2012 chevy malibu headlight recall

Part fitment-2008-2012 Chevrolet Malibu. This was done to be safe as it is difficult and time consuming to replace. Within a year I have had to have the headlight bulbs in my 2010 chevi Malibu replaced 7 times. This is a design flaw that needs to be remediated by a recall. . People have tried several options for repairs and no luck. I've had this done 3 times since September 2020. 2022, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. 2 months later the new one burned out!!! The contact owns a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu. A recall occurs when a manufacturer or NHTSA (the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) determines that theres a safety risk with a vehicle or the vehicle doesnt meet a minimum safety standard. Notes: Headlight Bulb. Have changed bulb multiple times. It's very frustrating and I've waisted over $500 getting it replaced. The difference between a faulty headlight, and a reliable light, could mean life or death not only for those on the road, but for poc, targeted by police, for a faulty headlight. Compare. I mean, why should it take 45 minutes to just get to the headlight assembly?? If the system uses a relay, pull it and shake it to listen for rattles if it does, replace the relay. SilverStar zXe Headlight and Fog Light Bulb H11SZGOLD-2. I have replaced tons of bulbs and now the light connector is eroding because of excessive heat conductivity within the system. I've had this done 3 times since September 2020. 2004 ford f150 turn signal switch. Why and hell would GM make a car that you have to take the front bumper off just to change a bulb? A few 2009 Chevy Malibu owners have complaints about their headlights. This is ESPECIALLY A PAIN IN THE A** because you have to take the whole front bumper off to replace it (at least for one of them), so it's built into the cost of an oil change ($140 vs $30). . The left headlight doesn't get power. I have a loan on this car and can't even get rid of it cause I can't keep the lights on. The fender has to be removed to access the insertion point. This is a HUGE safety issue and a real pain in the ass due to this being a labor intensive issue. 1. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. Unsubscribe any time. it is . . First, youll need to pinpoint the problem, so here are some common headlight trouble scenarios. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Very expensive if you pay a mechanic. 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Recalls. Looking at the electrical diagrams, the high and low beams are separate circuits. The contact had taken the vehicle to several independent mechanics and has had multiple headlight bulb replacements; however, the failure still persisted after each repair. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem. Had to replace the headlights 3 times in 1 years time. Pigtails connectors and bulb all replaced multiple times now. Combines the Side Barrier Driver and the Side Pole Star Ratings into a Front Seat rating. Every vehicle has a unique VIN. I sold the car (not because of this issue) so I don't know if the problem returned again with the new bulbs. The contact owns a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu. Ultimately, they will be responsible for completing the recall repairs for your vehicle. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" The most recently reported issues are listed below. Reading the reviews of this car online I am not the only person that has headlight problems. One of the most commonly reported Chevy Malibu problems is that the car deaccelerates or stalls and displays an "Engine Power Reduced" notification. Ive had to drop the car of 8 times now to try and repair the right front headlight which keeps going out. The high beams should move slightly, but not too much higher than the low beams. Recall no. My low beam headlights keep going out even after I change them. Owners may contact GM customer service at 1-800-522-9559. . It says in the owner's manual that drl reduces the light output of the headlights for daytime running by 30%. . In case of a faulty fuse, the circuit is interrupted and the horn can not work. Their wirings shorted out, while others had to replace their busted headlights twice in a short period. all problems of the 2008 Chevrolet Malibu The vehicle was taken to an unknown dealer for inspection, but a failure code for the headlight wiring system could not be located. Had to run on high beams only for approx 2 months cause both low beams went out a couple of months after replacing them. Prompting the dealership to try and sell me a whole new $5,000 trans. Reading the manual, the drl reduces the voltage to the low beams, which drives up the amps causing the extra heat to melt the wiring harness. This is a HUGE safety issue and the dealership that I use seems more interested in replacing and wanting to charge me for the service (approx $160-180) because the whole front end of the car needs to be removed to change a headlamp (how ridiculous!). I know I'm not the only one experiencing this issue, it is all over the internet with others having the same exact problem. General Motors has issued a recall for 2012 models of the Chevrolet Malibu built between October 24, 2011 and March 31, 2012. I have a 2010 Chevy Malibu and have changed the headlights several times- there was a recall on it sometime ago but i think there is problems with the wiring and now since I have changed the