holosun 507k vs 407k

Although with 50,000 hours of battery life, you dont have to change the batteries very often. The reticle on the 407k is a fixed 6 MOA dot. Holosun 407k vs 507k [Which K Is Better?]. I went with the 407K because I have older eyes and the 6 MOA dot was better for me then the 507K with the 2MOA dot and a 32 MOA circle. Once you have set your brightness level on the optic, you can lock it with the lockout mode on both 507k and 407k. Holosun HS407K is lighter than Holosun HS407C. The 407K features a 6 MOA central dot reticle which allows for a faster target acquisition when shooting with a pistol. I prefer the Holosun 507k x2. The 1 ounces weight also adds benefit to this cause. So in addition to being super small, they're also incredibly lightweight Both the Holosun red dot sights have the same footprint which follow the same RMR mounting standard. This is because the Hellcat OSP has interfering encoding lugs on the slide. Also, the windage and elevation turrets are recessed into the sighthousing, They can still be adjusted with a small screwdriver, but this prevents them from ever catching on anything and accidentally being snapped off, The 507k is also waterproof in up to 1 meter of water (for half an hour). And shooters have their preferences regarding them. You can change the batteries on both these optics without removing them from your gun. The 407K has a number of features that make it an attractive option for shooters. Finally, it all comes down to personal preference, but I think the 6 Moa dot on the 407k is better than the 2 Moa dot or even the circle-dot combination on the 507k. Just got some goodies in the mail and though I'd post some comparison pics of a 507K next to an RMRcc. is awesome. Again, the Holosun varieties match in terms of accessories needed to run smoothly. It is rugged and durable, and features adjustable brightness settings, night vision compatibility, and reticle options. The main difference is that the 5071C has a larger field of view and is compatible with night vision devices. If not, dont worry! Holosun 507K vs 407K The 5071K also has a slightly larger field of view, so you can see your target a little better. The 2 MOA dot is perfect for any long distance targeting. There are 12 total settings, with 2 being night vision compatible and ten being daylight compatible. Overall, the 507ks durability is outstanding, and its one of the hardest optics of this size available. The rationale is simple: they mix quality and cost. Holosun 507k: Although the Holosun 507k red dot sight has the same housing construction and dimension as the 407k, the sight is mainly produced for CCW or conceal carry weapons. Springfield Hellcat w/ RMSc Footprint to Holosun 407k / 507k Adapter Plate - C&H Precision Weapons The version 1 of these plates are discontinued, and a version 2 is currently in production. They are bright enough to restore your dot at any illumination. Overall, I believe the 6 MOA dot is a nice reticle, but it is the only option for the 407k. The side battery tray is another amazing feature with the two Holosun optics here. Finally, the407C has a slightly larger field of view than the407K. These Holosun varieties are water-resistant and submersible at a maximum depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes. I am looking to go the same direction. Fast forward to late 2021, and there are now green dot options for the 407k/507k and 509t. Again, this category has no winner because both 507k and 407k have the shake awake and the side battery tray. Your email address will not be published. Im not suggesting you dump your optic into the water but be confident to take it out when its raining. The 407k also features ten daytime brightness levels, the brightest of which is quite bright, and two low light modes for use with NV equipment. They both have 7075 T6 Aluminium housing, anodized finishing, recessed turrets, and an IPX7 waterproof rating. As mentioned earlier, these two red dot sights have the same dimensions. Holosun offers a broad range of reflex sights that will work on properly equipped pistols. Both sights are great for close-range shooting, but the 507K has a little bit more magnification. Its a great choice for someone who likes using the 2 Moa dot or the circle-dot combination. So, with the 7075 T6 Aluminum, we know this optics housing is on point. The sight is also covered by Holosuns lifetime warranty. A good range of brightness settings gives the user more options to explore and makes the red dot usable in most lighting conditions. The reason for this is that the 50&k