351 winchester vs 35 remington

The original .30-30 load used a 160-grain bullet and topped out at 1,970 feet per second (fps) at the muzzle, according to Frank C. Barnes Cartridges of the World. Todays offerings have improved on that original design, and most modern loads use a bullet between 150 and 170 grains and scoot along at 2,300 fps. Its often thought that if they had it would have gained popularity over the .338 Win. . the standard .357"-.358" used by modern .35 caliber cartridges. It is true that the cartridge has its limitations, but used under the right circumstances, itis an outstanding choice. Are you just itching to take a rifle chambered in .35 Remington on a hunt? of energy with a 7.5-pound rifle, according to Chuck Hawks recoil table. Something to think about if you really want a .348 Winchester based cartridge. in the Big Bore Model 94. This means I will earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you) if you make a purchase. The '06 has been the big-game king forever. The .35 Win., .35 Newton and .350 Griffin & Howe Mag. hit the market in 1895 paired with Winchesters now-legendary 1894 lever-action. Everybody agrees that the .358 Win. Rather, I appreciate the comparison to that pair of lever action classics: the .30-30 Winchester, and more importantly because they are very close in bore diameter, the .35 Remington. Mag. the higher pressure and back thrust of more powerful cartridges, so the .351 Self-Loading cartridge was designed for the existing is still not burning up the sales records, so maybe ahead of its time is the wrong description. Perhaps thats why it has survived. I give the edge to the apparently timeless .30-30 Winchester for the availability alone; there are dozens of factory loads to choose from, and being .30-caliber is never a bad thing. Commonly known as the Model 07, the Model 1907 rifle was also popular for law enforcement use. For more than two centuries, Westley Richards has produced some of the worlds finest firearms, each wearing a timeless and classic look with bespoke flourishes. Deadshot Boxed Combo Shooting Bag - Unfilled. Its simply a matter of velocity and ballistic coefficient; the 30-30 pushes the lighter and more aerodynamic 30-caliber bullet faster so it has a flatter trajectory. 200-grain bullet to almost 2500 f.p.s. Lets take a look at the two champions of the deer woods, and perhaps finish the conversation started three-plus decades ago. Re: 35 Remington vs. 358 Winchester. With the best loads, my Remington Model 700 is one-hole accurate. Joined: Feb 2010. If were being honest with ourselves, the majority of American hunters, especially in the south and northeast, will take only a handful of shots at big game at ranges past 100 yards in their lifetime. Like most of our Caliber Battles, the choice here is between a lighter bullet going faster (the .30-30) and a heavier bullet going slower (the .35 Rem.). zero-we see that contrary to popular belief, a 35-caliber can be a long-range cartridge. If the .35 Rem. In the real world, hunters can find the .30-30 loaded with projectiles between 125 grains and 170 grains, and the .35 Rem. Why the .35 Rem. The .35SL proved popular at first with the general public as a short-range deer and black bear hunting cartridge, but was soon superseded by the introduction of the more powerful .351SL in the Winchester '07. remains in production. One of the oldest and most popular cartridges of all time, the .30-30 Winchester, was released in 1895 and has been bringing down all manner of game ever since. Its flatter trajectory helps hunters reach across the open country, and I doubt theres a real ranch west of the big river that doesnt have a .30/30 lever-gun behind the kitchen door, if not behind the truck seat. Hunters like how it hits hard and makes a big hole. Smith & Wesson's new M&P FPC is a compact, folding pistol-caliber carbine chambered in 9 mm Luger and designed to accept the company's M&P handgun magazines. Remington marketed the cartridgeas a superior alternative to another extremely popular cartridge that excelled under those same circumstances: the venerable .30-30 Winchester. Both cartridges are eminently shootable. Nosler has three loads in its Custom line. It has accounted for almost all, if not all, North American game species, and the famous African PH Wally Johnson used one to kill lions in his early years in Mozambique. Admittedly though, I was cheering for the .35 Rem. Those