing. The minute you took them off, they were all stretched out and you could never get them looking good again! I hope to check out as many of them as I can and make a decision of how best to tackle her issues. Awww, what a sweet example of Saucy Walker! $10. friends (185) 14.5" (90) Her body is in good condition. Her socks, gosh darn, those doll socks from long ago! 18" (93) Mine had blond hair. In these situations, you will need to fully repaint both eyes. marks on her body and face, wears on her eyes, wears on her hair (some burn on her hair), does not work. Its great you got her to sit down again (they are supposed to be able to sit). No, Im not necessarily getting into the doll selling business, but I do have a few more to list I will say that Carolyns little doll is very cute, and reminds me of my Betsy Wetsy, but of course, she had no hair like that. SCHLAFAUGEN. However, I do remember when I had to give her away at about the same age. Offering the Largest Selection of Vintage and Original. Ideal Saucy Walker Doll Caucasian Dolls & Doll Playsets, Ideal Saucy Walker Hard Plastic Dolls & Doll Playsets, Your new family member definitely does need a spa day and some new wearing attire. We are having a beautiful day today and I havent been outside once!! You must be happy. See whats new for Lians Bunny in my Pocket dress set! These parts can be purchased from a doll repair supply company. And Joys Anya is just plain adorable! Vintage 1950's IDEAL DOLL SAUCY WALKER DOLL BABY DOLL 22" Flirty Sleep Eyes $79.99 Free shipping or Best Offer 12 watching 1950's Vintage Ideal Saucy Walker Doll 22" Tall Original Box Original Shoes $139.99 $27.50 shipping SUPER IDEAL SAUCY WALKER 28 INCH PLAYPAL DOLL $359.00 $75.11 shipping Vintage Ideal Walker Doll 22" Saucy Walker $105.00 Reattach the head making sure it has enough tension to sit in the neck socket straight, but not too tight, as the head should move from side to side when the doll walks. I had to laugh as I was reading a little bit more about the eyes and eyelashes on this same website as I listed above She said, If you are short tempered, this project is not for you!. They are large enough to sew for, youll think you are sewing for a little girl! The section of the Eye Alignment help was the one I read but I see there are lots more I NEED to read. Soon Magalie will be emailing me and Ill have another BJD on the way. Heres a close up if youd like to see those lovely eyes again. My girl has flirty eyesI just like the sound of that! I can barely touch the eye mechanism and her eyes will go back into place but they won't stay. The only problem is that I can't find any information about how the mechanism works or how I can get to it. Yeah, Mollys dress and coat sold! Older dolls just dont appeal to me, since they kind of creep me out! 22 IDEAL SAUCY WALKER DOLL, FLIRTY BLUE EYES, BRAIDS 1950's Doll, 22 Ideal Saucy Walker Doll Vintage Flirty Eyes, 1950s Saucy Walker Doll W Flirty Eyes Ideal Doll 22", 22" Strawberry Blonde Saucy Walker Doll Flirty Blue Eyes. Place the arms and rubber tie aside. Ill be careful with her and see what I can do to help her out. Addy (145) Get the best deals on Ideal Saucy Walker Girl Doll Dolls & Doll Playsets when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. I guess it is just me, but I love the current dolls a lot more. Your story reminds me of 2 doll stories. FREE shipping Add to Favorites RARE Vintage 50s Sewing Patterns - Simplicity - Doll Size 11 1/2 and 17 Inch - Cut . Doll Making & Repair > Saucy Walker Doll Repair Instructions from Vintage Midcentury Trade School Loading. He does 25% occupancy right now, takes reservations, uses table distancing, disposable menus and other precautions concerning staff. She has all her fingers and toes. So curious about the something wonderful in your sewing room? They practiced social distancing and everyone went around the store one way There was lots to look at and I did find something wonderfulbut will have to share it another time. Thanks Barbara, Hopefully, she wont remain headless for long. and 24 inch walking doll that have similar faces- the dreamy blue eyes and red painted lips. Would have loved to have seen that, but your description is great! Remove the screw and pull out the axle; the two legs should drop free of the axle. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for VTG 1950s GIRL DOLL PARTS; HEADS LEGS TORSOS HANDS FOR REPAIR IDEAL SAUCY WALKER at the best online prices at eBay! Cant wait to see that. Did the eyes fall out of your antique doll? Articles, Is Space Still the Place? Having fun while you work is even better. Vintage Pedigree Walker Doll c.1950s (Pair) 39. Easter (115) Someones girl is going to be happy to get that!! blog (84) Your girls are really cute and I love the expression on the first oneits so sweet looking! Arms are out of sockets and does 234878445857. Do they move if you jiggle her a bit? Marked Ideal, If this item contains incorrect or inappropriate information please, Relevant Easter (115) 1950's Saucy Walker doll 22". It is best to get the closest match you can. Dianna (115) I was never as fond of her as my mother had hoped. Playpal Doll Ideal Saucy Walker 32" Original Outfit,Shoes,No Cracks. Repairing a Saucy Walker, or any other walking doll, looks complicated but is simple once you understand how the mechanism works. However, it is staying there, because we would have no other tree providing shade to the west, and its too late now to start another tree. Felicity (101) I decided to look up that link I had just glanced at and see if I could figure out how to fix her eyes. She is a full 10 taller than my doll! Not the kind of wig you brush and play with either! That website definitely is a place Ill be visiting quite often until I get my doll in shape. When these surfaces are clean, the scratches are not as noticeable. Est fabricada en plstico duro en dos medidas: 40 y 55 centmetros. Shiny eyes, no scratches or rubs on her face. Since eyes attach from the back of the sockets, you have a small amount of wiggle room when it comes to buying eyes that are a precise match in shape and size. Shes in excellent shape because my mom was 12 when she got her and never really played with her. Im not sure what Im going to do with her just yet I guess it depends on how much time it takes me to fix her up to my liking. Items in the Price Guide are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members research needs. Start a new career as a doll doctor or just repair yours! Eyes, hair, cleaning, etc I hope to make her as pretty as she can be! I am going to do it and NOT give her away. 22" Flirty Eyed Saucy Walker Doll By Ideal - Vgc! Change these before reassembling the doll. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. We Miscreant (Champagne/GOLD) EXCELLENT CONDITION. ZWEI ZHNE. HI Joy, . I love reading and seeing most anything being restored or resurrected and will follow your story with Miss SW as you have time and energy to make her into the doll she was meant to be. The only problem is that I can't find any . Included are step-by-step instructions on how to make basic repairs to your beloved doll(s). The doll is marked on her back: Ideal Doll W16 or Ideal Doll W22 based on the dolls height. dresses (296) Doll Sleep Moving Eyes 15mm Brown Vinyl Doll Eyes . Its okay not to like the old ones American (359) Wow! I recently found a Saucy Walker just like yours at Goodwill, only mine is in a little worse shape than yours! I have been repairing Saucy Walker dolls for many years and am now sharing my techniques with you. Walking Wanda was manufactured by the Advance Doll & Toy Co. circa 1951. I enjoy projects like that. Anyone on here have one? Colonial (75) Included are 40 pages of instructions and detailed diagrams taken directly from the . They are both composition material as well. Her head and arms are a bit loose. blue (299) 2, February 1934, Patricia Smith's Doll Values Antique To Modern Fifth Series, The World Of Raggedy Ann Collectibles Identification & Values, The Meccano Magazine, Vol. (yes, I have a degree in Doll Technology). Containers may vary. Consider repainting the doll's entire face to make it visually consistent. ), Well, it happened so quickly and we both jumped. Blessings, Jeanne, Thank you Becky, Browse Similar. Some Vintage Toys Have Stellar Value. Add to Favorites Horseman 36 Playpal Play Pal Doll Ad vertisement by . Kind of like the bigger Himstedt dolls, right? $500.00 + $86.86 shipping. Yay!! I love the American Girl dolls, since they look so happy and more realistic than say, the kind I had when I was small. Ill keep you posted Look carefully at what remains of the eye paint and choose a paint or ink that will make for a good match. PEDIGREE 21" PRETTY PEEPERS WALKER BENT KNEE EYE CHANGE DOLL Pedigree Hard Plastic . That must be lots of fun shopping for her. sleepy eye doll repair vintage doll adventure 94 subscribers Subscribe 111 Share 16K views 7 years ago did your dolls eyes break? An invaluable tool for anyone . Ribbon and socks for your Penny or Saucy Walker Playpal Doll 32" tall Ad vertisement by NitzaDesigns. Love to take these poor dirty homeless dolls and give them a second chance. Pretty 17 inch saucy walker doll by Ideal. Her face is very nice with rosy cheeks, red lips and little pearly white teeth. However, I did come home with a doll Ive never seen before. Ideal Saucy Walker dolls, orginal boxes, original outfits Ideal Vintage dolls - Thumbelina, Toddler Little Sister Thumbelina, Betsy Wetsy . Its wonderful that folks still have their Saucy Walkers. Shell get some kind of fixer upper session from me probably more than one session! Replace the voice box if needed. Thanks Linda, Included are step-by-step instructions on how to make basic repairs to your beloved doll(s).In this k Some outfits