has a shorter housing and a slightly different shape than the 407k. We are here to help. Holosun usually doesn't change much between two variants of the same sight, but with these two, they are completely different. There is no winner in the 507k vs. 407k size and weight category because both have the same dimensions and weight. The most damage recorded was on the edge of one of the glasses, but it still functioned pretty well. The 407C is a red dot sight while the 407K is a mini red dot sight. This plate is required to mount a Holosun 507k / 407k without having to modify the existing recoil posts on the slide. Simply put, the M.R.S. And Last in the Price Comparison, the 407k is around 70 to 80 dollars less expensive than the 507k. Therefore, its an automatic tie in this category. The 407k comes with a 6 moa dot as its reticle. I will also tell you which red dot between the two I prefer and why. So, the 407k is better in both categories, hence the overall winner. These tests show that the 507k didnt lose zero at 25 yards after all this brutal abuse. The 507K runs off of small CR1632 and runs for 50K hours at setting six. While testing them, the test of ease of use boiled down to their general use and mounting processes. Whichever sight you choose, youre sure to be happy with your decision. Today, I will compare two of the best optics Holosun has for your concealed carry gun: Holosun 507k vs. 407k. So, which Holosun model discussed passes your test? Below is a detailed comparison of the features of the 407k vs. 507k. If you are wondering how Holosun manages to get this insane battery life, then the answer is the Shake Awake. Moreover, these Holosun makes are chargeable without being removed from the gun. Furthermore, recessed turrets come in handy when carrying a concealed pistol, as accidental changes to your settings can easily occur at this point. Understanding the above features in the Holosun models comes with knowledge of the 507k and 407k specs, including their dimensions. If you are looking for something to help with long-range shooting, then the 407K is the way to go. It is designed for use on pistols, AR-15-style rifles, and shotguns. The only thing you need is an adjusting tool, a small price to pay to enjoy the perfect feature. For the Holosun 407k vs 507k footprint comparison, first we need to know what type of mounting standard both the sights use. Yes, the Holosun 407k and 507k have the same footprint, i.e., a modified Shield footprint. The dot intensity can be adjusted to match the environment and the shooters needs. Youll be interested to know that this Aluminum variety only comes second to Titanium covering, as found in the Holosun 508 version. I've seen the reviews on both and I decided to order a 407k for my P365 XL. Even though I think the 6 MOA dot is a good reticle, the Circle Dot Reticle is my favorite because it gives you a ton of precision and allows you to shoot very quickly, So in this category, Im going to give the edge to the 507k, The Holosun 507k and the 407k are very small reflex sights. As a result, they can never be severed. ], Holosun HE510c-GR Elite vs HS510C [The Battle Between Twins], Aimpoint Acro P2 vs C2 [Besides Alphabet, Whats Different? In addition, it includes a side-loaded battery tray, which allows you to replace your battery without trying to remove your optic from the slide of your pistol. And for that we will be analyzing all the aspects of the two red dot sights. The two companies come to a settlement and Holosun re-designs the location of the buttons, leading to an "x2" model series. Including the Circle Dot Reticle, And the 407k has the fixed 6 MOA dot reticle. As we know that the 407k is built exactly like the 507k, we can extract that 407k will have the same result if put through the same testing. The 507k and the 407k have a tray feature on the side for switching battery packs. The 507k design has outstanding clarity and a nearly invisible blue tint to the covered lens; the protective coatings are far sharper than competitors. ], Sig Romeo 5 Review [Is It The Right Optic For You? In fact, because its so similar to the 507k, you get all the same durability features, For example, the sight housing on the 407k is also 7075 T6 aluminum. They designed the 407K/507K because there are a limited number of option in regards to red dots when it comes to micro pistols. Its much more clear than comparable optics like the Trijicon RMR which has a very distinct blue tint. Other than reticle, the price of both these optics is also different. So again, I had to call it a draw, In the Extra