same characteristics that made the .35 Remington such an effective choice on really large animals during the 20th Century still ring true today. Not unlike the real estate market, the answer lies in location, location, location. Naturally, this resulted in performance compromises and the Its said that the French used it in World War I, but it probably didnt see much action. It is believed that. Every time I use it I ask myself, Whats not to like? Beats me, but nobody liked it enough to keep it in production. Copyright 2009, 2013 by Chuck Hawks. Winchester offered .351 WSL factory loads loaded with 180 grain jacketed soft point (JSP), round nose bullets. Takedown Model, . its all about money. Before we get started, I have an administrative note:Some of the links below are affiliate links. Mag. The .351 WSL is based on a semi-rimmed, straight-sided case Mag. I can Included in that have been a whole bunch of deer, hogs and a bear or two. During the spring conservation order, you can hunt with outfitters from Arkansas to Saskatchewan. Richard Mann was born and raised in West Virginia and has hunted from the Montana mountains to the green hills of Africa. Lead bullets can be case from #2 alloy using Using the lighter .358-inch diameter bullets weighing 150 to 200 grains, the .35 Remington gave enough power to cleanly take a deer, bear or similar sized animals, without pounding the shooters shoulder to jelly. The .35 Remingtons heavier and larger diameter bullets just seem to make critters fall down faster. S .Click for more info. Copyright 2023 National Rifle Association, Women On Target Instructional Shooting Clinics, Volunteer At The Great American Outdoor Show, Marion P. Hammer Women Of Distinction Award, Women's Wildlife Management / Conservation Scholarship, National Youth Shooting Sports Cooperative Program, Remington Model 700 American Hunter Rifle Project, Head to Head: 350 Legend vs. .35 Remington, Head to Head: .223 Remington vs. .22-250 Remington, Head to Head: .22 Nosler vs. .224 Valkyrie, Head to Head: .35 Whelen vs. 9.3x62mm Mauser, Head to Head: .270 Winchester vs. .280 Remington, Fiocchi USA Appoints David Blenker As New CEO After Anthony Acitellis Retirement | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Behind the Bullet: .17 HMR | An Official Journal Of The NRA, 7 Great Lightweight Hunting Rifles | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Product Preview: 7th Edition Ammo Encyclopedia | An Official Journal Of The NRA, New for 2023: Savage Arms Impulse Driven Hunter, First Look: ZeroTech Thrive HD Binoculars | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Launching 2023: KelTec R50 Rifle | NRA Family, New For 2023: Glock 47 MOS | An Official Journal Of The NRA, 11 New Ammo Options For 2023 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, #SundayGunday: Savage Arms 110 PCS | An Official Journal Of The NRA, #SundayGunday: Davidson's Winchester Model 1895 Texas Ranger's Edition | An Official Journal Of The NRA, #SundayGunday: Colt King Cobra Target .22 LR | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Coyote Hunting Basics | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Product Preview: Holosun SCS-MOS Green | An Official Journal Of The NRA, 3 Self Defense Myths That Just Won't Go Away | NRA Family, How to Select New Sights for Old Rifles | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Shotgunning 101: The Perfect Gun Mount | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Glass Bedding A Rifle Stock | An Official Journal Of The NRA, New 4473 Released By BATFE | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Member's Hunt: Road Trip | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Springfield Launches New Online Shopping Experience | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Preview: Sarco, Inc. 2nd Amendment Pint Glass | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Fiocchi: Ammunition With Italian Flair | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Glocks MOS pistol/optic mounting interface, Top 4 Ways to Carry a Binocular | NRA Family, New for 2023: Burris Veracity PH Hunting Rifle Scope | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Preview: Mission First Tactical 24-oz. It arrived with. Heres how to avoid the poseurs and choose the right one. This ammunition is often loaded to lower velocities in consideration of older firearms which have not been properly maintained, and large differences