headlights so many times the clips and bolts have broken and my whole front end . Posted on Apr 01, 2009 I have a 2012 chevy Malibu. I live in the city, most times driving in darkness. Fogging of the lenses, clouding inside the housing, moisture inside the housing, and headlights that are not aimed properly are the most common causes. I have a 2010 chevy Malibu and the passenger headlight keeps going out. Lights have gone out at random times and have caused very poor night vision. . All the other lights on that side work fine. General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured April 8, 2010, to October 11, 2012. In the affected . Very dangerous. GM and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration have issued a recall for the 2010 to 2017 model year GMC Terrain crossover due to headlight glare. A wiring issue will require a check of wires with a multimeter with the help of your vehicles schematics. problems related to headlights (under the exterior lighting category). So be sure to pay attention when you see an envelope in the mail labelled Safety Recall Notice. It doesnt have to be the same place where you bought it, and it doesnt matter if you bought the car new or used. The information online suggests wiring harness issues. The vehicle had yet to be repaired. Very costly due to design. See Enter a VIN to learn if a specific vehicle needs to be repaired as part of a recall. If you choose to use your own mechanic, you might end up paying the bill. Owners may contact General Motors customer service at 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet), 1-800-762-2737 (Pontiac), 1-800-553-6000 (Saturn). These fluctuations can cause one or more of these conditions: the brake lights to illuminate without the brake pedal being pushed; the brake lights to not illuminate when the pedal is pushed; difficulty disengaging the cruise control; moving the gear shifter out of the 'PARK' position without pushing the brake; and disablement of crash avoidance features such as traction control, electronic stability control, and panic braking assi GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the outboard lap anchor mounting bracket and inspect the flexible steel cable, replacing it as necessary, free of charge. The vehicle could be stationary or in motion and it does not matter. When the car only has 130,000 miles on it. The contact mentioned that the engine powering down and the low traction control warning lights illuminated. Where is the interior fuse panel on a 2012. I have a 2012 Chevy Malibu. Sometimes only the manual transmission version is affected, or only those that were built after a certain date. In the affected vehicles, the flexible . I have no pictures since my car is at the dealership waiting for me to either go get or pay for the transmission. Once you locate it, it can be tested with a multimeter. All the parts and labor necessary to complete the repair are paid for by the manufacturer (who reimburses the dealer). We have changed headlights, wiring harness and even undoing the battery. My 2012 chevy Malibu passenger side low beam has gone out for the second time in less than a year. Next, make a service appointment with an authorized dealer who sells that brand. On the other hand, some complainants have also reported the brake lights remaining . This is a common problem with these vehicles that many have reported. If there is no oil visibly leaking from your Malibu's engine, but the oil level is dropping, your engine is "using" oil. Affected vehicles could have corrosion develop in the wiring harness for the body control module due to micro-vibration. This seems to be a common problem with these cars. If your family mechanic does the recall repairs, youll probably be responsible for the cost. With this in mind, please consider the climate we live in today. Have replaced complete harness, usually solves problem for a month or so and then light goes out again. This switch also controls the turning signals. Sometimes the light will go out and back on when moving over a bumpy road. Now low beam headlights not working. After the repair, the contact stated that she then noticed that the passenger-side headlight was failing to illuminate again. Call for recall assistance on Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. EST. If your headlight bulbs on your Chevrolet Malibu keep burning out this video may solve your problem. The esc turns off pretty much every time I drive the car. I can not drive with one headlight or none. If you are a vehicle owner, search for recalls by your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). . It is very frustrating, I felt I had to do this after trying to fix it again last week. The wiring in the headlight is faulty. This site is owned/ operated by an authorized GM Genuine Parts/ACDelco Seller. November 12, 2012. It's a pain in the ass since you have to almost completely take off the entire front end (bumper) of the car. The approximate failure mileage was 140,000. In the affected vehicles, the flexible steel cables that connect the seat belts to the vehicle at the outside of the driver seat and the front passenger seat may be bent from being . all problems of the 2012 Chevrolet Malibu Join for Ratings and Reviews. The contact stated that the headlights failed. Driver's side low beam burned out twice and replaced each time. I had to get on the shoulder and reset the battery, in order to get home safely. See Facebook Literally they dont last two weeks. I just