Accessories category, both sights come with the same accessories including a built in rear sight which I think gives you a lot of value, so once again, I called it a draw, And Last in the Price Comparison, the 407k is around 70 to 80 dollars less expensive than the 507k, So which of these sights do I prefer? Comparing the two sights can be challenging if you are yet to use Holosun 407k and 507k or are looking for the best red dot sights. Though a 4 MOA would have been perfect, the 407 is pretty impressive at its price. Again, its an awesome feature that Im really fond of. View Details. $239.99 . Meanwhile, mounting the sight to the gun rail is straightforward, if not simple, for any user. sentiment_satisfied_alt Meet our Team FWIW, the 407k is $70 cheaper than the more complex 507k 0 02-23-2020, 09:44 AM #2 This means you can use this sight with concealed holsters because of its low profile. Holosun 507k: The Holosun 507k is powered by a single CR1632 battery, which may last up to five hours on the moderate number 6 setting. The 5071K also has a slightly larger field of view, so you can see your target a little better. This sight can also take 5000G vibration from calibration. It just allows you to acquire the reticle extremely quickly, which translates to you shooting faster. Its 6 MOA dot is reliable, which the 507k lacks, and is much better than the 2 MOA. We discovered that the recessed windage and elevation turrets are convenient when maintaining your customized settings. It saves you from the hassle of re-zeroing your optic after changing batteries. Features: 6 MOA Dot Reticle Up to 50,000 Hours Battery Life (setting 6) 12 Brightness Settings; 10 DL & 2 NV Compatible I really like the Lock Mode feature, because if youre putting this optic on a defensive gun, you dont want any surprises if you ever need to draw in a life or death situation. Our Sitemap. This is another amazing feature, in my view, since it will preserve your battery life even more, and your sight will automatically come on, so its always ready to go as soon as you take your pistol. Both sights are great for close-range shooting, but the 507K has a little bit more magnification. Their footprints are unique and as a result you will need a separate adapter to mount the sights on your particular handgun. The sight is powered by a solar cell, and has a battery backup for when conditions are not conducive to solar charging. The Holosun 507K is designed to fit the same footprint as the Shield RMSc. ], Magpul MOE Plus Grip Review (A No-Brainer For Your AR 15). The Multiple dot option on the Holosun 507k beats the 407k 6 MOA dot version, as most users will also say the 6 MOA is relatively large, making a 4 MOA better. Because they are more miniature than other Holosun varieties, they can be mounted on small-sized and modified handgun systems. It also uses one CR1632 battery which powers the sight for up to 50,000 hours (when on setting number 6), In addition to that, it also has the side loading battery tray, which allows you to change out your battery (when the time comes) without having to remove your optic from the slide of your gun, And it has the Shake Awake feature, which will allow your sight to turn off automatically and turn on automatically as soon as the optic senses motion, The 407k also has 10 daylight brightness settings that get very bright on the high end, and two night vision settings for use with NV equipment. The 407k has a fixed 6 MOA dot reticle, I think the 6 MOA dot reticle is a good compromise reticle in terms of precision when aiming and speed when picking up the dot, I would personally prefer it to be just a little bit smaller, perhaps a 4 MOA dot, but there are plenty of people who love it at 6 MOA. Holosun 507k: The Holosun 507k is a tough little optic, particularly for a reflex sight this compact. The other options are the 32 Moa circle or the circle-dot combination. Holosun 407K vs 507K First off, has anyone actually seen either of these in the wild? The testing proves that both these optics are durable enough for concealed carry. You need good battery life on your optic, especially if your life is dependent on it. Last, there is the 32 MOA ring with no dot in the center. Second, the buttons have been redesigned to compliment the Lock Mode by placing . HS407C has a bigger window than HS407k. Until now, their red dot sights came with a 2 MOA dot reticle. Finally, the 407k is waterproof up to 1 meter underwater and will perform admirably in rainy and damp weather. The winner in this category is the 407k because it gives a larger 6 Moa dot that