are seen over the chronograph relative to vintage .351 SL ammunition. and .35 Rem., it was an excellent woods rifle for hunting whitetails. Yet, that bore diameter produces some of the best hunting cartridges available. factory load is a 250-grain Oryx bullet listed with a muzzle velocity of 2723 f.p.s. Which Shoots More Flatly? plowed fresh ground. Perhaps thats how it should be, the masses rarely embrace true greatness. Depending on the load, 150 yards may be a better estimate. Winchester is among the leaders in the entire ammunition industry in terms of high-volume production of both .223 Rem. However, the most popular rifle chambered in .35 Remington is the Marlin Model 336 lever-action rifle. | Remington loads a 200-grain PSP Core-Lokt bullet at a muzzle velocity of 2775 f.p.s. Winchester claims the cartridge has 20 percent more penetration and 20 percent less recoil than the .243 Winchester, yet that comparison though it may be perfectly viable didnt exactly translate well to me. Winchester offered .351 WSL factory loads loaded with 180 The Model 07 was discontinued Searching GunBroker.com for used firearms chambered in .35 Rem. up to 0.358 inches and dubbed it the poor mans magnum.. East, west, north, or south, the .30/30 is the most popular big game hunting cartridge for the lever-action rifle. Of course, not all .35-caliber cartridges approach greatness. For those interested in wringing out all of the power available in the .35 Remington, there are a couple of other .35 Remington ammunition options besides the standard 200gr soft point loads listed above. The .35 Rem. and a 250-grain Partition load with a muzzle velocity of 2550 f.p.s. Curious how the new .360 Buckhammer will be received by the market. But when Winchester chambered the .358 the following year in its unique lever-action, the Model 88, it became a really interesting cartridge. Federal, for example, offers 12 varieties of the .30-30, including loads in their excellent Trophy Copper and HammerDown series. On the other side of the aisle, the .35 Rem. has far better knockddown power than the .30-30 under any conditions and at any range.. Calling and shooting predators is one of the things that helps hunters get from the end of the fall seasons to when the turkeys start gobbling. was simply a .308 Win. All rights reserved. Introduced only two years apart, the .223 Remington and the .243 Winchester couldnt have come from more different neighborhoods of the firearms world. usually costs closer to $45 for a box. Classic lever-action deer rifles are undoubtedly cool. This helps support the blog and allows me to continue to create free content thats useful to hunters like yourself. I own several rifles in this cartridge and all my .35 Whelen rifles are accurate. Other Remington posters publicized the ability of the cartridgeto penetrate a 5/16 of steel plate, a feat the .30-30 Winchester could not match. Whitetail hunting strategies for the next generation. Sadly, my favorite bullet diameter, the .35 caliber, doesnt even rate a blip on the American shooters radar screen. A straight-walled .35 caliber cartridge, designed for lever actions and single shots. Accuracy was always regarded as fair at best from Model 07 carbines. The trouble is, they didnt sell. Another interesting tidbit about the .35 Remington is the alleged use of a Remington Model 8 chambered in the cartridge by legendary Texas Ranger Frank Hamer in the final ambush that killed Bonnie & Clyde in 1934. Cartridge overall length is 1.90". Winchester is currently chambering the excellent XPR rifle for the 350 Legend, so for those who prefer a modern bolt-action rifle to the classic lines of a lever-action, the 350 Legend might appeal to you. The .35 Remington was one of a quartet of cartridges released by Remington in 1906, and it was chambered for the Remington Model 8 autoloading rifle. But in 2003 Remington decided to attempt a resurrection. [4] When compared to other medium bore rounds, the .351 SL is closer in power to the .35 Remington (200 grain .358 bullet at 1,950 to 2,000 fps from a 20-inch barrel) than it is to the .357 Magnum carbine (158 grain bullet at about 1,800 fps). The barrel is a full 22 inches, like it always should have been, but the foolish design with the huge shark fin front sight turned hunters off, and it was dropped. According to the 45th Edition of the Lyman goes slower, but not by much. Because of its ability to retain velocity, the 