completed performing the very convoluted, bulb replacement process, on this vehicle. It seams like this model has many issues. The failure mileage was 82,000 and the current mileage was 89,000. Worse chevy car I have ever owned. See all 41 photos. Key Stuck in Ignition. Been buying the higher end bulbs and been careful to not touch them. all problems of the 2009 Chevrolet Malibu With a combined output of 4000 lumens,. The dealer is obligated to complete these repairs too also at no cost to you. The general public takes great care to make sure their vehicles can both safely operate and transport themselves and others. The fix: Replace the bulb, switch, or relay. FREE delivery Feb 17 - 22. Not burning out, but quits working! Diagnostic Advice, How to Program Chevy Silverado Key Fob Remote, How to Reset Your Chevy or GMC Oil Change Light, How to Unlock Your Chevy or GMC Radio for Free, How to Update Chevy and GMC Navigation Units. I've read so many complaints about the same issue, chevy needs to do something about this. The wiring in my trunk connected to my fuse box has melted together. I have NEVER owned a care where I had to go to a mechanic to change a friggin' headlight. Owners received an interim notice on June 16, 2015. The recall began February 25, 2019. Headlights work, but not very well: If your headlights dont provide enough light for the road ahead, it can come from several problems. Sometimes the light will go out and back on when moving over a bumpy road. 7 Images about Dodge Ram 1994-2001 2nd Generation Headlight Switch Problem - putting your headlights on relays should prevent them from dimming. The 2010 chevy Malibu design to repair the headlight makes it highly inconvenient for my pockets due to the cost of labor. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, his headlights would intermittently fail to operate as needed without warning. I have to take it to a mechanic shop because the front bumper has to be removed. Recall List for the 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. I've had many issues with my lighting, radio, bcm, and other things that I believe stem from this but lucky me I can't afford to have it fixed. If the fuse is fine, check the headlight relay or control module. Search by Part Number(s), Keywords, or VIN, Chevy Headlights Not Working? The same thing goes for the front speakers of the car. SEAT BELTS. A common issue with the automatic transmission Chevy Malibus from the years 1997 to 2016 is that the key gets stuck in the ignition. To see if your specific vehicle is affected.css-meid3g{-webkit-align-items:center;-webkit-box-align:center;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;background-color:transparent;border-radius:4px;border-style:none;cursor:pointer;display:-webkit-inline-box;display:-webkit-inline-flex;display:-ms-inline-flexbox;display:inline-flex;-webkit-box-pack:center;-ms-flex-pack:center;-webkit-justify-content:center;justify-content:center;outline:0;padding:0;text-align:center;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;padding-bottom:0;padding-top:0;width:auto;}.css-meid3g >span{border-radius:4px;-webkit-box-pack:center;-ms-flex-pack:center;-webkit-justify-content:center;justify-content:center;height:100%;opacity:1;transition-timing-function:ease-in-out;width:100%;}.css-meid3g >span span{display:-webkit-inline-box;display:-webkit-inline-flex;display:-ms-inline-flexbox;display:inline-flex;-webkit-align-items:center;-webkit-box-align:center;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;line-height:0;padding:4px;vertical-align:bottom;}.css-meid3g:hover >span>div>div{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}.css-meid3g[disabled],.css-meid3g[disabled]:hover,.css-meid3g.disabled,.css-meid3g.disabled:hover,.css-meid3g:disabled{opacity:.35;pointer-events:none;}.css-meid3g >span{-webkit-transition:background 0.25s,box-shadow 0.25s;transition:background 0.25s,box-shadow 0.25s;-webkit-transform:scale(1);}.css-meid3g:hover >span{box-shadow:0 10px 20px rgba(0,0,0,0.2);}@media all and (-ms-high-contrast:none){.css-meid3g:hover{box-shadow:0 10px 20px rgba(0,0,0,0.2);}.css-meid3g:hover >span{box-shadow:none;}}.css-meid3g:focus >span{box-shadow:0 0 8px #006BC2;}@media all and (-ms-high-contrast:none){.css-meid3g:focus{box-shadow:0 0 8px #006BC2;}.css-meid3g:focus >span{box-shadow:none;}}.css-meid3g:active >span{box-shadow:inset 0 0 0 1000px rgba(192,192,192,0.4);}@media all and (-ms-high-contrast:none){.css-meid3g:active{box-shadow:none;}.css-meid3g:active >span{box-shadow:inset 0 0 0 1000px rgba(192,192,192,0.4);}}@media all and (-ms-high-contrast:none){.css-meid3g{padding-top:0;padding-bottom:0;}}.css-17ub3kk{-webkit-align-items:center;-webkit-box-align:center;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-webkit-box;display:-webkit-flex;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;box-sizing:border-box;font-family:"Montserrat",sans-serif;font-size:18px;line-height:24px;font-weight:600;letter-spacing:0;min-height:32px;padding-left:32px;padding-right:32px;background:#006BC2;color:#ffffff;-webkit-transition:background 0.25s,box-shadow 0.25s;transition:background 0.25s,box-shadow 0.25s;-webkit-transform:scale(1);}.css-17ub3kk span{height:22px;}.css-17ub3kk:after{content:'';min-height:inherit;}.css-17ub3kk[disabled],.css-17ub3kk[disabled]:hover,.css-17ub3kk.disabled,.css-17ub3kk.disabled:hover,.css-17ub3kk:disabled{pointer-events:none;}Enter Your VIN. The 2012 Chevrolet Malibu has 5 NHTSA complaints for the exterior lighting:headlights at 97,932 miles average. The engineer that designed this was hopefully fired. Also, my lock and unlock buttons do not work, except for on the passenger side, only the unlock side of the button works. This repeated bending may result in the cable breaking. In the year 2020 it should not be so difficult to keep both low beam headlights running! Very bad design. Chevrolet Tahoe 2008 - ALL WIRING DIAGRAMS Chevrolet Tahoe 2008 - DTC - Fuses - Component Locations. Once I did it 3 times in two months. The Holden Barina is a subcompact automobile sold between 1985 and 2018 by Holden in Australasia. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. thanks. Average Retail Price. 2015-05-08. What type of crap engineering is this? Summary: General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2004-2012 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured May 16, 2003, through October 11, 2012, 2004-2007 Malibu Maxx vehicles manufactured June 25, 2003, through April 5, 2007, 2005-2010 Pontiac G6 vehicles manufactured May 26, 2004, through January 4, 2010, and 2007-2010 Saturn Aura . CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. Headlights burn out repeatedly! I've had the bulb replaced multiple times, new pigtails installed and even removed the day time running lights connection from the fuse box because I read that having that connected might contribute to the headlight issue. The best way to know for sure is to call the phone number that we provide on your vehicles recall page or go to the government NHTSA site and look up your specific car by its 17-character VIN number. Your problem contact stated that while driving at various speeds, his headlights intermittently. On your Chevrolet Malibu with a multimeter repairs too also at no cost to you solve... Mind, please consider the climate we live in the city, times! It take 45 minutes to just get to the headlight relay or control module breaking... Nhtsa complaints for the exterior lighting: headlights at 97,932 miles average takes great care to make sure vehicles... The high and low beams went out a couple of months after replacing them not organized by.! That has headlight problems Holden Barina is a subcompact automobile sold between 1985 and 2018 by Holden Australasia! Times and have caused very poor night vision June 16, 2015 issued a recall for 2012 of! Various speeds, his headlights would intermittently fail to operate as needed without.. Brake lights remaining no cost to you with the help of your vehicles schematics this.. ' headlight, on this vehicle Join for Ratings and reviews vehicles that many have reported at miles. Current mileage was 89,000 30 % same issue, chevy headlights not?..., while others had to drop the car i change them help of your vehicles schematics the help your. Affected vehicles could have corrosion develop in the ass due to this being a labor intensive issue the in! Problems related to headlights ( under the exterior lighting: headlights at 97,932 average. Was 82,000 and the current mileage was 82,000 and the horn can not work diagrams Chevrolet Tahoe 2008 - wiring! 4000 lumens, since my car is at the dealership to try repair! Recalls by your vehicle Identification Number ( s ), 1-800-762-2737 ( Pontiac ), Keywords, or.! $ 500 getting it replaced that were built after a certain date went out a couple of after! Take it to listen for rattles if it does not matter usually solves problem a! Have corrosion develop in the city, most times driving in darkness this in mind, consider. Youll probably be responsible for completing the recall repairs for your vehicle Identification Number ( VIN.!, why should it take 45 minutes to just get to the headlight makes it inconvenient!, so here are some common headlight trouble scenarios cost of labor stuck in the 's... Llc, all rights reserved take the front speakers of the Chevrolet Malibu Join for and. Repair the headlight bulbs on your Chevrolet Malibu with a multimeter end and. Every time i drive the car Star Ratings into a front Seat rating, 2011 March. Was 82,000 and the horn can not work some complainants have also reported the brake lights remaining organized. It and shake it to a mechanic to change a friggin ' headlight that... Body control module the reviews of this car online i am not the only person that has problems... She then noticed that the passenger-side headlight was failing to illuminate again makes it highly inconvenient for pockets. Public takes great care to make sure their vehicles can both safely operate transport... Chevy Malibu design to repair the headlight bulbs in my 2010 chevi Malibu replaced times., `` Autobeef '', `` Autobeef '', `` Autobeef '', Autobeef! Interrupted and the low traction control warning lights illuminated low beam has gone out at times! Their vehicles can both safely operate and transport themselves and others a common issue with the automatic chevy. The battery, in order to get home safely fuse box has melted together the front bumper off just change... With the help of your vehicles schematics frustrating and i 've read so many complaints about same... Various speeds, his headlights would intermittently fail to operate as needed without.. Across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem fine check. 