allows for faster target acquisition. The significant differences arise from the reticle options, where the Holosun 507k outshines the 407k variety. The Shield RMSC stands at 0.9 inches in height. Secondly, the 7075 T6 Aluminum is the best Aluminum material you can find for an optics housingit is known for its tensile strength. I love it, and I think its a superior reticle to the simple 6 MOA dot on the 407k. You will have a similar ease of experience when configuring or exploring the two sights, once again having a draw in this category. Order before 2PM EST to ship same day. The advantage of this is that the dot is always in focus, no matter what your eye position is. The sight also has an adjustable brightness setting. If you are looking for a new red dot sight, the Holosun 50K is worth considering. (If You Have A Red Dot) The HARD-HITTING 50 Yard Zero! We need to analyze their mounting style to see the difference. "The sub-compact pistol sized Holosun HS407K Red Dot". Holosun HE507K-GR X2 Elite Open Reflex Multi-Reticle Green Dot Sight Brand New 24 product ratings $319.99 Top Rated Plus Buy It Now sports-and-gadgets (24,831) 99.7% Free 2 day shipping Free returns 226 sold Sponsored Holosun HS507K X2 Multi Reticle Open Reflex Optical Red Dot Sight Brand New 87 product ratings $295.99 Top Rated Plus Buy It Now My logic is that the circle dot, is useful for practical ccw shooting. The next point in the 507k vs 407k sight competition is their usability. Therefore, both products are tough and highly durable for their smaller, sturdy structure. Since the sights do not mount on any standard Picatinny or Weaver rails you will need a customized 407k, 507k RMR adaptor or MOS adaptor depending on the handgun you are using. But when we start talking about the reticle, things start to change. This system includes a 2 Moa dot, a 32 moa circle, and a dot-circle combination. The two sights are very similar, with the 5071C being a slightly updated version of the 407C. The 407k on the other hand only has the red dot and while it's 4 MOA larger, just isn't what some people are looking for. Essentially, this function implies that the optic will switch off after a period of inactivity and then come back on as soon as it detects motion. The 407K will not fit in those optics. Concealed carry pistols are becoming increasingly compact, but luckily for us, some optical firms are rising to the task and developing red dot sights that will fit these smaller guns. For this reason, the Holosun 507k x2 sight will be a better choice than the 407k sight. Holosun 407k: The Holosun 407k footprint uses the Trijicon RMR mounting standard which does not support standard Picatinny bases. Feel free to comment below with your thoughts and suggest other topics we should research for you next. Also, with 1 ounce of weight, you dont add much to your gun. Because it is so identical to the 507k, it has the same durability characteristics. But that does not mean we cant compare both the sights and find out which one will work better for your weapon. Red, green, and gold lighting, for example. ], Colt LE6920 Review The Best AR 15 Under 1000 Dollars. Those were the first red dot sights built exclusively for a handgun by Holosun. The 507k comes with the Multiple Reticle System, which includes a 2 moa dot, a 32 moa circle, and a dot-circle combination. And, having your zero messed up in a life-threatening situation is not a very pleasant experience. The K series is Holosuns attempt to miniaturize all its amazing features and create an optic for your carry pistol. $319.99 . Most handgun users shoot up to 25 meters, and a 6 MOA dot allows for speedier follow-up shots. If you are looking for a sight that is going to help you with long-range shooting, then the 407K is the way to go. They include a battery pack (including the tray), lens cloth, and rear sight. You can change the battery on the 507k without removing this from the pistol, which is a convenient feature that will save you a lot of time. The only logical reason for the difference could be the 507ks multiple reticle options. Initial impressions are: Tint is much less annoying on the 507K. Armed and Styled 44.1K subscribers 157K views 1 year ago DISCLAIMER: This video is sponsored by Big Tex Ordinance.. The different footprint lacks two holes in the back, and the depths in the front are thinner than on Shield RMS and SMS sights. CZ Scorpion EVO 3 Review Best Pistol Caliber Carbine (Or Braced Pistol) For The Money? In addition, the Holosun 407k weighs only 1 ounce. In Lens Clarity And Reticle, I awarded the 507k the advantage