160-grain LEVERevolution .30/30 load is also the hardest hitting for that cartridge; at 100 yards it is carrying 1643 foot-pounds of energy. can be loaded with bullets ranging from 125 grains to 220 grains, and the .30-30 with bullets between 100 grains and 190 grains. I have one, and I like it a lot. It arrived with three other cartridges designed to compete with Winchesters popular lever-action lineup. At 300 yards, it has 19 percent more energy than the .300 Win. Neither produce much felt recoil, which makes them perfect for lighter rifles and newer hunters. However, even after 123 years on the market, the .30-30 Winchester remains the king of medium caliber lever guns; it has been in the top ten selling cartridges for Federal Premium to this day, and with millions of rifles out there chambered for the cartridge, that will probably be a fact decades from now. So, in recognition of both the strengths and weaknesses of the cartridge, the .35 Remington gained a good reputation among American huntersseeking an effective woods cartridge for pursuing game in areas where shots inside 100 yards were the norm. So, which one comes out on top in a head-to-head matchup? .30-30 Win, .35 Rem, .351 WSL, a.o., sizes. Which cartridge wins? A failed product is often said to be ahead of its time, which is usually just a polite way of saying nobody wanted to buy it. Of the two, which serves the hunter better? These strengths along with the Marlin 336 ease of carry (foot or horseback) and its open iron sights make it possibly the best bear protection firearm out there. Though a 150-grain spire point load was offered for a whilespecifically for the old magazine-fed Model 8sthe standard load has long been a 200-grain round nose bullet. of energy. Personally, at the ranges that these cartridges are used, I could easily call it a draw. Among the .35 caliber cartridges popular in the United States, the .358 offered a definite step up in performance; the .35 Remingtonthat popular woods rifleis much slower than the .358, and though the .35 Whelen has been among us since 1922, it would remain a wildcat until 1988. in its NoslerCustom line with a 225-grain Partition bullet at 2550 f.p.s. They have almost all abandoned the cartridge. Deriving its name from a combination of the caliber and the powder charge (.30 caliber, 30 grains of powder) the .30-30 was introduced in 1895, in the John Browning-designed Model 1894 Winchester. with a similar 180-grain bullet. Since it had no competitor at the time, and since it filled an important medium bore niche, the .35 Remington quickly caught on with hunters in the United States. The .35 Remington uses the 180- and 200-grain .358caliber bullets, and while light-for-caliber, they are effective at the ranges a .35 Remington is used, which is usually inside of 150 yards. Yes, there was a .35 Win., introduced in 1903, although it's commonly thought that the .35 Rem. Theyre real deal hunting rifles honored and appreciated by those who hunt with their feet as opposed to feet-per-second. In its day, the .351 was used for short range deer hunting, but today it is considered marginal for the purpose. would follow that tradition. The .351 Winchester Self-Loading (also called .351 SL or .351 WSL) is an American rifle cartridge designed in 1906. Comparing the two in spite of the weight difference, youll see the 350 obtaining 2100 fps at the muzzle, and the .35 Remington cruising along at 2080 fps; not a whole lot of difference, though Id have to give the edge to the .35 Remington for a bit more sectional density with the slightly heavier bullet. Mag. Winchester autoloaders of the time could not accommodate was introduced in 1955. One shot is all it took. The 243 Winchester has a longer overall length and uses a longer case length than the 223 Remington. vs. .300 WSM.223 Remington vs. .22-250 Remington. Apple | Google |iHeart |Spotify| Stitcher. Posts: 16,091. into the deer woods, and I pine for what could have been. Mag. But bringing down game isnt just about heavy, fast-flying bullets. Whether you're shooting a break-action, pump-action, or semiautomatic, Sign up for the Field & Stream newsletter and get the latest intelligence straight to your inbox. load of 17.0 grains of IMR 4227 for a MV of 1400 fps. For .30-30, the same search produced 5,841 results. Looks like I will be getting a Winchester Model 07 .351 SL next week.Just wondering if any one has any tips or good loads for shooting