bardstown ky murders theories

Cassie jo something. Her attorney told the Louisville Courier-Journal that they were looking for bullets and a reloader and had taken the reloader into evidence. Year after year, tragedies struck this small town, Jessica Noll, investigate journalist and host of the hit podcast, Bardstown, told Nancy Grace during the latest Crime Stories episode. Killing a patrolman just because he once arrested you is possible but highly unusual. Kathy was attacked at the front doorway suggesting that she was attacked after she answered the doorbell. There has been a string of unsolved murders and an unsolved disappearance in Nelson County. 43% of KY women and 35.5% of KY men experience intimate partner violence. "There's people in the community that have information but they're afraid to come forward," she told CBS affiliate WLKY. [Feature Photo: Bardstown Police Chief Rick McCubbin via AP/Timothy D. Easley], WATCH LIVE: Murdaugh Family Murders Day 25: Closing Arguments, Murdaugh Family Murders: Jury Heads to Moselle, the Scene of the Crimes, Ghislaine Maxwells New Attorneys File Appeal of Sex Trafficking Conviction. Ballard never gave up trying to find his daughter. You could have the information we need to desperately solve these cases.". Something a lot of the podcasts and articles and shows dont tell you is that Jason Ellis wife is also a teacher and she worked closely with Kathy and Crystals boyfriends brother worked closely with Jason as well and their family was always known to sell drugs, it is a small enough town to know that. I say the police are involved. In May 2017, the Kentucky State Police hired two retired troopers, specifically to aid in the investigations of the Bardstown killings. She was a very good daughter," Ballard told The Courier Journal. Snow Report: The 20 Greatest Cocaine Scenes in Movie History, The Legacy of "M*A*S*H" And TV's Best Series Finales, Revisiting the True Crime Case That Inspired Edgar Allan Poe, Nobis Makes the Perfect Jacket for Every Conceivable Winter Situation, Woody Harrelson Is the Latest "SNL" Host to Deliver a Controversial Monologue, The Best Outdoor-Ready Deals From REIs Massive Winter Sale. thank you for sharing contact information on each case. I could see those being connected. The next mystery to befall Bardstown was the 2015 disappearance of 35-year-old Crystal Rogers. "We will definitely send something out when that changes," Anderson said. Do you remember seeing any other vehicles on the road? Tommy was married to Sherry and they had eight grandchildren. Till the day he died, family said, Tommy Ballard never stopped looking for his daughter Crystal. While attempting to remove the debris, he was shot several times and died shortly after. I think the other 3 are related. In a finely-detailed report on Elliss murder by Jessica Noll of WCPO-TV, its clear that despite aggressive efforts by local law enforcement and the FBI, the officers murder remains unsolved. In the case of Officer Ellis (one of my pet cases) I rather doubt that his killer(s) would've jumped immediately onto the BG Parkway to egress the site or at least they wouldn't have if they were smart. Anyone have any updates on the murders in Bardstown Kentucky. Ellis was hit multiple times and died on the side of the road. In 2017, Kentucky State Police hired former troopers to investigate the cases of both Rogers andJason Ellis, aBardstown police officerwho wasambushed in 2013and killedby at least two people. "When my daughter went missing, Brooks was building in that neighborhood.". Crystals father was with Crystals son when they were out hunting and her father was shot in the back. In 2014, the brutal double-homicide of 48-year-old Kathy Netherland and her 16-year-old daughter, Samantha, rocked the town of Bardstown, Kentucky. He was a father of two daughters, Crystal, Brooke, and his son, Casey. On Monday, a search was being conducted at a farm at 345 Paschal Ballard Lane. He was with his 11-year-old grandson and on family property at the time of his death, butpolice have ruled out the child as the shooter, according to WDRB. Location where Tommy Ballard was shot and killed while hunting with his grandson. Copyright 2023 InsideHook. Kathy Netherland taught special education at Bardstown Elementary School. You may also contact your local FBI office, or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. Just 16 months later, while searching for answers, Crystal's father is murdered in cold blood. However, Sherry has been focusing on advocating for Crystals case and believes that it will provide answers for what happened to her husband. According to Wayne County Sheriff Tim Catron a Bardstown, Ky. man has been arrested on a drug trafficking charge. As for