for the Wanda dolls were designed by famous designers. There is also a list of supplies needed. $9.95 SHIPPING ANY SIZE ORDER IN THE U.S. 9, September 1933, Collectors Guide To Barbie Doll Paper Dolls Identification & Values, Schroeders Collectible Toys Antique To Modern Price Guide 9th Edition, Everett Grists Machine-Made And Contemporary Marbles 2nd Edition, The Meccano Magazine, Vol. Doreen, Arkansas, Thank you so much for your very kind words, Doreen! Im so glad to have inspired you to do more sewing and loving on your dolls! You are so very thoughtful and kind! The rubber tie is strung on an S-hook that is attached to the end of each arm. For doll eyes painted in all black, you can often fix tiny bare patches with nothing more than a fine-tipped permanent marker. white (207), Copyright 2023 I Dream of Jeanne Marie | Powered by Astra WordPress Theme. Thanks Linda, Her walking mechanism runs clear into her head if I remember right so you will need to peel back her wig to get to it. Check the rubber ties, the neck plug that holds the S-hook for the head, and the S-hooks on the arms for any damage. Thank you Kathie, Your credit card or PayPal account will be charged. Molly (117) The rubber tie is strung on an S-hook that is attached to the end of each arm. She is 18 inches tall and unmarked. The "Saucy Walker" doll made by the Ideal Novelty & Toy Co. is one of many walker-type dolls produced in the late 1940s and early 1950s that relied on a vertical rod as the main part of the walking mechanism 1. fabric (154) don't know what to do? 23, March-April 1922, 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900. and this one is 12 tall 12 of sweetness! Thanks Julia, a little open red mouth with 2 white teeth. Her head in a bit loose, but she can still sit and stand pretty well. hat (93) It will be interesting to see if you can restore the eyes. They are fun to play with, arent they? 3, March 1941, The Meccano Magazine, Vol. I believe this doll has flirty eyes that go back and forth at a side glance. HI Carolyn, Where I get my hair done there is usually just me and my hairdresser in a huge room. One of the restaurants in a village between here and Houston has already opened up. Jul 11, 2017 - Explore Michele Tibbetts's board "doll---Saucy Walker", followed by 1,406 people on Pinterest. sewing (257) The 32" doll is the primary patient in this posting. The exquisitely detailed step-by-step directions make it possible for collectors, dealers, even those who own just one or two treasured dolls, to make necessary repairs without reducing value. I will most definitely be posting when I do something to the new doll. 8.32 . So there are parts of her that I remember. VIII, No. Its nice to have you commenting today and please do so again. Here is the link if anyone else is interested in it, It has all kinds of information on eyes to wigs and cracks in the bodies, Next I made spaghetti for my hubby he loves spaghetti A LOT!! But I didnt know all the fixing up stuff that I know now. Hugs It forced us to be creative I tugged just a little bit, pulling her head up from her neck, but I guess that 60 or 70 year old super thick rubber band inside her head just snapped and her head flew off like a cannonball. Oh my I just couldnt stop myself. vintage (82) Her head moves with her legs as it should. in health-care law and a M.Ed. Sponsored. XXVI, No. Open the doll body by splitting it at the seams with a small hacksaw or very sharp craft knife. Blessings, Jeanne. Im like you, it doesnt take much to make me excited these days I find its the simple things that I love the most You too! Little did we know what would happen years later!! Dolls were not terribly forthcoming in our home, probably because of the cost. Im sorry I gave away one of my dolls that I got for Christmas when I was 5. Rebecca (101) XXVII, No. Her exterior is all hard plastic. I dont like the pinched mouths and faded facepaint, crazy hair and ragged clothes they usually are in. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. We could afford those and I had a bunch. She was a Christmas present some time in the mid 1960s. Cant wait to see how she comes out once youve done a little clean-up and work on her!! Blessings, Jeanne, Oh goodie a fixer! #K808 VTG Pretty 1950'S DOLL Original Outfit 22" w/ Flirty eyes 1950's Repair INSTRUCTIONS 1950's POSIE doll Repair INSTRUCTIONS 1950's Ideal POSIE doll Wrist hang TAG SUMMER BREEZE SUNDRESS FOR 23" Vtg 1950s Pattern ~ 16" 17" Saucy Walker Doll Clothes Sunsuit Party Dress Coat Toddler . 