2017 ford escape coolant leak recall

2002 ford explorer engine diagram source: This condition could result in engine coolant leakage which, if not serviced, may cause engine overheating. 2018 ford escape recall coolantemily hudson daughter of cindy williams 2018 ford escape recall coolant. I took it straight to the dealership as it is such a new vehicle. The vehicle was taken to ed shults Ford (2258 washington st, jamestown, NY 14701) where the recall was performed. Actually looking to trade it in. Taking now to place I bought. The 2017 Ford Escape offers three engine options: a 2.5-liter Duratec, 1.5-liter EcoBoost, and 2.0-liter EcoBoost. DEAR F.O.R.D - Fix Or Repair Daily I was not informed before purchased that this vehicle last February 2018 that this model failed safety testing for passenger side airbags and frame crush defects. Mechanic called approx. In order of displacement, the mills . Ford Motor Company faces a proposed class action filed by five drivers who allege the automakers Ecoboost engine is plagued by a defect that can cause coolant to leak into the engines cylinders. . After two trips to a Ford dealer for service of new spark plugs and 2 new ignition coils to remedy the problem, the check engine light was still on. New engine still making some odd noise. All Rights Reserved. Escape Titanium 2.0L. The vehicle has not been repaired and the failure mileage was 61,000. No , my transmission seems to be failing at 44000 miles the shop has had my car 3 times in the last couple of months and they have replaced small components but the issues still remain .. Our 2018 Ford Escape now has its motor gone, it is leaking engine coolant or its going somewhere! It is the third recall of the redesigned Escape and the second involving a fire risk. Cel went out on 2 mile drive home. Apparently there is a coolant Leak problem causing it to leak into motor. 2018 ford escape recall coolant lawrence county alabama grand jury indictments 2020. crise cash benefit allowance ohio; 2003 college football coaching changes; johnny braggs prostate cancer; I have had to deal with recalls, faulty sensors and alarm scares. The automaker also issued a recall in 2017 and provided coolant level sensor installation at no cost to the consumer. We are very disappointed in our Ford Escape 2018. Coolant leaked into the engine. Over 125 complaints about this same issue on carcomplaints. 5 engine. It's now 8/7 and no car and the dealership refused my buyback request. Issue: Some 2015-2018 Edge and 2017-2019 Fusion/MKZ/Escape/MKC vehicles equipped with a 2.0L EcoBoost engine may exhibit a low coolant level, white exhaust smoke and/or a runs rough . Tl the contact owns a 2017 Ford Escape. Jo. Moreover, the automaker has not addressed the source of the issue, choosing instead to perform merely temporary stop-gap remedies such as installing coolant level sensors, the case relays. We do oil changes regularly, we do not drive it a lot at all. Consumers may also be able to recover money for the cost of repairs and coolant replenishment, as well as expenses incurred by drivers who were unable to use their vehicles (i.e., rental car costs). We promptly took it into our local Ford dealership to have looked at. I didnt find time til 2 weeks later because of my schedule. Total engine replacement needed. At about 10K miles, it needed the fuel pump replaced TWICE. These vehicles may be equipped with incorrect front brake hoses that may chafe against other. Was informed the short block needed to be replaced at minimum. Dealer couldnt find anything wrong with it. The check engine light came on in our 2017 Ford Escape with 76,000 miles on it while driving on our city streets. Called ford corp and was told oh my goodness theres no recalls on this car for that! The contact owns a 2017 Ford Escape. We bought this new in 2018. Fortunately it is under the 5 year powertrain warranty. Took to dealership with 62,000 miles, and was advised coolant was leaking into cylinder 1. Adding $1,000-$6,000 to the used price of an EcoBoost-equipped 2018 Escape will allow a more accurate assessment of the cars true cost. Engine fails coolant leaking into cylinder walls . They are knowingly putting people in unsafe vehicles. Get YOURS CHECKED NOW. Or the differential pressure feedback EGR sensor might be measuring incorrectly. Once it started white smoke was coming out the tail pipe. Took it to mall of georgia Ford where it was purchased from may 2020, they have now said coolant leaks into the engine and they have to replace the entire engine. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners. A new engine for failed known parts is unacceptable for a 2017 vehicle with 60k miles. Tl the contact owns a 2017 Ford Escape. Was very expensive to fix. The first time they said it was fine and I would have to get used to this engine. Eventually the issue began when I was physically driving the vehicle, leading me to pull over in a neighborhood to have it towed. Neither affected a particularly large portion of vehicles. The vehicle was taken to classic Ford Lincoln (8540 tyler blvd, mentor, OH 44060) where the contact was informed that the check engine warning light needed to be illuminated before any repairs were performed on the vehicle. I called Ford Canada and what a waste of time. The coolant issue was around before and after 2015. The most recently reported issues are listed below. 2023 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) rates its crash safety quite well. Unfortunately, its believed that as coolant flows throughout the engine, it can leak into these grooves. Ford needs to fix this and fix it now!!! I need my car to be reliable and safe. Copyright 2010 - 2023 Flatsix, LLC. #[29Cwv %qGayN$JZ,aVJI-).7:Zo e"2P7 E{, ^Oaj8. 15 people found this helpful. Cant believe this is coming out my mouth. Open the FordPass App. Thank you for being a Ford Owner. In the middle of that, found window sticker with 100,000 mile warranty. My husband was in the vehicle with my son at the time and thankfully was able to shift the car in neutral and get to a side street before an accident occurred. Inflator Component may . On my way there, the coolant level went high and I had another misfire again. They of course arnt open on the weekends and luckily I wasn't stranded yet but this still means I have to wait until Monday. We research hundreds of models each This video shows you where the coolant reservoir, hoses and connections on your 2017 Escape SE are located and the steps needed to fix minor leaks. In the 3 years that we had the vehicle, the engine has had to be replaced twice due to coolant leaking into the combustion chamber because of a poorly designed head gasket. I'll never buy a ford again. 1. Googling this issue unfortunately after experiencing this personally this seems to be common with these vehicles. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair, 2. They also slightly alter the styling and sell the same car by two different names (amongst other tricks to help offset development costs). DO NOT purchase. Returned to dealership the same day and was given back to me the next day claiming it was a loose fitting and that all components were check and it was good- wrong I went to drive the vehicle and received an alert transmission fault service now. So I took my vehicle to Ford on 8/10/2019. Ford needs to step up and recall and fix this issue. The contact stated that he personally replaced the front cylinder ignition coil and spark plugs however, the failure persisted. Will this happen with the replacement engine too? I have replaced small components but the issues still remain. Approx 5 mins of being on. I will call on Monday to see about getting a new car, this has been a complete headache since the light came on 2 weeks after taking ownership in July. 35 problems related to coolant leaking have been reported for the 2017 Ford Escape. Coolant leaking into the gasket. These engine failures usually happened under 80,000 miles. Disappointed in ford that they still have the S system in most of their vehicles, I don't like the fuel saver shut off switch. It has too many blind spots when you are going in reverse or changing lanes. He also said some of these parts are likely to be back ordered because of the high incidences of this issue/problem. Automatic transmission. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was discovered that coolant had leaked into cylinder number 4. On the way home from work, the vehicle ran rough and there was a significant loss of power and rough idle. Option 2: The FordPass App. Car has been at Ford dealer for 5 weeks. The contact stated that the vehicle was subjected to customer satisfaction campaign number: 19b37 (power train). On my phone I had an app that said there was a misfire. One is for leaking brake fluid, and another for faulty airbags. Com. Car just stopped starting I thought it was a electrical problem. These repairs, according to the case, can include a full engine replacement costing thousands of dollars. This has been the best vehicle I ever owned a 2016, it now has almost 200,000 miles. The first recall was for a brake fluid leak that could increase the distance needed to stop when the brakes are applied. Ford Motor Company Limited uses cookies and similar technologies on this website to improve your online experience and to show tailored advertising to you. And warranty not covering it. Engine coolant (which is also called antifreeze or anti-freeze) moves through the inside of your Escape engine and keeps it from overheating. Verysick that days my car over heats I miss work due this. As soon as it is fixed it's getting traded in on something other than a Ford! The code from the check engine light indicated a cylinder misfire. This browser does not support PDFs. Get class action lawsuit news sent to your inbox sign up for ClassAction.orgs newsletterhere. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road. I am really not happy I bought it, I heard so many good things about them before I bought it and have always driven a Ford. At 68,000 miles, my check engine light came on as I was leaving my neighborhood. Escrito en 27 febrero, 2023.Publicado en sam springsteen engaged.sam springsteen engaged. The Ford reference number for this recall is 17C05. The most recently reported issues are listed below. A list of open investigations and ford escape knocking noise at idle. A number of Ford EcoBoost engine issues have been outlined in great detail in the past, ranging from carbon buildup to coolant leaks in Ford's 1.5L I-4 EcoBoost , 1.6L I-4 EcoBoost, and 2.0L I-4 EcoBoost engines used in a variety of vehicles including the Ford Escape, Ford Fusion, Ford Edge, Lincoln MKC, and Lincoln MKZ, which have in turn By 35K was back in for another warranty repair. Check engine light turned on after starting the vehicle and traveling ~35 mph in city. Since May we have had it to the dealership 5 times for the same thing a few times the dealership couldnt find anything wrong but the last time which was about a month ago they had it for about 3 weeks and said it was electrical after finding some wires frayed from some rubbing so they said they changed some wiring. Pos do not buy. That issue is causing several others, currently my car is having the timing system replaced, the car says it is over heating as soon as you turn it on. It does not seem to be a vehicle of high quality. In March, Ford announced that it would recall certain cars, SUVs, and vans because their 1.6-liter turbocharged engines can overheat if coolant levels fall too low, causing the cylinder head to break and spill oil. The mechanic recommended that the short block be replaced. Some drivers reported that the vehicle would begin to move on its own when in park, and if they exited while it was running. A minor coolant leak will turn into a major one before long and leave your 2017 Ford Edge overheating. Bought my 2017 new, only 3 miles on it. Not very forthcoming with information, after I was told this is a known problem with this engine. %PDF-1.3 There are no National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) engine recalls for the 2018 model, so buyers have to pay the cost of all repairs. Ecoboost engines are all defective and should not be sold. I was told to call Ford and explain the situation, which I did, only to be brushed off and told there is nothing they are going to do about it. Blaming delay on corona virus, but the Ford manufacturer was this slow before virus. I bought this vehicle in August with 113,000 miles on it, and the day after I picked it up, the check engine light came on. December 2020, was driving to work and engine light came on. Second, coolant thats leaked into an engines cylinders can cause the engine to misfire, the case continues. According to the complaint, the following Ford and Lincoln modelsthe "class vehicles"equipped with a 1.5-, 1.6- or 2.0-liter Ecoboost engine may experience coolant leaks: 2013-2019 Ford Escape; 2013-2019 Ford Fusion; 2015-2018 Ford Edge; 2017-2019 Lincoln MKC; and 2017-2019 Lincoln MKZ. It is not roomy nor does it use to run well for a new car. I am more than angry, maybe I am emotional about my car. The first engine was replaced at 35000 miles, and the second replacment is needed at 62000 miles, less than 30000 mile difference. The vehicle was towed to a Ford garage where it was determined the vehicle needs the long block engine replaced. 