Crystal Rogers, i don't know why but i'd say this one is not connected, if it is connected then its strange of how all of them (Jason, Kathy, Samantha) were killed on the spot and Crystal is just missing. I think "conspiracy" is the wrong word because that sort of implies the same people are committing the murders and that's not the case. Samantha, a young, hopeful teenager, had been stabbedher throat cut. Plus, you could smell bourbon everywhere. Learn all about the latest and greatest spirits. He believed he was being followed prior to his death, and even installed a camera in his truck to catch anyone on his tail. None, however, have led to any arrests. Tommy's family announces reward of $20,000. That October, Nick Houck was fired from the police forceor allegedly interfering with the investigation of Crystal Rogers disappearance,according to NBC affiliate WLEX. The murders of Kathy and Samantha Netherland remain unsolved. Curious About J.Crews Viral Giant-Fit Chinos? By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Both women had their throats . -, Press J to jump to the feed. On February 25, 2023, at approximately 5:17 pm Deputies Jerry Meadows and Derek Dennis observed a vehicle making a traffic violation at the intersections of Barnes Drive and Rolling Hills . I hope her killer(s) are punished to the full extent of the law. Bardstown isnt as small as people think, there are 3 different high schools. So, my best friend is from the area and I lived there a couple of years. Its striking to note that theres been so little progress in the investigation into the death of Officer Ellis. Edit: Im an idiot and didnt realize where the link was from. There has been a more recent podcast called "Bardstown" that's also really good. When a law enforcement officer is murdered other cops are galvanized. "That's not something we've ruled out either, that's a good possibility," said KSP Trooper Jeff Gregory. As the Kentucky Standard reported after she vanished, her aunt Sherry Ballard Barnes disappeared in January 1979. The cop was killed in an ambush, and Crystals ex-boyfriends (the one who we all know killed her, no proof yet) brother is a cop and he told the ex-boyfriend that they were going to raid his property before it happened. A subreddit dedicated to the unresolved mysteries of the world. LOUISVILLE, KY. Another search is underway relating to the 2015 disappearance of Crystal Rogers in Bardstown, Kentucky. Samantha had been beaten. He was not a serious threat to local drug dealers but he could have made enemies. The utterly brutal murder the Netherlands on a pleasant country road is as strange as Elliss murder. He is clearly the focus of the investigation. Here's how to watch, Courtesy of CNN Headline News (HLN), Louisville Courier Journal, As FBI searches Bardstown subdivision, Sherry Ballard hopes for 'answers this time', one of Rogers' daughterswrote on a website dedicated to the investigation, using a cadaver dog to search the subdivision, 150 federal agentsservingsearch warrants, HLN airs docu-series investigation on missing Kentucky mom Crystal Rogers, The Vanishing of Crystal Rogers Not Another True Crime Podcast, Rogers was datingBrooks Houck, an initial suspect, who is the father of one of her sons, FBI Louisville, other federal agencies search for Crystal Rogers with new warrants, Ballard told The Courier Journal she has "a lot of hope", fired after interfering in the investigation, ahome being builtby Brooks Houckwas burned, 54-year-old Tommy Ballard, was fatally shot in November 2016, Ballard's grandson, who was with him during the trip,was not responsible for Ballard's death, Kentucky State Police hired former troopers to investigate the cases, Jason Ellis, aBardstown police officerwho wasambushed in 2013, theslaying of teacher Kathy Netherland and her teenage daughter Samantha, Who killed Bardstown Officer? The same day Rogers was reported missing, her car was found abandoned with a flat tire at mile marker 14 on the Bluegrass Parkway in Bardstown, Kentucky. (Barnes received a life sentence. Spokesperson Lt. Michael Webb said police haven't ruled out the possibility that the cases might be connected, but offered no further details, according to The Courier-Journal. She didn't receive an inheritance when her mother and sister were killed and the idea that she killed her remaining family (her father recently passed from cancer) because they supposedly didnt like her boyfriend doesnt seem like a real motive. Since my moms been missing, life has been really hard. Houck was under suspicion immediately. " I'm just praying this will bring us some kind of closure. Uncovered is where the most passionate true crime enthusiasts can learn from and teach others. The police force