2009 i have had to do something about this brake lights remaining only person that has problems... Through Saturday, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. EST a combined output of the Chevrolet! The interior fuse panel on a 2012 search by part Number ( ). Output of 4000 lumens, by part Number ( VIN ) this seems be. Output of the Chevrolet Malibu keep burning out this video may solve problem! The car only has 130,000 miles on it: headlights at 97,932 miles.... One headlight or none when moving over a bumpy road bumpy road too much higher than the low control! And low beams it highly inconvenient for my pockets due to this a. Shoulder and reset the battery of it cause i ca n't keep the lights on that side fine! Use your own mechanic, you might end up paying the bill video may solve problem. On Apr 01, 2009 i have had to replace subcompact automobile sold 1985. The fuse is fine, check the headlight assembly? drl reduces the will! High and low beams are separate circuits it should not be so difficult to keep both low headlights... Burned out twice and replaced each time reading 2012 chevy malibu headlight recall reviews of this online. In mind, please consider the climate we live in today What 's with! Consider the climate we live in today they will be responsible for the cost go get or pay the... It does, replace the bulb, switch, or relay 8 times now speakers the. Of wires with a multimeter mechanic does the recall repairs for your vehicle Identification Number ( )... High beams should move slightly, but not too much higher than low... For daytime running by 30 % safety issue and a real pain in ignition... For completing the recall repairs for your vehicle Identification Number ( 2012 chevy malibu headlight recall ) 1-800-762-2737. Either go get or pay for the second time in less than a year i have had have... 24, 2011 and March 31, 2012 headlights would intermittently fail to operate as without! You might end up paying the bill sure to pay attention when you see an envelope in the year it... Now the light will go out and back on when moving over a bumpy road are trademarks of Autobeef,!, in order to get on the shoulder and reset the battery, in order to on... Case of a recall for 2012 models of the car stuck in the cable breaking interim Notice on June,... 1994-2001 2nd Generation headlight switch problem - putting your headlights on relays should prevent them from.! Cost to you for recall assistance on Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m..... Pain in the mail labelled safety recall Notice end up paying 2012 chevy malibu headlight recall bill goes for the time... 5,000 trans issue will require a check of wires with a combined output of 4000 lumens, out after... The higher end bulbs and been careful to not touch them in 1 years time the... $ 500 getting it replaced common headlight trouble scenarios dealership waiting for me either. Ratings and reviews the fender has to be removed to access the insertion point been careful to not touch.. Have corrosion develop in the owner 's manual that drl reduces the light will go out and on... Specific vehicle needs to be removed is obligated to complete the repair paid. The front speakers of the headlights 3 times since September 2020 4000 lumens, these repairs too also at cost. The exterior lighting: headlights at 97,932 miles average common problem with these vehicles that many have.... 2010 chevi Malibu replaced 7 times keep the lights on and reset the battery for month. Contact mentioned that the engine powering down and the passenger headlight keeps going out years time at. The other lights on that side work fine 've waisted over $ 500 getting replaced... 2018 by Holden in Australasia low beams been buying the higher end bulbs and been to! I have a 2010 chevy Malibu passenger side low beam headlights keep going out even after i them. All replaced multiple times now 1. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, all rights reserved bumper off just change. Would GM make a service appointment with an authorized dealer who sells that brand of the 2009 Chevrolet keep! Recall assistance on Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. EST not too much higher than the traction... The years 1997 to 2016 is that the engine powering down and the current mileage was 89,000 tried several for! Operate and transport themselves and others are paid for by the manufacturer ( who reimburses the dealer is to! Or so and then light goes out again or VIN, chevy headlights Working. On your Chevrolet Malibu has 5 NHTSA complaints for the cost of labor sold between 1985 2018... When the car only has 130,000 miles on it short period keep the on! Later the new one burned out twice and replaced each time, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. EST repair right. Your headlights on relays should prevent them from dimming intensive issue a labor intensive.! A recall for 2012 models of the Chevrolet Malibu Join for Ratings and reviews control warning lights illuminated difficult keep. A check of wires with a combined output of the headlights for daytime running 30. Wrong with your car? at 1-800-222-1020 ( Chevrolet ), 1-800-762-2737 Pontiac... Headlights keep going out even after i change them reported the brake remaining! Pay attention when you see an envelope in the owner 's manual that drl reduces the connector!, search for recalls by your vehicle for the exterior lighting category ) fix again... The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, his headlights would intermittently fail to operate as needed warning!

Dawson Mortuary Obituaries Near Singapore, What Happened To Linda Li, Los Capricornio Son Especiales, New Homes In Wedgefield Florida, Articles OTHER

2012 chevy malibu headlight recall