1)EYE REPAIR AND PREVENTATIVE EYE PLATFORMS INSTALLEDAnd Possibly Plastic Parts Repair and/or Walking Mechanism Repaired. She was mostly a decoration. You are fortunate her face paint is still so nice, and her wig is pretty nice, also!! I am looking forward to seeing the something wonderful thing that you found. dresses (296) $80.00 + $45.00 shipping. EXCEART 100pcs Doll Eyeball Plastic Scary Eyes Oval Flat Eyeball for DIY Animal Stuffed Toys Sewing Craft Puppet Bear Doll Making 12x16MM Mixed Color 4.2 (35) $1499 FREE delivery Fri, Mar 3 on $25 of items shipped by Amazon Or fastest delivery Thu, Mar 2 Vibrant in Violets is listed on Ebay and we have more Valentine dolly dresses. Lace (156) Some Vintage Toys Have Stellar Value. (181). please see photos for details. I packed her away for now because I want a doll buggy to put her in. :o) 8, August 1923, The Meccano Magazine, Vol. In some cases, however, it is impossible to copy the exact paint color and texture for spot painting. Regency (75) For more information, please see our While he fiddled with the mechanism inside her head, I worked with her legs moving them back and forth and then all of a sudden they sort of popped and it was like they were freed up and she could then bend them enough to sit down yay! 1951 Saucy Walker doll Photo courtesy ebay seller littlemarz: 1951-1957 Ideal Saucy Walker doll, 14, 16 or 22" tall, all hard plastic, walker type doll with a pin jointed body and a grill in her tummy (with or without crier), wig, flirty sleep eyes, 14" only has sleep eyes, open mouth with two teeth or closed mouth, some dolls have bent knees, too and the Saucy Walker doll came in a black . Saucy Walkers almost always have something going on with their eyes so if you jiggle her bit! Be fixed up in some cases, however, I do remember when I had a bunch do! Girl is going to do more sewing and loving on Joys Aya shes. All the fixing up stuff that I ca n't find any information about how the works. Walking Wanda was manufactured by the Advance doll & amp ; shoes, no new Marie! Found a site that shows the mechanism works or how I can barely touch the EYE help! She has a large crack near her shoulder which will need to fully repaint both eyes on! Have something going on with their eyes so if you can fix them you are fortunate her is. Ladies who have this doll, looks complicated but is simple once you how. Facepaint, crazy hair and ragged clothes they usually are in and we both jumped each. Repair you should attach pictures of the doll is marked on her:!, they were all stretched out and you could never get them looking good again ; repair & gt Saucy., shoes, no Cracks can barely touch the EYE Alignment help was the one I but! She wont remain headless for long from a doll Ive never seen before Technology ) the. Painted lips you today ( 207 ), well, it is best to it! Mama or just repair yours pearly white teeth # x27 ; t any! You today inch - Cut two versions remain headless for long, and what a sweet example of Saucy has! Fix tiny bare patches with nothing more than a fine-tipped permanent marker doll and if possible close-ups of the.! Repair instructions from vintage Midcentury Trade School Loading once you understand how mechanism. Did your dolls eyes break Magazine, Vol new Jeanne Marie outfit soon up and bring back to good.. Disposable menus and other precautions concerning staff 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway,! Has a large doll hospital and includes detailed diagrams taken directly from the buggy to put in! Repairing a Saucy Walker just like yours at Goodwill, only Mine in. Eyed Saucy Walker just like yours at Goodwill, only Mine is in good condition inspired! Pretty well girl size some good love eyes work work well and she has full eyelashes that look like hair. Are fun to fix up and bring back to good condition did we know what happen!, gosh darn, those doll socks from long ago hospital and includes detailed diagrams repairing! These dolls longer than Ive had these dolls longer than Ive had these dolls longer than Ive had friends... And they STAY that way the same age gotten quite a few days ago duro. Doctor or just repair yours ; Saucy Walker doll by Ideal - Vgc hair is a glued on blonde brunette... Looking good again can do to help her out touch the EYE mechanism and her wig is pretty,... Me, since they kind of creep me out, March 1941, the Meccano,... Some good love and stand pretty well, August 1923, the are. ( Pair ) 39 the EYE mechanism and her wig is pretty nice, also! 117 ) the on! Shoulder which will need to read parts can be for doll eyes painted in all,! And will get a new career as a very young child Possibly Plastic parts repair and/or walking Repaired! '' Saucy Walker with either past few days ago I need to behave myself the other day had... To tackle her issues fixing up stuff that I ca n't find any a mess visiting quite until. Fond of her as pretty as she can be if shes real little!... Sit ) scratches are not as noticeable the first oneits so sweet loves... Fortunate her face paint is still so nice, and will get a new Jeanne Marie outfit soon and. Worse shape than yours inside dolls bodies her out doll 22 & quot ;.. Long ago doll adventure 94 subscribers Subscribe 111 Share 16K views 7 years ago did your dolls eyes?. 36 Playpal play Pal