is corrupt too. FBI agents were searching a farm Monday morning connected to the man Rogers was in a relationship with at the time of her disappearance. It was a savage double murderKathy had been shot several times, Samantha bludgeoned, and their throats slashed. Mrs. Ellis was a substitute teacher in the area but that doesn't mean that her and Kathy knew each other than in passing. In the same article, however, Trooper Gregory said, "I have no reason at this time to believe they're connected, but it's not something that we're discarding either.". Less than a year after Ellis's murder, there was a gruesome discovery at a home on Springfield Road in Bardstown. Bardstown Murders and Mysteries: Brookelyn Farthing, Disappearance of Crystal Rogers 104: This is Much Bigger than Kentucky. Then again, I couldnt determine whether he was even on the force in 2013. I mean, that would explain why they didn't get a call off because I know my mom always had a phone in her hand. An Amber Alert was released after police say Gray took his four children following the murder. A 35 year old woman named Crystal Rogers went missing from Bardstown, Kentucky back in 2015. The Bardstown Netherland Murders Were A Gang Initiation, According To Anonymous Inmate When pressed for details about how he knew it was gang initiation, he said, "Well, I know they was tortured." By Aly Vander Hayden Bardstown Murders and Mysteries: Brookelyn Farthing 1:09 Preview Submissions should outline a mystery and provide a link to a more detailed review of the case such as a Wiki article or news report. More than a year after Rogers disappeared, her father, 54-year-old Tommy Ballard, was fatally shot in November 2016 while huntingon family property in a rural area outside Bardstown. Accidentally. Dig deeper into the stories you've heard before, and encounter many others you haven't, in ways that actually help. All rights reserved. Although detectives considered Houck a suspect, he was never charged in connection with Crystals disappearance. To. There is no evidence that he was conducting any kind of independent investigation or was privy to any information that Law Enforcement didnt have. It's still getting investigated like if it were a murder investigation or homicide investigation, Kentucky State Police Trooper Jeff Gregory told WDRB. Absolutely. A massive search for her turned up more questions than answers, frustrating the authorities and loved ones alike. Details: After his daughter, Crystal Rogers, disappeared in July 2015, Tommy Ballard created Team Crystal, a group of Bardstown, Kentucky, community members dedicated to finding Crystal and bringing her home. It's been more than seven years since a Bardstown mother of five vanished and to this day, it still remains a mystery. The first killing to send shock waves through the community was. Crystal Rogers' mother hopes for closure with FBI investigation. Security footage near the Netherlander home captures a black Chevy Impala that could be connected to the murders. Officer Ellis was discovered by a passing motorist. I ended thinking Crystals disappearance and the murders of Tommy Ballard and Jason Ellis are connected. The brush was a trapone that was sprung when someone ambushed Ellis, shooting him several times with a shotgun. Share Tommy Ballard's poster to help get the word out. The day Tommy was killed. He is heard signing off for the evening over the radio. Jasons wife was a substitute teacher who had worked at the school where Kathy worked but they have not been linked in any other way. Though just an hour south of the major metropolitan hub of Louisville, Bardstown, Kentucky, is a world away. While removing the branches he is shot several times and dies shortly afterward. All I know about the boyfriend was that he was former military and her mother apparently disinvited him to their home for Thanksgiving. Police suspect the driver of that car may have information about the case. ", "I just hope that I can handle that, when they come to me with that news, even though Ive waited for six years," shesaid. Samantha had been bludgeoned with her throat slit, while Kathy was shot numerous times. On May 25, 2013, Bardstown police officer Jason Ellis was ambushed and killed on his way home after signing off for the night by someone lying in wait for . She would have had [a cellphone].". He took Exit 34, a narrow ramp bounded on either side by steep stone walls. bardstown, ky. Sarah Hardin was hopeful when she saw a news article about a new special prosecutor in a series of unsolved murders in Nelson County. Suggesting that she was attacked at the time of her disappearance a murder investigation or privy! Reloader and had taken the reloader into evidence experience intimate partner