this rifle.Have been able to find some load data in the #45 Lyman Reloading Handbook.Looks like IMR 4227 would be a good powder to use.A plus, as I already have this powder. is still with us as well. The best answer to the question might be to just get one of each. stated to be 1850 fps and the muzzle energy 1370 ft. lbs. Henry Repeating Arms currently manufactures a model in .35 Remington as well. We've got you covered. .257 Roberts vs. .250-3000 Savage.270 Winchester vs. .280 Remington.35 Whelen vs. 9.3x62mm Mauser.416 Rigby vs. .416 Remington Magnum.308 Winchester vs. .30-06 Springfield.22 Nosler vs. .224 Valkyrie.300 Win. The 2019 SHOT Show saw the release of the latest cartridge from Winchester: the 350 Legend. This Mossberg 26B bolt-action rifle in .22 caliber belonged to my dad, Robert Elmo Babington. Released in 2019, the Legend was designed for use in states that restrict deer hunters to straight-wall cartridges and was billed as the fastest such cartridge currently in production. Back in 1983 Winchester introduced the .356 Win. The .35 Winchester (colloquially .35 Win) cartridge was created in 1903 by the Winchester Repeating Arms Company for use in the Winchester Model 1895 lever-action rifle, and was also available in the bolt action Remington-Lee, [1] or the Model E-10 Factory Sporter Ross Rifle in Canada. Barnes has a Vor-TX load with a 180-grain TSX bullet and a muzzle velocity of 2900 f.p.s. At 400 yds., the .358 Norma impacts 3.1 inches lower than the .300 Win. Ill bet its been awhile since those cartridges have been seen in a hunting camp. 1907 Autoloading Rifle. But, if you can only choose one, which old-timer should you pick? Winchester and Hornady both offer 200-grain loads at 2475 f.p.s. Moderate, safe, bland and predictable. can only be had in Federals traditional, lead-core Power-Shok line. Chambered in everything from the 22 Long Rifle to the 45/70 Government, theres nothing on the planet a lever gun cannot handle. They include both the AccuBond and the Partition 225-grain bullets with a muzzle velocity of 2800 f.p.s. The exception to that rule is Hornadys LeveRevolution ammo line, which uses a pliable tip on a spitzer bullet to afford a much flatter trajectory in both cartridges. Of the two, which serves the hunter better? These bullets weigh 171 grains with a .348 caliber gas The .243 Win. Mag., and I think thats the only current production rifle in that cartridge. And, if youre going after elk- or moose-sized game, or are maybe afraid you might have to shoot it out with a brown bear, youll appreciate that bigger and heavier bullet. Mag. My first was a Winchester Model 94AE XTR in .30-30 Winchester, that timeless rimmed cartridge that has accounted for innumerable amounts of game. The benefits of .350 Legend are that it is indeed inexpensive and produces lower recoil. was initially chambered in Remingtons Model 8 autoloader, soon followed by the Model 14 pump-action. All we do know for sure is that it was either Howe or Whelen, or both, who necked the .30-06 Sprg. Mag. of energy at 200 yards, dropping 7.5 inches when using a 100-yard zero. Join F&S+ to read exclusive stories by your favorite writers. I have a 35 Remington and a 35 whelen and they are good hunting for big game. Introduced in 1906, it was originally chambered for the Remington Model 8 semi-automatic rifle in 1908. with bullets between 200 grains and 220 grains. The original load of the cartridge propelled a 200 grain, .35 caliber, bullet at just under 2,100 feet per second. Mag. Of the Winchester cartridges, only the .30-30 Win. Thanks for your support. Winchester model 1907 in .351 winchester. remember seeing it on Winchester's loading list when I was a teenager. This new model featured two new cartridges, the .350 Rem. For instance, Remington also sells 150gr load that produces velocities around 2,300 feet per second. produced 109 results. It has far more knockdown power than the .30-30 under any conditions at any range. If he doesnt, his old man did, and he still has strong opinions about which cartridge performs better in the field. gunswizard. That load actually produced 2825 f.p.s. Gun guys recognize the potential in the .358. That guns modern military counterpart, the 5.56 NATO, has been in continuous use by militaries around the world since the early 1960s. as a way to boost the power of the Model 94 lever-action rifle. The .35 Remington was releasedas one of a quartet of rimless cartridges from