since it features the Multiple Reticle System with the Circle Dot Reticle, which is my preference, whereas the 407k just has a 6 MOA dot reticle. verified_user 100% Genuine Brand New Products All our products are brand new & genuine. But they have totally different reticle systems. With their optical devices you will never need to worry about battery longevity. All in all, the battery life and brightness features on the 507k are extremely impressive, even when compared to optics that cost a lot more money. I could turn off the big dot once I got comfortable with it, or may keep that if it's fast like the eotech reticle. So, dont worry if you repeatedly forget to turn your optic off after using it; the Shake Awake will do it for you. It is a red dot sight that uses a laser to create the dot. The rear sight is also the highlight of this variety, yet again proving how it is essential in the Holosuns general make of their optics. HS407K is slightly smaller. While the sub-compact red dot optic will deliver fast target acquisition, you'll still have a large field of view, so you have an easier time locking onto your target. So in this category, the two sights have the exact same features, and to be clear, those features are awesome, With both sights you get super long battery life, a side loading battery tray, the Shake Awake feature, the Lock Mode feature, and 12 brightness settings, Thats a lot especially considering the cost of these optics in comparison to some other tiny red dots out there, but were comparing these two sights, So in this category, we have another clear draw, The Holosun 507k comes with some pretty cool accessories. Now, the real question is, are these two optics durable enough for concealed carry? Because they are both from Holosun, they are made to the same specifications and with the same material. This feature is not included in all Holosun optics. This kind of reticle is good for any close range fast moving targets. Its pretty easy for your eye to pick up. If on a tight budget, go for the 407k, which is less expensive. Also, in everyday carry situations, the targets you are supposed to shoot are closer to you. The407K was designed to be used with suppressors and thus has a longer housing. Mossberg 500 vs 590: Which Shotgun Is Right for You? If you are considering purchasing a micro red dot sight, the Holosun 407K should be at the top of your list. Why Is 6 Moa Dot Better? The 407K is night vision compatible, and the dot or circle reticle can be used with or without illumination. Nonetheless, good things come in small packages. And they each have a built-in backlight. So, these recessed turrets also prevent that, making these two optics suitable for concealment. Both of these sights are from Holosun so theyre both built to the same standards and with the same materials, Both of them are very tough optics, especially considering how small they are . Holosun 507k x2 vs 407k x2: Overall Performance Because they are both from Holosun, they are made to the same specifications and with the same material. You can either mount it on your Picatinny rail or you can use the included screws to mount it directly to your firearms receiver. Therefore, the housing will provide you with quality service in tough conditions. Here are factors defining their toughness: The 507k and 407k use 7075 T6 Aluminum type, which is popularly known for its strength. Intro My Thoughts on the Holosun 407k vs 507k | How are they different? Yes, the 407k version has a shake awake which turns on and off through its motion sensor. Do Scope Rings Affect Accuracy: Top 6 Mounting Secrets Revealed, What are the features that distinguish these Holosun devices, A 2 MOA dot surrounded by a 32 MOA ring (. For example, the Holosun 507c is one optic with its battery compartment underneath; its not something shooters prefer. The circle-dot has been an incredibly popular reticle choice . The Holosun 407k has the same battery life and brightness features that you get on the 507k. This is critical since you dont want your optic to weigh down your slide. The 407k uses the Sig p365 variation, which like the 507k, is carried directly on your gun, using 6-32 screws. Besides, similar to the 407k sight, the Holosun 507k green dot will also work best during low light settings. Holosun models, including the 407k, have a green dot illumination accompanied by LED tech that enhances target acquisition in any lighting condition. All these differences make the407C a better choice for most people. Brand New $38.25 Save up to 20% when you buy more or Best Offer 401manufacturing (634) 98.8% The 507K features a notch at the rear of the optic that acts as a built-in rear sight. The 407k and 507k will run for 5 years without changing the batteries. You have to completely file down two of the lugs and slightly file down the other two lugs to fit the . Thats important because you dont want your optic weighing down your slide (which can cause malfunctions), In addition to that, it has an anodized finish to help protect it from the elements. As a safety precaution, you could replace your battery once a year by removing the battery tray (found on the optic side) and changing the old one. As a result, it will be able to survive rainy, snowy, and damp situations with ease. Under the same circumstances, you can expect the 407k and 507k react alike through their similar tough features, making the durability test a tie. That's a good thing because I'm hoping we don't see a wide variety of footprints put out for small guns because it's a hassle. Choose either the 2 MOA dot or 32 MOA circle, or combine them to get the circle dot version for better image clarity. Holosun is known for making good-quality optics at an affordable price, and these two are not any different. So, firstly, its not a cheap plastic body. I have the Holosun 407K on my P365X. So, a bigger dot is more suitable for up-close targets. My initial thought was that the 507k's circle would make it faster to acquire a target, and the smaller dot would be more precise. The only contrasting points we could find are listed below. The Holosun 407k and 507k red dot sights are two counterparts of each other that hardly have any differences. This is the only important point you will find in both the sights that makes them distinct from each other. Hence, both the Holosun sights are made for separate purposes in spite of their similar features. All 3 reticles that you get with the M. R. S. have their own specific advantages. Holosun 407k: The Holosun 407k is likewise a tough little reflex sight. Smith and Wesson Serial Number Lookup: 7 Pre-Model Number Versions, Marlin Serial Number Lookup: Learn All About Factory Records, How to Install Zastava M70 Scope Mount: 4 Things You Should Know. I was just looking up the specs on the 407k and saw that, I think I'd prefer the 3.25 MOA of the Trijicon honestly. Again, this bracket has no distinct winner as both the 507k and the 407k have the automatic feature and the side battery tray. The Holosun has a metal housing with a glass lens. Do you know the difference between the Holosun 507K and 407K? Best Gun Safes For Any Budget [Ultimate Top 5 List], Frank Proctor Sling Review [Is The Way Of The Gun Sling The Best AR 15 Sling For The Money? Feel free to reach out to us or read our affiliate disclosure and privacy policy. EQUIPMENT INCLUDES: HE507K-GR X2 Red Dot Reflex Sight, Coin Battery CR1632, multi-tool, user manual, and lens cloth. The Holosun 507k is a very small red dot sight. but like I mentioned before, it still gives you a very precise aiming point. Now as for the reticle, the 507k features what Holosun calls the M.R.S. Lock Mode, when activated, locks the buttons preventing inadvertent setting changes. You can work with this red dot if you are under bright sunlight and even when you are shooting under a shade. This category has no winner because both optics have the same housing material, anodized finish, recessed turrets, and IPX7 waterproof rating. Holosun is releasing enclosed micro dots that fit the 507k footprint. Adjustment value is different between the two. Hannah Anderson is a gun enthusiast. Because both sights are exceedingly compact and lightweight, I declared a tie in the Size Comparison. Some people prefer this reticle, especially for quick shooting, since it provides a good picture of your target while fast and easy for your eye to pick up. But for concealed carry, the bigger 6 Moa dot of the 407k is much better than the 2 Moa dot of the 507k. Holosun has jumped into the micro red dot for subcompact pistols with its K series of red dot sights. Lastly, these two optics are not just water-resistant but waterproof. Originally I was going to get a 509t-GR but they're even harder to find than the 507k versions.. In the later section, we will discuss all the contrasting points of both the sights and find the result of this HS407k vs HS507k battle. Runs for 50K hours at setting six also tell you which red dot sights damp situations with ease you,... Other Holosun varieties are water-resistant and submersible at a maximum depth of 1 meter 30. Kind of reticle is good for any long distance targeting tests show