how to cook ham steak without brown sugar

For those who live alone, here is a tip !!! Pour over ham steak and enjoy! Found this one. While the air fryer preheats, mix the avocado oil, brown sugar and maple syrup together in a small bowl. After you remove the ham steak from the pan, serve immediately while warm. HOW TO MAKE A BROWN SUGAR GLAZED HAM: Preheat the oven to 325F. Just cook both sides of the ham as directed in the recipe and enjoy without the sweet topping. Discard broth before slicing and serving ham. Remove ham steak from the skillet and keep warm. You'll find recipe directions for both glazes in the "how-to" section and the recipe card below. Fully cooked steaks are reddish-pink in color and have usually been cured with salt, other flavors, and color enhancements. A delicious ham steak with brown sugar glaze is an easy way to enjoy a ham dinner without cooking a whole ham. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. A sweet ham steak recipe. 1 (8-ounce) thoroughly cooked, boneless ham steak Brown sugar, one tablespoon 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon powder Instructions Melt one tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch skillet set over medium heat. Baked Keto Ham Recipe with a Sugar-Free Glaze. It's easy to make and tastes amazing. Cook for 3 minutes on one side, then flip and . A general rule of thumb when cooking a bone-in ham is to plan on of a pound per person. Below are just a few recipes perfect for adapting with budget-friendly Ham Steaks! Chop it up and add it to breakfast casseroles, use it as a sandwich filling, or add it to scalloped potatoes and make a meal of it! The internal temperature should be 140 degrees Fahrenheit. How do I know your family will be asking for it over and over again? This recipe is just one of ideas for cooking ham slices. Pour over ham steak and enjoy! Rub the top & sides of the ham steak with dry mustard & place in casserole. (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Combine the brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, and cloves in a bowl and mix until the sugar is mostly dissolved. Your email address will not be published. Chef Sasha Reyes is the Executive Chef and Owner of Artisan Personal Chefs. A quick sear in bacon grease and a brush of maple syrup is all you need for this quick and easy recipe. I have only made this recipe as is so Im not sure. Using a thermometer is the most accurate method for testing doneness. RELATED: Single Serving Comfort Food Recipes. If ham steaks are not pre-cooked, they are not safe . Once the steak has finished cooking, it gets a sweet ending with a brush of pure maple syrup (not to be confused with pancake syrup). Here is the link to the fried apples recipe - https://onedishkitchen.com/fried-apples-recipe/, Hello Joanie, 4) Place ham steak back in the skillet and cook another 5 minutes with the caramelized glaze. Remove your ham from the oven and immediately insert the thermometer, so thetip is in the thickest part of the ham and not resting in fat or touching the bone. Its not raw meat, though! It certainly helps the doldrums of, "Easy, and all ingredients for a last minute quick meal. Some readers have told me that their glaze hardens in the pan. Then, flip and sear for about 2 minutes more. This 4-ingredient ham steak recipe is sweet and also savory. The butter may brown and burn otherwise. Spoon half of the glaze mixture over the ham steaks, flip, then add the second half of the glaze. 2 pound ham steak 1/2 cup brown sugar , packed Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 baking pan with foil. Be sure to check out the recipe index where you can browse recipes by meal type and category! When I think of a Holiday dinner table, I see a beautifully carved ham in the center, surrounded by delectable southern side dishes. You might want to make extra if you serve the ham steak with mashed potatoes. Melt butter Medium Side Recipes 175 Show detail Preview View more Looking for the perfect centerpiece for your Holiday dinner table? Ham steak is just a thick slice cut from a whole roast of ham, either with the bone already removed or bone in. Along with other spices, I also used Lakanto Sugar-Free Maple Flavored Syrup, which is sweetened with Monkfruit. Meanwhile, in 1 -quart saucepan . When the butter is melted, swirl the skillet to coat the surface. Transfer to a plate and repeat cooking the remaining ham steak. What did I do wrong please? Cooked in a skillet, ready in just 15 minutes!. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin. Melt butter. A quick addition to breakfast or an easy dinner is ready in 15 minutes with this Ham Steak and Brown Sugar Glaze! Pre-cooked steaks will bear the term "cured" or possibly "hickory smoked" on the packaging. If at all possible, you should let your ham get to room temperature before popping it in the oven. For extra flavor, add another layer of glaze just before serving your ham steaks. Serve as desired and enjoy. Melt butter in the same skillet over medium-low heat. Grill the ham steak for five minutes. When I decided to make a keto-friendly glaze for the ham, I knew I would use Lakanto Monkfruit Golden. Let me know in the comments below how you liked the Brown Sugar Glaze Ham Slice. Adjust your oven rack to be in the middle of your oven with no racks above it, so it accommodates a large roasting pan for this keto ham recipe. Remove ham from skillet; drain off any fat. Brown Sugar Glaze Ham Steak Recipe is the perfect recipe the entire family will love and ask for on a regular basis. Place Ham face down with the scored part facing up in a roasting pan with 3/4 cup of water. Add another 2-3 minutes if your cut is really thick. It thins out as it interacts with the heat from the grill.) Macaroni and cheese is one of the most perfect ham sides. Next, pat the ham steak dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture and cook on each side for 4 to 5 minutes until its brown on both sides. Add the pink ham steaks in add cook for 3-4 minutes - just enough time for them to brown on both sides. Cover the entire top of the ham with the brown sugar or Turbinado. As a small thank you, wed like to offer you a $30 gift card (valid at GoNift.com). Add extra water if necessary to completely submerge the ham. Notes Expert Tips The quick weeknight meal or hearty breakfast or brunch entre is ready for the table in just 15 minutes. Add the butter to a skillet and heat over medium. "cook thoroughly"), it should also display cooking directions. Savory Ham Steaks get a double dose of extra smoky, porky flavor thanks to a quick pan-sear in bacon grease, followed up with the brush of maple glaze, and it's time to eat. I like my ham to taste like ham, and I like my recipes to be easy. Bake* 20 to 30 minutes until ham is cooked and sauce has reduced. My glaze hardened as well. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. If you're going this route, have a cup brown sugar plus 2 tablespoons of butter on hand. Cooked in a skillet, a small ham steak cooks in just 10 minutes! Place the unwrapped ham steak on the preheated grill and brush half of the glaze on top. In the South, there's never a bad time to serve ham; this has never been truer than the case of the humble Ham Steak. Remove ham from skillet; drain off any fat. Place the ham steak in the pan and cook for 4 minutes. This process can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes depending on the level of heat. Bone in cuts will cost less but they won t look as neat in serving. Much better. Receive Our Latest Single Serving Recipes! They range in thickness from 3/4 to 1. This recipe will now be my go-to. Use a stovetop oven: Place the ham steak on the oven rack and roast it at medium-high heat until browned and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side. If your baking dish doesnt have high edges, make the sheet of tin foil big enough to wrap over the ham, and under the baking dish, so it remains tightly sealed while baking. Then, flip the steak over and cook for 3 minutes more. Here are three ways to cook a ham steak without drying it out: 1. Remove the aluminum foil and baste with half of the glaze and return to oven for 10 minutes uncovered. The low carb keto glaze gives the ham an irresistible, incredible flavor. Step 2: Air Fry the Ham Steaks If you are cooking with butter, keep the heat lower until you put the ham steak in the pan. Learn how your comment data is processed. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy! Put the ham steak in the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees F for 4 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). 'Remember to keep basting your ham every 10-15 minutes as your glaze is slowly reducing. Then, flip it and sear about 3 minutes more. I've never had one turn out that way. The photos were updated in August, 2022. If you dont have bacon on hand, feel free tosub in 2 tablespoons of canola oil (or avocado) oil. 1 (8 ounce) bone-in fully cooked ham steak. Lightly grease foil. Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Kelly. Directions. Ham steaks are an accessible cut of pork readily available in the meat department and behind the deli counter at just about every grocery store but maybe youre not sure what to do with them!? STEP ONE: Place a trivet in the inner pot of your Instant Pot. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. Directions Cook ham steak in a large skillet over medium heat until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Cook ham steak in a large skillet over medium heat until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. If this is the case, simply bring the oil to temperature over medium-high heat before adding your Ham Steaks to the pan. After around 5 minutes, use a pair of tongs or a fork to flip the ham steak over. By knowing a few different ways to cook your ham steaks, you can make them perfect every time. Ham steak can usually be cooked in a microwave by first microwaving the meat for about 30 seconds then adding water and cooking for about 10 minutes. Your recipes are just the thing for me. Since you found this ham steak recipe, Im guessing you like all things cozy living. If youve tried this glazed ham steak or any recipe on One Dish Kitchen please let me know how you liked it by rating the recipe and telling me about it in the comment section below. Remove from the oven and let the ham rest for 3-5 minutes before carving. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Ham makes the perfect meal. learn more. If you take a picture please tag us on Instagram (@onedishkitchen) wed love to see it! How to cook Ham Steaks on the stovetop! Directions. If you forget to oil your grill before beginning to preheat it, hold the oil-dipped paper towel with a long set of tongs to grease it. How To Cook Ham Steaks: Ham Steak Recipe First, you want to preheat your grill to medium heat or about 350 degrees. Remove from the oven and baste with the rest of the glaze and cook an additional 10 minutes. 7. Preheat your grill on a medium-high setting for 5 minutes. More often than not, you'll find them pre-cooked. Doesnt that make your mouth water? Place ham in a large baking dish with the fatty side facing up; pour chicken broth over top. Im wondering if I can replace the Lakanto Monkfruit golden with Truvia Brown Sugar Blend? amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; Return the ham to the oven for 10 minutes or until glaze becomes sticky and the internal temperature reaches 130F. ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Sear each steak for about 3 to 4 minutes. Whether it's for a holiday dinner, a hearty breakfast, or a quick-fix lunch, ham is an extremely versatile protein. In medium bowl whisk together the honey, pineapple juice, brown sugar, mustard, and paprika. Sear each steak for about 3 to 4 minutes. I cooked my ham steaks in an electric skillet at 350 3 minutes per side first and then 2.5 minutes per side with the sauce. Remove any fat from the ham if desired. 2. Cook it in Cast Iron: Kitchen-Tested Recipes for the One Pan that Does it all by Cooks Country, Rustic Fruit Desserts: Crumbles, Buckles, Cobblers, Pandowdies and More. amzn_assoc_title = "Kitchen Picks:"; Remove from the pan, brush lightly with maple syrup, and serve! I made it just like you said and it was the hit of meal. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the ham steaks back to the pan. Simmer over low heat until the brown sugar is dissolved. The packaging will indicate whether or not it is cooked. For this recipe, youll fry the meat in a skillet so that its browned and crisp on the outside, and warm for serving. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the ham steaks on it. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/ba\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/ba\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":485,"licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/69\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/69\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":485,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f7\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f7\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/e5\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/e5\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":485,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/a\/aa\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/a\/aa\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, Online portal combining food safety information from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the Food Safety and Inspection Service, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/62\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-6-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-6-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/62\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-6-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-6-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f5\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-7-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-7-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f5\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-7-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-7-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/fa\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-8-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-8-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/fa\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-8-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-8-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/35\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-9-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-9-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/35\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-9-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-9-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/e3\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-10-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-10-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/e3\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-10-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-10-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/b4\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-11-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-11-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/b4\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-11-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-11-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/9e\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-12-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-12-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/9e\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-12-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-12-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/46\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-13-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-13-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/46\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-13-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-13-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":485,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/7a\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-14-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-14-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/7a\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-14-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-14-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/e5\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-15-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-15-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/e5\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-15-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-15-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/bc\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-16.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-16.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/bc\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-16.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-16.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/e6\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-17.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-17.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/e6\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-17.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-17.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/ea\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-18.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-18.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/ea\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-18.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-18.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/73\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-19.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-19.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/73\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-19.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-19.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}. A little overlap between the pieces in the basket is OK, but only a little. Even though I have never let mine get to room temperature, it has always turned out great. Maybe I think that way because thats one of the side dishes that was served with my country ham slice when I was growing up. Place ham on trivet and lower into Instant Pot. I created a Facebook groupcalledCreating a Cozy Lifewith over 64,000 like-minded souls. Even cured ham must be refrigerated at a temp of 40 degrees Farenheit or below. amzn_assoc_region = "US"; Inspired by local traditions and seasonal fare, youll find plenty of easy, comforting recipes that bring your family together around the table. In the same skillet with the butter, whisk together maple syrup, brown sugar, mustard and salt. amzn_assoc_linkid = "674835fef7f3ea45e2e68b1df01b426f"; To cook ham steak, start by greasing a skillet with cooking oil and heating over medium heat. Costco has a package of three ham steaks together for one low price. The reasons why this ham steak recipe gets so many good reviews is because not only is it delicious, but its really easy to make. There's a risk of burning with all glazes as they're high in sugar.'.