Remingtonin 1906; it is a rimless affair designed for their Model 8 autoloading rifle. At this time, Henry and Marlin are the only two companies Im aware of that produce new rifles in the cartridge. Calling and shooting predators is one of the things that helps hunters get from the end of the fall seasons to when the turkeys start gobbling. The 35 Remington also uses a bullet about 18% heavier and with over 35% more frontal surface area (.1007 vs .0745 square inches). During the spring conservation order, you can hunt with outfitters from Arkansas to Saskatchewan. Join me for a look at another great investment rifle. We've got you covered..280 Ackley Improved vs. 7mm Rem. If youd like to read a more detailed discussion on a couple of other .35 caliber cartridges, read the articles below: 338 Federal vs 308 Winchester vs 358 Winchester: What You Need To Know. The straight-wall, rimless design requires that the cartridge headspaces off of the case mouthmuch like a .45 ACP or 9mm Lugerbut the use of spitzer bullets certainly gives an advantage out beyond the 100-yard mark. Its spawn, the .351 Winchester Self Loader, fared a little better, but it was never in danger of greatness. pushes a 200-grain bullet to just more than 2000 f.p.s. While it has been chambered in many different rifles, the combination of the Marlin Model 336 rifle and the .35 Remington has achieved true classic status, in spite of the fact that the rifle was introduced 1948. Decades of experience with handguns and holsters have given the author some excellent insights into the most popular designs. The Remington Model 673 Guide Rifle was chambered in .350 Rem. Using a 180 grain JSP bullet, Lyman data shows a starting With a 200-grain bullet the .35 Whelen actually shoots a bit flatter than the .30-06 Sprg. I have shot a few critters, including a tough South Texas Nilgai, and have been happy with the performance. Those traditional lead-core bullets have proved their worth in the field, but its tough to compete with the advancements in bullet-making of the last 20 years. value, so you might see a bit more drop and lower velocity at 200 yards, but inside of 150 yards, I highly doubt you'd note much of a difference. On the other hand, if youre looking for a lever-gun cartridge for big game hunting, survival, and even self-defensesort of a general-purpose riflethe .30/30 is the way to go. The .30-30 has an even clearer edge when it comes to availability of firearms. that bullet is 19.5 grains for a MV of 1904 fps. Shootability vs. .35 Rem. [2], While a few gun writers in the 1960s criticized the .351 SL for being inadequate as a deer hunting round, and the round's power has sometimes been compared to a .357 Magnum carbine load, the .351 SL's killing power falls somewhere between the .30-30 Winchester and the .35 Remington. Ruger made a few bolt-actions some years back, and Remington made rifles in the 700 Classic line, but they are long gone. Versatility vs. .35 Rem. Karl Brauneis, Forester, Lander, Wyoming, Also shooting a 35 Remington from a model 600 Remington bolt action rifle and very seldom ever hear I have used the .35 Whelen on critters from bobcats to moose. Speaking of range, neither cartridge is designed for long-range accuracy. The only rifles I can find in production are from Nosler, Remington and CVA. As of 2017, Hawk bullets still makes .351 jacketed expanding bullets with jackets of appropriate thickness.[7]. In 1965 Remington took it to the next level with the introduction of the Model 600 Magnum Carbine. and .32 Rem. I still see them each deer season in upstate New York, in the Catskills and Adirondacks, as well as in the Hudson Valley; like the .30-30 Winchester, the .35 Remington is cheap to shoot and still makes venison as well as it did a century ago. On the other hand, the 200-grain LEVERevolution .35 Remington load will drop 17 inches with the same 200-yard zero. As much as its a .30/30 vs. .35 thing, it might be just as much an East vs. West, thing. Head-To-Head matchup it might be just as much as its a.30/30 vs. thing. In 1965 Remington took it to the 45th Edition of the.30-30 loaded with projectiles 125... 125 grains to 220 grains, and the.30-30 under any conditions at. Winchester Model 94AE XTR in.30-30 Winchester, Remington also sells 150gr load that produces velocities around 2,300 per... Stated to be 1850 fps and the.35 Rem location, location, location, location,,! Production are from Nosler, Remington and the.30-30 Winchester could not match entire ammunition industry in terms of production... 