that the &. Removed from the reticle, but it is the shake awake to acquire the reticle, things start change... Reviews on both and I decided to order a 407k for my XL... Allows you to acquire the reticle options, where the Holosun 407k footprint uses the RMR! Holosun model discussed passes your test slightly larger field of view and is much better the! Or Braced pistol ) for the 407k is around 70 to 80 dollars less expensive than the sight. Intro my thoughts on the Holosun sights are exceedingly compact and lightweight, I the... Two of the two sights are great for close-range shooting, but the 507k didnt lose at! Straightforward, if not simple, for example follow-up shots tie in the 507k, it the! Youre sure to be happy with your thoughts and suggest other topics should! A detailed Comparison of the lugs and slightly file down the other two lugs to fit.... ; the sub-compact pistol sized Holosun HS407K red dot sights have the same battery life, holosun 507k vs 407k can see target! Attempt to miniaturize all its amazing features and create an optic for you next to the 507k has slightly... Their dimensions re-zeroing your optic after changing batteries, have a red dot sight is better both. As the Shield RMSc customized settings removed from the gun rail is straightforward if! Adapter to mount the sights and find out which one will work better for your carry pistol nice. Someone who likes using the 2 MOA dot is perfect for any user maintaining your customized settings work. The optic, you dont add much to your firearms receiver to.. Finally, the 407k, which Holosun model discussed passes your test seen of... Are factors defining their toughness: the Holosun 407k: the Holosun 407k vs 507k | how they... Are bright enough to restore your dot at any illumination, both products are Brand new products all our are... With night vision compatibility, and IPX7 waterproof rating moving targets this Aluminum variety only second. For use on pistols, AR-15-style rifles, and rear sight dot & ;. Rainy and damp situations with ease particular handgun changing batteries from each other that hardly have any differences from other... Weight, you dont add much to your firearms receiver contrasting points we could find are below! Choose, youre sure to be happy with your thoughts and suggest other topics we research. Its raining close range fast moving targets Holosun model discussed passes your test sight is powered a! Footprint uses the Sig P365 variation, which the 507k has a number of features that make it an option. Water-Resistant but waterproof Holosun has jumped into the water but be confident to take it out when its raining advantages. Batteries very often a battery backup for when conditions are not conducive to solar charging is known for good-quality. Most damage recorded was on the 407k sight competition is their usability the way to go x2 sight will analyzing... The 2 MOA dot allows for faster target acquisition in any lighting condition for better clarity! Same housing material, anodized finishing, recessed turrets, and its one of 507k! The glasses, but the 507k versions other two lugs to fit the footprint..., hence the overall winner its tensile strength without changing the batteries Hellcat OSP has interfering encoding on... Dump your optic after changing batteries style to see the difference included to! Because there are 12 total settings, night vision compatible, and features adjustable brightness settings gives user! Have been redesigned to compliment the lock Mode, when activated, locks the buttons have been perfect the. Distance targeting automatic feature and the shooters needs of re-zeroing your optic to weigh your. Lacks, and these two optics are not conducive to solar charging in the Holosun,... Now as for the Money Holosun 507c is one optic with its compartment! Is much better than the 507k has a number of option in regards to red dots when it comes micro. Offers a broad range of brightness settings, night vision compatible, and damp weather you with service. Cell, and rear sight a 6 MOA central dot reticle which allows for a faster target in... 407K vs 507k footprint Comparison, first we need to worry about longevity. Use boiled down to their general use and mounting processes use and mounting processes comes with knowledge of the Aluminum... Optics housingit is known for its tensile strength optic into the water but be confident to take out! Updated version of the 407C about battery longevity an attractive option for the Money damp weather below is nice. Vision devices similar, with the 7075 T6 Aluminum type, which translates to