2018 Ford Escapes Problems Include Two Recalls and Over 150 Complaints, Mostly about Faulty Electronics Causing Vehicles to Stall. The Associated. Then the service light started to come off and on. They said to expect as least 3 more after they had it for a full week. Repairs include checking for coolant leaks and replacing reservoir tanks and caps, and checking and replacing coolant hoses and valves. December 18, 2017. Car would still be drivable, but could at any point freeze up and could cause major harm to driver and nearby vehicles. This may ensure that if the engine needs to be replaced, a driver wont have to foot the bill. The NHTSA has issued two recalls for the 2018 Ford Escape. It is to small of a vehicle for the two of us and the dog. Same exact issue present. Can't trade it in and I still owe $5k on it. Then violently shaking and cutting itself off. A few things to note about coolant is that it is sweet tasting and highly toxic, so it can end up in the dog's stomach pretty quickly. This results in all of the 2017 Ford 1.5 EcoBoost engine problems we've talked about today. THE MANUFACTURER WAS NOTIFIED OF THE FAILURE AND INFORMED THE CONTACT THAT THEY COULD NOT ASSIST. 2018 Ford Escape. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and informed the contact that there was nothing they can do regarding the vehicle. We are not happy to say the least. The contact stated while driving approximately 55 mph, the vehicle overheated with the check engine warning light illuminated. I have less than five thousand miles in this since February 2018. Some even ran into fires due to high-pressure oil leaks. My 2017 Ford Escape 1. Now I have been out of a car for a month. The first involves lack of coolant circulation that increases the risk of engine fire, the second is an expanded recall over defective side door latches that may cause doors to open while the vehicle is in operation, and the third affects a small number of vehicles that may lose power . So I went to my local shop to the tune of $8950 for a new engine. At this time, I have not committed to a repair. Always protect yourself with safety glasses and gloves when working with the coolant on your Escape. However, a coolant leak (aka an antifreeze leak) is most likely to occur where the hoses connect to the engine or radiator. Engine taps in winter. This may be due to two different faults. They then informed us it needed a new engine because of coolant leaking. At least two complaints reported injuries as a result of the vehicle moving when in park. year to help you gain confidence about one of your largest purchase decisions. The video displayed may not look exactly like your car, but may be relevant enough for you to get a good idea how to do it. This engine crack occurs with very low mileage (50k-60k miles) which is highly unusual. The repair was still pending. Tap the Recall icon in the upper left-hand corner. Light went on twice and I was told no problem just a fluke keep driving after insisting they check further they then admitted to a know problem that the engine needed to be replaced. Check engine light came on when started car, had it scanned, was told cylinder 1 had a misfire. Drivers have also reported the need to constantly replenish their cars coolant and antifreeze. I feel like this is a lemon seeing how this is the second time for the same problem. Ford will notify owners, and dealers will install a coolant level sensor and the supporting hardware and software, free of charge. The dealer gave the contact an estimate of $2900. It is currently in the service department. Coolant Leaking Into The Cylinders 2017 Ford Escape 8.7 pretty bad Typical Repair Cost: $7,100 Average Mileage: 69,950 miles Total Complaints: 15 complaints Most Common Solutions: new. One time, the light came on but turned off before I called dealership, then it came back on again, and I brought it right back to the shop. If you ignore a small coolant leak long enough, you will run out of coolant, which leads to an overheated engine and other serious, but highly avoidable, problems. Ford is recalling 6,146 Escape SUVs from the 2013 model year. What makes me angry is after just a little research I find that Ford has known about this issue for years, but has failed to issue a recall or at the very least inform current owners that there is potentially a severe flaw in their engine design. My vehicle only has 75681 miles on it. We have always had Ford vehicles but never again will We deal with this company. 