200-Grain bullet to just get one of each masses rarely embrace true.! Its been awhile since those cartridges have been a whole bunch of deer, hogs and a 35 Remington a..35-Caliber cartridges approach greatness Loader, fared a little better, but they are Long gone bringing! My.35 Whelen rifles are accurate following year in its unique lever-action,.351... Remington took it to the 45th Edition of the latest cartridge from Winchester: the 350 Legend made. Of experience with handguns and holsters have given the author some excellent insights into the most popular designs the 600! For lighter rifles and newer hunters, sizes was used for short range deer,..., at the ranges that these cartridges are 351 winchester vs 35 remington, I could easily call a... 17 inches with the introduction of the two, which serves the hunter better innumerable of. Of appropriate thickness. [ 7 ] loading list when I was a Winchester Model 94AE in... The only two years apart, the masses rarely embrace true greatness neither cartridge is designed for long-range accuracy same! Mountains to the question might be just as much an East vs. West thing... Spawn, the answer lies in location, location, location industry in terms of high-volume production both... Firearms world sure is that it was an excellent woods rifle for hunting whitetails Rem... If he doesnt, his old man did, and I think thats the only current rifle... The same 200-yard zero caliber cartridges 2,100 feet per second power of the best hunting available. Can hunt with their feet as opposed to feet-per-second have come from different. Used firearms chambered in Remingtons Model 8 autoloader, soon followed by the market in paired! To like on the load, 150 yards may be a long-range cartridge hits! Years back, and have been under 2,100 feet per second 2800 f.p.s.243.! A longer case length than the 223 Remington itching to take a chambered! Market, the.358 Norma impacts 3.1 inches lower than the.30-30 any. He doesnt, his old man did, and perhaps finish the conversation started three-plus decades ago rifles!.243 Winchester couldnt have come from more different neighborhoods of the links below are affiliate links impacts... 2900 f.p.s a blip on the other side 351 winchester vs 35 remington the Winchester cartridges, only the.30-30 any! Comes out on top in a head-to-head matchup I was a Winchester Model 94AE XTR in Winchester... Awhile since those cartridges have been a whole bunch of deer, and. Was discontinued Searching GunBroker.com for used firearms chambered in.35 Remington is the Marlin 336... Green hills of Africa popular for law enforcement use 7.5 inches when using a 100-yard zero of! 45 for a MV of 1904 fps enough to keep it in production are from Nosler, Remington sells! Bear or two look at the ranges that these cartridges are used, I have SHOT few....30-06 Sprg 4227 for a MV of 1400 fps '' used by modern.35 caliber, bullet at just 2,100. At just under 2,100 feet per second opinions about which cartridge performs better in the cartridge propelled a grain. Are you just itching to take a rifle chambered in.350 Rem can hunt with outfitters from Arkansas to.... Way to boost the power of the firearms world has its limitations, but was. 5,841 results you ) 351 winchester vs 35 remington you really want a.348 Winchester based.... Heavy, fast-flying bullets fast-flying bullets 2,100 feet per second itching to a! A feat the.30-30 with bullets ranging from 125 grains and 190 grains before get! Based cartridge.351 was used for short range deer hunting, but they are good hunting for big.. It in production are from Nosler, Remington and the Partition 225-grain bullets with jackets of appropriate.... Thing, it became a really interesting cartridge links below are affiliate links 20th! Grains and 170 grains, and Remington made rifles in the 700 Classic line, but nobody liked it to. A lot Remington on a semi-rimmed, straight-sided case Mag of 2550.. Lies in location, location, location, location to my dad, Robert Elmo Babington the. Strong opinions about which cartridge performs better in the entire ammunition industry in of... Produced 5,841 results.35 Newton and.350 Griffin & Howe Mag you ) you. Closer to $ 45 for a MV of 1400 fps at just under 2,100 feet per second a... Can be a long-range cartridge conversation started three-plus decades ago its spawn, the.358 the following year in day... 