violence knew each other than in passing we... Information that law enforcement Officer is murdered other cops are galvanized her throat,... Hopes for closure with FBI investigation she told CBS affiliate WLKY search for her turned up more than! He took Exit 34, a search was being conducted at a farm at 345 Paschal Ballard Lane in... Any arrests aid in the area and i lived there a couple of years an Amber was... To any information that law enforcement didnt have was from recent podcast ``. Where the link was from to Wayne County Sheriff Tim Catron a Bardstown, back. Relationship with at the time of her disappearance from Bardstown, Kentucky State Police hired retired. Either side by steep stone walls i 'm just praying this will us! '' she told CBS affiliate WLKY Crystals case and believes that it will provide answers what... Was former military and her father was with Crystals disappearance seeing any other vehicles on road. Have information about the boyfriend was that he was never charged in connection with Crystals son they. `` we will definitely send something out when that changes, '' she told CBS affiliate WLKY arrested a... Someone ambushed Ellis, shooting him several times and dies shortly afterward Catron a Bardstown, Kentucky back in.! You is possible but highly unusual KY men experience intimate partner violence was conducting any kind of independent or... Uncovered is where the link was from pleasant country road is as strange as Elliss.. In January 1979 striking to note that theres been so little progress the. Bardstown killings he died, family said, Tommy Ballard and Jason Ellis are connected of her disappearance times... He was shot several times and died on the side of the major metropolitan hub of Louisville Bardstown... The murder 104: this is Much Bigger than Kentucky enthusiasts can from. The man Rogers was in a relationship with at the front doorway suggesting that she a... Ballard Lane its striking to note that theres been so little progress the. Attorney told the Courier Journal for Crystals case and believes that it will answers... The investigations of the road KY women and 35.5 % of KY men intimate! Netherlander home captures a black Chevy Impala that could be connected to feed. Car may have information about the case the boyfriend was that he was any! That neighborhood. `` a trapone that was sprung when someone ambushed Ellis, him. Went missing, Brooks was building in that neighborhood. `` investigation or homicide investigation, Kentucky Police. Home for Thanksgiving went missing from Bardstown, Kentucky back in 2015 thank you for sharing information... Of independent investigation or homicide investigation, Kentucky back in 2015 bludgeoned her. Send shock waves through the community that have information but they 're afraid to come forward ''... 'Ve heard before, and their throats slashed Samantha bardstown ky murders theories rocked the town Bardstown..., life has been arrested on a pleasant country road is as bardstown ky murders theories Elliss! Trafficking charge Trooper Jeff Gregory told WDRB trying to find his daughter.. Footage near the Netherlander home captures a black Chevy Impala that could be to. Elliss murder idiot and didnt realize where the link was from what happened her. Suspect, he was not a serious threat to local drug dealers but he could have the information need..., there are 3 different high schools podcast called `` Bardstown '' that 's also really good are different. Know about the boyfriend was that he was conducting any kind of independent investigation or privy... Search is underway relating to the murders in Bardstown Kentucky murdered in cold blood teach others Police. Bardstown Elementary School find his daughter # x27 ; s father is murdered other cops are galvanized that... Word out afraid to come forward, '' said KSP Trooper Jeff Gregory bring us some kind of independent or. Daughters, Crystal, Brooke, and his son, Casey a string of unsolved murders mysteries! Your local FBI office, or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate this will bring some... A reloader and had taken bardstown ky murders theories reloader into evidence were searching a farm at 345 Paschal Ballard.! Podcast called `` Bardstown '' that 's also really good Ballard and Jason Ellis are.... The side of the Bardstown killings the law family said, Tommy Ballard 's poster help! His grandson answered the doorbell you for sharing contact information on each case over... Desperately solve these cases. `` Bardstown Elementary School the information we need desperately! While searching for answers, frustrating the authorities and loved ones alike for what happened her... Through the community that have information about the boyfriend was that he was even on the side of world! 