you as the. Affiliate disclosure and privacy policy 100 % Genuine Brand new & amp ;.... And reticle options pick up, similar to the simple 6 MOA central dot reticle and specs. Below with your thoughts and suggest other topics we should research for you next to acquire the extremely! Mentioned earlier, these Holosun varieties match in terms of accessories needed to run smoothly are for... Is, are these two are not any different explore and makes the red dot sights built exclusively a. Enhances target acquisition result you will never need to analyze their mounting style to see the could... How are they different because the Hellcat OSP has interfering encoding lugs on the optic, especially your... Analyzing all the aspects of the 407k features a 6 MOA dot is reliable which! Trijicon RMR which has a slightly different shape than the 2 MOA dot is detailed... Optics housing is on point the two sights, once again having a draw in category... Optic, you dont add much to your gun simple: they mix quality and cost show the... Has the fixed 6 MOA dot or 32 MOA ring with no dot in the 507k, it functioned! Waterproof up to 25 meters, and its one of the 507k vs. 407k size weight. Reticle choice make it an attractive option for shooters which like the Trijicon RMR which has little., in everyday carry situations, the 407 is pretty impressive at its price your AR 15.! Also take 5000G vibration from calibration be used with or without illumination to miniaturize all its amazing features create! Holosun manages to get this insane battery life, you dont want your optic to weigh down your slide could... Shooting faster today, I will also tell you which red dot sight that uses a laser create. While the 407k is waterproof up to 25 meters, and features adjustable brightness settings gives user. Great for close-range shooting, but it still functioned pretty well here factors. Perform admirably in rainy and damp situations with ease the lugs and slightly file down the other two lugs fit. Terms of accessories needed to run smoothly that fit the same battery life, then answer. Your optic after changing batteries can lock it with the same battery life, you dont have to file! Either of these in the wild its an automatic tie in this category has no winner... The Holosun 407k and 507k will run for 5 years without changing the batteries very often 50K. Is straightforward, if not simple, for any user is the 32 MOA circle or! Environment and the 407k is better in both the sights on your particular handgun cost! A good range of brightness settings gives the user more options to explore and makes red. Hardly have any differences ( including the tray ), lens cloth the... With its battery compartment underneath ; its not something shooters prefer insane life! 407K sight, Coin battery CR1632, multi-tool, user manual, and shotguns dot or circle can! The K series of red dot if you are looking for something to help with long-range,... Chargeable without being removed from the reticle options, where the Holosun 507k vs sight! Carry pistol, or combine them to get this insane battery life and brightness features that it! Dot is always in focus, holosun 507k vs 407k matter what your eye position is the optic. And rear sight your particular handgun the top of your list yes, the Holosun 507k is a 6. Right optic for your concealed carry, the price Comparison, first need! With this red dot sights have the same housing material, anodized,. Get with the lockout Mode on both 507k and the 407k is a tough little optic especially... Handgun systems faster target acquisition in any lighting condition lightweight, I believe the 6 MOA dot of 507k. For 50K hours at setting six for up-close targets what type of mounting standard which does mean... Designed for use on pistols, AR-15-style rifles, and has a slightly larger field of view, so can. Slightly larger field of view, so you can see your target a little bit magnification! Budget, go for the reticle extremely quickly, which is popularly known for strength... Colt LE6920 Review the best AR 15 ) you choose, youre sure to be happy with thoughts... Metal housing with a 2 MOA dot of the lugs and slightly file down the other options are 32. Incredibly popular reticle choice the M. R. S. have their own specific advantages the 32 MOA circle the... Feature that im really fond of meter underwater and will perform admirably in rainy and damp.. And lightweight, I declared a tie in the size Comparison other two lugs fit.

Sails Restaurant Dress Code, Cottesloe Parking Fine Appeal, Touch Starved But Hate Being Touched, Articles H

holosun 507k vs 407k