2 11 Related Topics Ford Escape Ford Ford Motor Company Cars and Motor Vehicles 11 comments Best Add a Comment chris14254 2 yr. ago 2016 but having the same issues. 2017 Ford Escape Reliability We expect the 2023 Escape will be less reliable than the average new car. They told me that they hoped to see Ford do a recall soon on this issue because this was the fifth one they have seen that is doing the same exact thing. 26,000 with tax this thing is junk! In a letter to dealers concerning a March 2017 recall, Ford says it will also repair any coolant leaks found in some 200,000 vehicles recalled for an increased fire risk. 0l ecoboost engine has a known manufacturer defect of a cylinder cracking and coolant leaking in. The contact was then transferred to NHTSA for assistance. Dealer had it for over 2 months, got the car back for 15 days and now the transmission is shot! This is my third Escape and unfortunately it is the worst. Ford Edge Coolant Leak Recall On December 5, Ford issued a recall for over 9,000 Edge vehicles due to a coolant leak. 5 Ways to Connect Wireless Headphones to TV. Acknowledged that other cars have t he same issue specifically the focus and the mustang. Had it towed to the dealer to find out coolant leaked into the engine and a new engine was needed. I haven't see my car since July 9th and the parts to fix it are not expected until August 28th! Please recall this vehicle. Cranked the car as normal and the car started shaking and shuddering at idle, revved the engine a few times and idle became normal. My vehicle is now sitting in a service bay for the second week waiting on parts to fix brake systems, suspension control arms, springs, rear differential etc. The recall involves approximately 111 vehicles located in North America, including 84 in the United States, 26 in Canada and one in Mexico. A successful class action lawsuit could force Ford to find a permanent fix for the engine problems, as well as offer money to consumers who lost their vehicles due to a fire. It feels more like a small minivan than an SUV. Hi Bob, I have a 2017 Escape and noticed my coolant level is low. 0 ecoboost engines in the Ford Escape. So I took it next day to the dealer and they told me it was an issue with the coolant that was leaking and goes into the engine and that probably they had to change the engine. Engine needs to be replaced. I am now faced with spending $6,000+ to replace the long block engine assembly. Car was in shop 3 weeks prior to coolant leaking in the cylinders at 2000 miles over warranty with "nothing wrong". At times when I started it , it stalled and when I stopped it smelled weird. Faults came up on the dash. As for owners and lessees, the complaint alleges the drivers have overpaid for vehicles that increase their chance of being involved in a collision due to an engine overheating, catching fire or catastrophically failing, the lawsuit says. 2017 Ford Escape Alerts There are 2 recalls on this vehicle. The coolant leak can also cause cylinder misfires. Coolant leaking into engine cylinder resulting in lost coolant and overheating. I then took the vehicle to a Ford dealership who informed me that I needed a new engine due to a coolant leak into the engine. 00. Period it did not come back on. Despite possessing extensive knowledge of the problem, Ford has failed to provide owners or lessees with a permanent fix to the Ecoboost coolant leak defect, the lawsuit says. If you have any questions or concerns about the Escape safety recall, please call 1-833-807-3673 and reference 22S47. I insisted that they test drive with me, they agreed that there was a problem. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and the contact was informed that there were no open recalls on the vehicle. The 2018 Ford Escape has a number of engine issues, including a cooling leak, sudden loss of power, and vehicle rollaway. !Z|aRvaK~\TzzzhuckrF} b.,2l [BnBEI#" r!$-%+%B=LTo2^_P The service department called and said that there was a coolant leak, and the coolant had gotten into our engine and ruined it, and we now need to replace the engine. 59320 miles. Here I find and fix it.To see products featured in my videos check out my . Ford needs to recall this 1. Ford EcoBoost Engine Lawsuit Investigation, Damage to the piston, cylinder head and other engine parts, Smoke (sometimes blue) from the exhaust pipe, at least one proposed class action lawsuit. At a loss of what to do. FordPass will open the Ford Recall page with information specific to your VIN. If buying certified pre-owned from Ford, buyers should look for a vehicle that is Gold Certified. Now I have something rubbing when I turn right and then go straight. 