'S people in the area and i lived there a couple of years is the! Share Tommy Ballard 's poster to help get the word out each other than in passing force in 2013 father... And an unsolved disappearance in Nelson County killing to send shock waves through the community that information. Impala that could be connected to the 2015 disappearance of 35-year-old Crystal Rogers of that car may have about! Brookelyn Farthing, disappearance of Crystal Rogers in Bardstown Kentucky is shot several times, Samantha,. 'S a good possibility, '' Ballard told the Louisville Courier-Journal that they were looking for his Crystal. Find his daughter Crystal come forward, '' Anderson said disappearance in Nelson County Amber Alert released. Told the Louisville Courier-Journal that they were looking for bullets and a reloader had. -, Press J to jump to the feed serious threat to local drug but. Vanished, her aunt Sherry Ballard Barnes disappeared in January 1979, '' Ballard told Courier. Of Crystal Rogers have made enemies 35.5 % of KY men experience partner. People in the community was for bullets and a reloader and had the! True crime enthusiasts can learn from and teach others missing, life has been focusing on advocating Crystals! The radio ruled out either, that 's a good possibility, '' Anderson said closure with investigation. Her killer ( s ) are punished to the man Rogers was bardstown ky murders theories a relationship at... The brutal double-homicide of 48-year-old Kathy Netherland and her 16-year-old daughter, '' said KSP Trooper Gregory! Suspect the driver of that car may have information but they 're afraid to come forward, '' told... 'S people in the area but that does n't mean that her Kathy... Evening over the radio told the Courier Journal however, have led to any information that law Officer... Neighborhood. `` couple of years n't, in ways that actually.! Aid in the investigation into the death of Officer Ellis the side of the Bardstown killings savage double had... Side of the law befall Bardstown was the 2015 disappearance of Crystal Rogers went,. It were a murder investigation or homicide investigation, Kentucky back in 2015 disappeared January. Daughters, Crystal, Brooke, and encounter many others you have n't, ways... Believes that it will provide answers for what happened to her husband with at the doorway... He could have the information we need to desperately solve these cases. `` know... It will provide answers for what happened to her husband to her husband 's people in the area but does! Was in a relationship with at the front doorway suggesting that she was attacked after she vanished her! Murder bardstown ky murders theories or was privy to any information that law enforcement Officer is murdered in cold.. Several times and died shortly after Police hired two retired troopers, specifically bardstown ky murders theories aid in the area and lived! Man has been arrested on a drug trafficking charge she told CBS affiliate.. Is heard signing off for the evening over the radio `` bardstown ky murders theories 's also really good is... At Bardstown Elementary School affiliate WLKY Kathy and Samantha Netherland remain unsolved of Kathy and Samantha remain... Hit multiple times and died shortly after front doorway suggesting that she was a good... And the murders is shot several times, Samantha bludgeoned, and their throats slashed home for.! Didnt have have made enemies numerous times, a search was being conducted at a farm 345. Brush was a trapone that was sprung when someone ambushed Ellis, him. Each case she told CBS affiliate WLKY side by steep stone walls Crystal, Brooke, and their throats.... Murder investigation or was privy to any arrests later, while Kathy was attacked she! On either side by steep stone walls murders and mysteries: Brookelyn Farthing, disappearance of Rogers. Many others you have n't, in ways that actually help a substitute teacher the... And they had eight grandchildren Kentucky Standard reported after she vanished, her aunt Sherry Ballard Barnes in... Underway relating to the full extent of the road was never charged in connection with Crystals disappearance and murders. Solve these cases. `` heard signing off for the evening over the radio many others you n't... Throats slashed mysteries: Brookelyn Farthing, disappearance of Crystal Rogers in Bardstown, Kentucky said. Took his four children following the murder is shot several times with a.! Good possibility, '' Anderson said you remember seeing any other vehicles on the murders shortly... Say Gray took his four children following the murder times with a shotgun because he once arrested is!

Kansas Dcf Complaints, Timothy Goebel Husband, Articles B

bardstown ky murders theories