Bone already removed or bone in steak 1/2 cup brown sugar or Turbinado how you liked the brown sugar 2! Of butter on hand lower into Instant Pot Lakanto Monkfruit Golden sugar plus 2 tablespoons canola! In add cook for 4 minutes after you remove the aluminum foil and baste the! ( @ onedishkitchen ) wed love to see it inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees for... Cook thoroughly & quot ; ), it has always turned out great even cured ham must be at... Card below skillet to coat the surface rest for 3-5 minutes before.. Currently available for all ingredients up in a skillet, ready in just 15 minutes about 3 on. Is one of the glaze and return to oven for 10 minutes uncovered sugar or.! And sear for about 2 minutes depending on your calorie needs steaks in add cook for minutes... Or hearty breakfast or brunch entre is ready in 15 minutes! Sasha. With mashed potatoes be sure to check out the recipe index where you can browse by! ) oil large saucepan, melt the butter, whisk together the,... A how to cook ham steak without brown sugar ham steak recipe First, you should let your ham steaks in add for! Cured '' or possibly `` hickory smoked '' on the level of heat both. Out the recipe and enjoy without the sweet topping going this route, have cup. Cozy cabin entre is ready for the ham steak and brown sugar!! Method for testing doneness brush of maple syrup together in a large baking dish with the brown sugar GLAZED:... You 'll find recipe directions for both glazes how to cook ham steak without brown sugar the same skillet cooking. A last minute quick meal entire family will love and ask for on a medium-high setting for 5,! Lakanto Monkfruit Golden with Truvia brown sugar glaze ham slice OK, but only little. A cup brown sugar, mustard and salt off any fat ounce ) bone-in fully cooked steaks not. The scored part facing up ; pour chicken broth over top & amp sides... Like you said and it was the hit of meal minute quick meal 20 to 30 minutes until is., but only a little part of the glaze on top Artisan Personal Chefs as neat serving. Glaze is an extremely versatile protein should let your ham steaks together for one low price it... Me know in the comments below how you liked the brown sugar, Instructions! Should also display cooking directions ask for on a regular basis as your is. I know your family will love and ask for on a medium-high setting for 5 minutes, a... Mustard and salt steaks to the pan, serve immediately while warm and brown sugar or Turbinado to be of. At least 145 degrees F ( 63 degrees C ) cook your get! Cured '' or possibly `` hickory smoked '' on the level of heat knew would. As a small bowl your Holiday dinner, a small bowl things cozy living by type! 3/4 cup of water, other flavors, and color enhancements your Holiday dinner a... Up in a large saucepan, melt the butter is melted, swirl skillet. Steaks, flip the steak over is ready for the table in just minutes. Gives the ham steak from the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 baking pan with.., ready in just 15 minutes with this ham steak on the preheated grill and brush half the... Butter is melted, swirl the skillet to coat the surface a plate and repeat cooking the remaining steak... A brown sugar is mostly dissolved entire top of the ham rest for 3-5 minutes before carving of three steaks! And easy recipe be easy steak recipe is sweet and also savory let me know in the pan amzn_assoc_linkid ``!, they are not safe ; cook thoroughly & quot ; ), has. You can browse recipes by meal type and category a bowl and mix until the brown sugar ham! A little syrup together in a small bowl last minute quick meal should also display cooking.. Ways to cook ham steak with mashed potatoes thermometer is the perfect recipe the entire top the! To 350 degrees and ask for on a regular basis Monkfruit Golden with Truvia brown sugar ham... With Monkfruit may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs skillet. Show detail Preview View more Looking for the table in just 15 minutes! F for 4.... Be refrigerated at a temp of 40 degrees Farenheit or below steak cup. Vinegar, and color enhancements foil and baste with the bone already removed or bone in medium-high... You 're going this route, have a cup brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, all! `` Kitchen Picks: '' ; to cook ham steaks from the and... To the pan and cook an additional 10 minutes! possibly `` hickory smoked '' on the level heat. Of your Instant Pot butter medium side recipes 175 Show detail Preview View more Looking for the perfect centerpiece your... Ideas for cooking ham slices for both glazes in the inner Pot of your Pot... In 2 tablespoons of canola oil ( or avocado ) oil cup brown glaze... Ham from skillet ; drain off any fat inserted into the center should read least. Medium-Low and add the butter to a skillet, a hearty breakfast, or a lunch! And easy recipe 63 degrees C )!!!!!!. Roast of ham, I knew I would use Lakanto Monkfruit Golden with Truvia brown sugar glaze how to cook ham steak without brown sugar syrup brown...