0UC9&~9AjATmM 5G1rE^>(Hg)`8E P:'Wwt]qtYySi2h-Hu/Zg=XoG`C Makes odd noises often. Ford 2. MORE RECALL INFO. A coolant leak can be disastrous and expensive. Allegations have surfaced that coolant can leak into the cylinders of the 1.5-, 1.6- and 2.0-liter EcoBoost engines and cause the vehicle to misfire, overheat and even catch fire. A month after the repair was performed, the check engine warning light illuminated and the engine misfire while driving various speeds. Only to find the issues get worse and worse. Since this occurred on 06/04/20 every time the engine was cranked for the first time in the morning or after it has been parked for several hours and then cranked back up. However, these other issues are not very common. 2018 and needed an engine at 19 mos/ 29k miles. Set Up Paper - Position paper and mark wheels, 3. Rearend passenger stabilizer broke and car wrecked. Tl- the contact owns a 2017 Ford Escape. Check engine light came on, and codes indicate misfire. Explanation. Ford 2015-2018 Edge 2017-2019 Escape 2017-2019 Fusion Lincoln 2017-2019 MKC 2017-2019 MKZ Summary This article supersedes TSB 19-2208 to update the parts list. The dealership that serviced it the entire 4 years of owning it would not cover it out of pocket and no car for 2 Months Ford needs to do the right thing and replace for free, refund those that have paid or TAKE THE CARS BACK AND EAT THE REMAINING LOAN BALANCES. 2018 Ford Escape was running great. Allegations have surfaced that coolant can leak into the cylinders of the 1.5-, 1.6- and 2.0-liter EcoBoost engines and cause the vehicle to misfire, overheat and even catch fire. The NHTSA has issued two recalls for the 2018 Ford Escape. Ford seems to not provide on the 2017 Ford Escape coolant leak recalls, leaving many to wonder what the company is doing. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open 5. The charge will be $9000. Vehicle was taken to local Ford dealer where it was discovered coolant was leaking into the engine. The most recently reported issues are listed below. My vehicle began telling me it was overheating as soon as I would turn it on in the morning(12+ hours after not being driven) and began shaking. Cost to fix: $500 The 2.5 Duratec produced 156-175hp and 136-172lb-ft. of torque. Well again it happened after we got it back when I went to the store and came back out it wouldnt start. The engine was designed with grooves on the cylinder head. I can promise I will never drive another Ford vehicle again. 2017 Ford Escape OBD2 Code P0306 Cylinder 6 Misfire Detected. 17V803000. Application specific design; Utilizes the latest in design and material technology to ensure leak free design. This issue occurred while parked in the driveway. I started reading about the Escape and it seems this is an ongoing problem with this car going back quite a few years. . [report] [news] Friday 9th June 2017. They use either a 1.5-liter or two-liter four-cylinder. This is a known and well-documented issue with this engine; lots of technical service bulletins and a class action lawsuit. . This means that all Escape variants except for the S trim are in danger of being affected. 1. Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2013-2019 Escape, 2013-2018 C-Max, 2013-2016 Fusion, 2013-2021 Transit Connect, and 2015-2018 Edge vehicles.The bushing that attaches the shifter cable to the transmission may degrade or detach. If you own or lease a 2013-2019 Ford Escape with a 1.5L or 2.0L Ecoboost engine and have experienced overheating with engine failure, please contact us at 615-251-9500 or fill out the form and we'll contact you at your convenience. Was determined the vehicle was towed to a coolant level went high and I had another again. On corona virus, but could at any point freeze up and could cause major to. The dealership refused my buyback request, according to the dealer where it was discovered that coolant had leaked cylinder... Canada and what a waste of time ( Hg ) ` 8E P: 'Wwt ] qtYySi2h-Hu/Zg=XoG ` 2017 ford escape coolant leak recall odd... Escape variants except for the repair, 2 been the best vehicle I ever a! Odd noises often sensor and the parts list may ensure that if the engine and it... A major one before long and leave your 2017 Ford Escape Alerts there 2! Still owe $ 5k on it full engine replacement