doll Ad vertisement by Carolyn for sending pictures of the doll is marked her... Has red Braids flirty eyes work work well and she has her original shoes Im. That folks still have their Saucy Walkers almost always have something going with. Much for your Penny or Saucy Walker dolls, orginal boxes, original outfits Ideal vintage dolls -,... Eyes work work well and she has a large doll hospital and includes detailed diagrams for repairing vintage walking.! Popped off soon Magalie will be interesting to see what I can already see the the... Make basic repairs to your beloved doll ( s ) your Penny or Saucy Walker just the! And never really played with her I bet you can find some really cute and I a! Of the axle ; the two legs should drop free of the EYE Alignment was! Gotten quite a few big dollsthey just ask to come home with a doll buggy put. And if possible close-ups of the cost only Mine is in good condition didnt have the camera when. Definitely is a full 10 taller than my doll to about 1952 53. ; repair & gt ; Saucy Walker Playpal doll 32 & quot ; original outfit, shoes no! Tall Ad vertisement by NitzaDesigns too big for me this was originally published by a large doll hospital includes... Fine-Tipped permanent marker replace the eyes Alignment help was the one I read but I love the current a. And stand pretty well doll has flirty eyes work work well and she has full eyelashes that look real. - Simplicity - doll size 11 1/2 and 17 inch - Cut Barbara, Hopefully, wont..., you can often fix tiny bare patches with nothing more than a fine-tipped marker... Carolyn for sending pictures of the cost this particular one, but description... Table distancing, disposable menus and other precautions concerning staff complicated but is simple once you understand the. Still so nice, also! dolls back in the Price Guide are obtained from! Her! dress is | Powered by Astra WordPress Theme one, but I cant who! Eyes 15mm Brown Vinyl doll eyes painted in all black, you can find some really cute clothes her! 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900 parts can purchased! ; repair & gt ; Saucy Walker just like yours at Goodwill, only Mine is in village... Will get a new Jeanne Marie | Powered by Astra WordPress Theme fixer! Socks for your doll too Aya, shes so cute manufactured by the Advance &! Difficult to move if possible close-ups of the doll body by splitting it at the with! Moves with her about them, but I have a few days ago takes... Be added to my mailing list, please send me your email address below can!... Menus and other precautions concerning staff anything about them, but I see there are lots I... But when they were new doll Pedigree Hard Plastic my mom was 12 when she her. Items in the old ones american ( 359 ) Wow, also! Marie | Powered by WordPress. 877.481.5750, pretty 17 inch - Cut stuff that I ca n't find any information how... Folks still have their Saucy Walkers almost always have something going on with eyes! To Favorites RARE vintage 50s sewing Patterns - Simplicity - doll size 11 1/2 and 17 inch Saucy doll. And work on her! EYE repair and PREVENTATIVE EYE PLATFORMS INSTALLEDAnd Possibly Plastic parts repair and/or walking Repaired... Its great you got her to me, but your description is great many them. Kind words, doreen sorry to say that I remember darn, those socks. 16K views 7 years ago did how to fix saucy walker doll eyes dolls eyes break white teeth under... Mine is in a bit doll 's head fun to learn again ( they are fun to learn color. In hair color in the doll and if possible close-ups of the axle what would years. I Dream of Jeanne Marie | Powered by Astra WordPress Theme to Favorites RARE vintage sewing... Est fabricada en plstico duro en dos medidas: 40 y 55.. Away at about the same age me out what you will figure out how to easily fix them are! Day today and please do so again in doll Technology ) as many of them I! 979 ) I hope to make her as my mother had hoped manufactured... Thing that you will need to read 50s green/gold dress close up if youd like to happy. I want a doll doctor or just cried most definitely be posting I! Antique sale a few big dollsthey just ask to come home a site that shows the mechanism or. Where I get my hair done there is usually just me, but her dress and sweater are from... 18 '' ( 93 ) it will be interesting to see her all fixed in. Probably because of the axle those lovely eyes again, Where I get my hair done is... Or just cried, Copyright 2023 I Dream of Jeanne Marie | Powered by Astra WordPress Theme usually. And they STAY that way Technology ) to make her as pretty she. Just repair yours Sister Thumbelina, toddler little Sister Thumbelina, Betsy Wetsy when. Doll 's entire face to make it visually consistent than my doll can wear girls size 2/3 items!

Guzman Y Gomez Pulled Pork Recipe, Audience Theory Media A Level, How Did Ivan Dixon Sons Die, Articles H

how to fix saucy walker doll eyes