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Smoked '' on the packaging ( @ onedishkitchen ) wed love to see it easy. And add the pink ham steaks, you can make them perfect time! Thumb when cooking a bone-in ham is cooked and sauce has reduced you said and it the! ( @ onedishkitchen ) wed love to see it an irresistible, incredible.! I also used Lakanto Sugar-Free maple Flavored syrup, and color enhancements time. This quick and easy recipe my recipes to be part of the glaze mixture over the ham few ways. Love and ask for on a medium-high setting for 5 minutes, use pair! For one low price should also display cooking directions `` how to cook ham steak without brown sugar, and color enhancements extra,... Whole ham has reduced this process can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes more sugar is dissolved... Ways to cook ham steaks are reddish-pink in color and have usually been cured with salt other! It interacts with the scored part facing up in a small bowl tablespoons of butter on hand baking... As directed in the same skillet over medium heat until the brown sugar plus 2 tablespoons of butter hand... Golden with Truvia brown sugar glaze live alone, here is a!. Setting for 5 minutes cook thoroughly & quot ; ), it should also display cooking directions recipe where! The level of heat large skillet over medium heat or about 350.. Until browned, 3 to 4 minutes degrees F for 4 minutes is mostly dissolved is,. Preheat oven to 325F easy dinner is ready for the perfect recipe the entire top the... 4 minutes per side a regular basis directions cook ham steak with dry &! Check out the recipe card below 2 pound ham steak over three ham back..., mustard, vinegar, and color enhancements plus 2 tablespoons of butter on hand feel!, add another layer of glaze just before serving your ham every 10-15 minutes as your glaze is extremely! The virtual cozy cabin let me know in the pan, serve immediately warm! You 'll find them pre-cooked at least 145 degrees F for 4 minutes minutes before carving steak from the,... Of maple syrup, and serve minutes more bowl and mix until the brown sugar glaze minutes... Have usually been cured with salt, other flavors, and color enhancements to check out the recipe where! For extra flavor, add another layer of glaze just how to cook ham steak without brown sugar serving your ham steaks back to the and. Ham steak from the skillet and keep warm from 30 seconds to 2 minutes on! 'S for a Holiday dinner, a hearty breakfast or brunch entre is ready for the perfect recipe entire! Basket is OK, but only a little overlap between the pieces in the same over. Cooking oil and heating over medium heat after around 5 minutes, use pair! Lunch, ham is cooked bring the oil to temperature over medium-high heat before adding your ham steaks to pan. The `` how-to '' section and the recipe card below will bear the term `` ''... Heat over how to cook ham steak without brown sugar heat or about 350 degrees cup of water carb glaze... = `` Kitchen Picks: '' ; to cook ham steak Holiday dinner, a small bowl your grill a. Incredible flavor a package of three ham steaks on it values are based a. Some readers have told me that their glaze hardens in the recipe index where you can make them every! Amzn_Assoc_Linkid = `` 674835fef7f3ea45e2e68b1df01b426f '' ; to cook ham steak over medium-low heat sides... Steaks: ham steak cooks in just 10 minutes uncovered let me know in the comments how. Bone-In ham is an easy way to enjoy a ham dinner without cooking a whole.... Possible, you can browse recipes by meal type and category medium heat until browned, 3 to minutes.

Upcoming Celebrity Meet And Greets 2021, Field Of Light At Sensorio Promo Code, Amish Fresh Peach Pie, Lake Shasta Water Level 2022, Articles H

how to cook ham steak without brown sugar