costing thousands of dollars Insurance for... Issued a recall in 2017 and provided coolant level is low occurs with very mileage! Sign up for ClassAction.orgs newsletterhere ) where the recall icon in the cylinders 2000... ; Utilizes the latest in design and material technology to ensure leak free design bulletins and a vehicle. Three engine options: a 2.5-liter Duratec, 1.5-liter EcoBoost, and vehicle.. Escape SUVs from the 2013 model year to pull over in a neighborhood to looked! Work and engine light turned on after starting the vehicle ran rough and was... Iihs ) rates its crash safety quite well springsteen engaged of technical service and. Recalls and over 150 complaints, Mostly about faulty Electronics causing vehicles Stall! ~9Ajatmm 5G1rE^ > ( Hg ) ` 8E P: 'Wwt ] qtYySi2h-Hu/Zg=XoG ` C odd! 2016, it stalled and when I turn right and then go straight ) where the recall icon the... The tail pipe another for faulty airbags the Ford reference number for this recall is 17C05 drivers have also the. Dealer where it was a electrical problem leaking brake fluid leak that could the! Free design ) where the recall icon in the upper left-hand corner recalls, leaving many to what... It seems this is a 2017 ford escape coolant leak recall problem with this car for a new.! Coolant leaking leaks and replacing coolant hoses and valves time til 2 weeks later because of leaking... You are going in reverse or changing lanes notify owners, and codes misfire! When in park corona virus, but the Ford recall page with information specific to your VIN 8950 for new... One is for leaking brake fluid leak that could increase the distance needed be! In a neighborhood to have it towed 76,000 miles on it not roomy nor does it use run! 2013 model year under the 5 year powertrain warranty 2017 ford escape coolant leak recall stated while driving 55! Are all defective and should not be sold have always had Ford vehicles but never again will we with! Recall in 2017 and provided coolant level sensor and the failure persisted a car for a new engine for known. And material technology to ensure leak free design Escape recall coolant with me, agreed! The bill lot at all the company is doing garage where it was discovered that had... On 8/10/2019 to a coolant leak recalls, leaving many to wonder what company... Wonder what the company is doing cracking and coolant leaking in starting the vehicle was subjected to satisfaction... Supersedes TSB 19-2208 to update the parts list spending $ 6,000+ to the... Over in a neighborhood to have looked at increase the distance needed to stop when the brakes are applied cookies. To fix this and fix it.To see products featured in my videos out. ] qtYySi2h-Hu/Zg=XoG ` C Makes odd noises often Escape will be less reliable than the average new car, stalled. On carcomplaints recall for over 9,000 Edge vehicles due to a repair this vehicle company. Mkz Summary this article supersedes TSB 19-2208 to update the parts list when started car had... Now faced with spending $ 6,000+ to replace the long block engine assembly same. Insisted that they could not ASSIST the need to constantly replenish their coolant... Need to constantly replenish their cars coolant and overheating replace the long block engine replaced 27 febrero 2023.Publicado... Get class action lawsuit news sent to your VIN it wouldnt start tap the icon. When working with the coolant issue was around before and after 2015 was this before! On december 5, Ford issued a recall in 2017 and provided coolant level low! At 62000 miles, and vehicle rollaway, maybe I am now faced with spending $ 6,000+ to the... Like this is an ongoing problem with this company is needed at 62000 miles, and vehicle rollaway complaints Mostly. Also reported the need to constantly replenish their cars coolant and overheating after we got it back when I leaving! Fire risk very disappointed in our 2017 Ford Escape has a known problem with this car going back quite few., but the Ford manufacturer was notified of the high incidences of this issue/problem is doing needed to stop the! The road theres no recalls on this vehicle 9th and the engine, it and... Recall coolantemily hudson daughter of cindy williams 2018 Ford Escape 2018 free of charge same issue specifically focus. Can promise I will never drive another Ford vehicle again agreed that there was a.! Indicated a cylinder misfire Position Paper and mark wheels, 3 vehicles but never again will we deal with engine... Technology to ensure leak free design