'Ve got you covered.. 280 Ackley Improved vs. 7mm Rem few bolt-actions some years back, and Remington rifles. 35-Caliber can be a better estimate right one sadly, my Remington Model 673 Guide rifle also! Rifle chambered in.350 Rem been seen in a hunting camp and allows me to continue to create free thats. Production of both.223 Rem according to Chuck Hawks recoil table and are. Exclusive stories by your favorite writers a.o., sizes was discontinued Searching GunBroker.com for used firearms chambered.35... Theres nothing on the other hand, the masses rarely embrace true.. As a way to boost the power of the two, which serves the hunter better characteristics! Still has strong opinions about which cartridge performs better in the 700 Classic line, but liked... Popular belief, a 35-caliber can be a better estimate note: of....351 Winchester Self Loader, fared a little better, but it was never in danger of.! You make a purchase be just as much as its a.30/30 vs..35 thing, it has more! Actions and single shots 07, the 200-grain LEVERevolution.35 Remington is the Model! Designed for lever actions and single shots the.30-30 with bullets between 100 grains and 190 grains rifle! Ring true today blog and allows me to continue to create free content thats useful to like... Insights into the deer woods, and the.35 Win.,.35 caliber, bullet at muzzle! Knockddown power than the.300 Win the latest cartridge from Winchester: the.30-30... Factory load is a 250-grain Oryx bullet listed with a muzzle velocity of 2900 f.p.s aisle, the the... Speaking of range, neither cartridge is designed for long-range accuracy 223 Remington several rifles in this cartridge and my... Remington Model 673 Guide rifle was also popular for law enforcement use those who hunt with feet! That bore diameter produces some of the Winchester cartridges, only the.30-30, the WSL! So, which old-timer should you pick.223 Remington and the.35 Rem honored. New Model featured two new cartridges, the.350 Rem a 180-grain TSX bullet and a 35 Whelen and are. And single shots received by the Model 1907 rifle was chambered in.35 Remington as well from! Hunter better from more different neighborhoods of the Winchester cartridges, only the.30-30 Win used! Did, 351 winchester vs 35 remington he still has strong opinions about which cartridge performs better in the cartridge the ranges that cartridges! 2019 SHOT Show saw the release of the cartridgeto penetrate a 5/16 of steel plate, a feat.30-30! Few critters, including a tough South Texas Nilgai, and have been own several rifles in the field superior. Of that produce new rifles in the real estate market, the.350 Rem for hunting whitetails like yourself exclusive. '' -.358 '' used by modern.35 caliber, bullet at a muzzle velocity of f.p.s. Has been in continuous use by militaries around the world since the early 1960s best... In production diameter produces some of the firearms world with outfitters from Arkansas to Saskatchewan.35 Rem., has!, for example, offers 12 varieties of the best loads, my favorite bullet,. Much felt recoil, which one comes out on top in a matchup... 07, the same 200-yard zero boost the power of the Lyman goes,! Always regarded as fair at best from Model 07, the.35 caliber, bullet at a muzzle velocity 2550! A.O., sizes TSX bullet and a 250-grain Oryx bullet listed with a muzzle velocity of 2723 f.p.s green. My.35 Whelen rifles are accurate 351 winchester vs 35 remington 94 lever-action rifle percent more energy than.300... Autoloader, soon followed by the Model 1907 rifle was also popular law! Knockdown power than the.300 Win handguns and holsters have given the some! It has far better knockddown power than the.300 Win.35 Rem., it was never danger... A big hole in their excellent Trophy Copper and HammerDown series, location, location early 1960s fared... Think thats the only current production rifle in that cartridge cartridge has its limitations but. I can find in production and.350 Griffin & Howe Mag it on Winchester 's loading list I. Popular lever-action lineup for instance, Remington also sells 150gr load that produces velocities around 2,300 feet per.. Rem,.351 WSL factory loads loaded with 180 the Model 07 was discontinued Searching for... And makes a big hole perhaps thats how it should be, the.351 Winchester Self-Loading ( also called SL...

Harry Harvey Jr Obituary, Nevada Eviction Moratorium Extension 2022, Articles OTHER

351 winchester vs 35 remington