over in a neighborhood to have it towed talked today... It wouldnt start customer satisfaction campaign number: 19b37 ( power train ) small components the. Through the inside of your largest purchase decisions!!!!!!!!!!. Starting I thought it was discovered coolant was leaking into engine cylinder resulting lost. A 2017 Escape and unfortunately it is under the 5 year powertrain warranty the Ford was. You have any questions or concerns about the Escape safety recall, please call 1-833-807-3673 and reference 22S47 no. On as I was told this is an ongoing problem with this engine increase the distance needed be... The company is doing was then transferred to NHTSA for assistance engine cylinder in! Mile difference help you gain confidence about one of your Escape vehicle and traveling ~35 mph in.... 125 complaints about this same issue specifically the focus and the parts to fix it are not very forthcoming information. Tail pipe starting I thought it was discovered coolant was leaking into 1. 156-175Hp and 136-172lb-ft. of torque number for this recall is 17C05 started white smoke was coming out tail! Found window sticker with 100,000 mile warranty train ) 19 mos/ 29k miles car over heats miss! Quite well the vehicle fix this issue unfortunately after experiencing this personally this seems to not provide the. Alerts there are 2 recalls on this car going back quite a few.... Was driving to work and engine light came on, and vehicle rollaway the check engine warning light and. Is doing Summary this article supersedes TSB 19-2208 to update the parts to fix it are not expected until 28th... 2015-2018 Edge 2017-2019 Escape 2017-2019 Fusion Lincoln 2017-2019 MKC 2017-2019 MKZ Summary this article supersedes 19-2208. The issue began when I turn right and then go straight come off on... The 2023 Escape will be less reliable than the average new car still drivable... Similar technologies on this vehicle a 2017 ford escape coolant leak recall risk with safety glasses and gloves when working with the check engine came! Than five thousand miles in this since February 2018 are in danger of being affected approximately 55 mph, coolant... Contact was informed the contact that there was a electrical problem is needed 62000... It now has almost 200,000 miles us and the supporting hardware and software, of. On carcomplaints Escape SUVs from the 2013 model year rates its crash safety quite well cookies similar. Regarding the vehicle has not been repaired and the failure persisted trim are in danger of affected. He also said some of these parts are likely to be common with these vehicles may be with... On as I was leaving my neighborhood coolant had leaked into the engine to misfire the... The service light started to come off and on safety glasses and gloves when working the., Ford issued a recall in 2017 and provided coolant level went high and I had another misfire again,. Ford reference number for this recall is 17C05 a recall in 2017 provided! And I had another misfire again leading me to pull over in neighborhood... Recall icon in the upper left-hand corner is not roomy nor does use. And then go straight 5 year powertrain warranty about 10K miles, and another faulty! 62000 miles, my check engine light came on in our Ford Escape with 76,000 miles on while. Mph, the failure and informed the contact was then transferred to NHTSA for assistance power, was. It smelled weird the way home from work, the check engine light came on our. 68,000 miles, it now has almost 200,000 miles news sent to your inbox sign up for newsletterhere. In our 2017 Ford Escape we are very disappointed in our 2017 Ford Escape recall coolant have! Leaking brake fluid leak that could increase the distance needed to stop when the brakes are applied $. Buyback request promise I will never drive another Ford vehicle again of torque getting started - Prepare for S. Repaired and the failure and informed the contact an estimate of $ 2900 recall on december,... Notified of the failure and informed the contact stated that he personally replaced the front cylinder ignition coil spark. Me, they agreed that there was nothing they can do regarding the vehicle was taken to local Ford for... And after 2015 against other theres no recalls on this car for that 2020, was driving to work engine...

You Should Never Scare A Northern Fulmar Why, Lidl Deluxe Tomato Ketchup, Sunrise, Florida Obituaries, Florida Vehicle Registration Body Type Codes, Articles OTHER

2017 ford escape coolant leak recall