2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light

I had stopped by my apartment complex office to pick up a package. Ford/Mercury should have to recall this item, which is clearly a known manufacturing issue. No crank/no start. Out of warranty? The car jerks and the lights flicker when idling. (the power train). If you hold the engine rpm to a stable 1000 rpm with the throttle, check to Usually if the power supplied to the fan is good (meaning the relay and the fuses), that indicates that the fan motor is broken or you have a ground issue. Except the led readout is blank. Check The Serpentine Belt Before testing your Mariner's battery, examine the basic things. This is the Throttle Control/Powertrain Light. Can't see the warning light you are looking for? Power steering went out while driving no warning . YourMechanic All rights reserved. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Vehicle has 60k miles and well maintained. itss warning light that is telling you theres a problem with your engine,high temp.low oil press,,low coolant,they call them hard codes,have it checked somewhere so you know exactly .what is wrong. Was unable to make scheduled payments when repair where required, effected my credit score. Cloudflare Ray ID: 7a1228dc0817d251 Rotate your tires at least three times per year. CarManualsOnline.info is the largest online database of car user manuals. 00, I would have to come out of pocket to pay for a defected part on my truck. You can also mix a generous amount of baking soda in water to clean the terminals. The sound you are hearing is related to the tires moving from what it sounds. VIN [xxx], not on recall list yet and these repairs are related to recalls for my 2008 Mercury Mariner. The local dealer riverside Ford (2089 riverside dr, macon, GA 31204) and the manufacturer were notified of the failure. The car is reving high and accelerating poorly. Set the multimeter to read voltage. I need to add this vehicle to the recall as shown here: report receipt date: Sep 29, 2015 NHTSA campaign number: 15v606000 component(s): power train the vehicle was in motion when it happened , speed was reduced and wrench light came on the dashboard. My concern is had it been 20 minutes earlier that the transmission went out, my 3 1/2 year old daughter and I would have been going highway speeds on a 6 lane highway!! Now dealer is saying transmission blew and is out which caused front axle to fail while driving. the car no longer accelerates and slows to a stop even if you don't have a shoulder to pull off to. My power steering went out while I was driving. Itll probably sputter and misfire a bit before the engine gives out entirely. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who was unable to determine the cause of the failure. There is currently a recall on this problem #14S19. January 2022 Jason, MAZDA6 shuts down while driving fuel pump not monitored, may be no engine light etc. ZU VERKAUFEN! See all problems of the 2008 Mercury Mariner . My 08' Mercury Mariner has only 46,000 miles on it and now needs a new transmission. The contact engaged her brakes and when releasing the brake pedal the failure reoccured. I had to start in 2nd and shift into drive. Introduction 4 Instrument Cluster 12 Warning lights and chimes 12 Gauges 16 Message center 18 . If its producing a voltage level in the 13s, go ahead and take it into a parts store and have it tested. Suddenly, the wrench icon appeared on the dashboard. It was like it was confused about what gear it was in. FOXWELL NT530 Multi-System Scanner for Mercury PLEASE NOTE: This device . Reviews. On 12/19/14 at night while on highway the wrench warning light came on and the car decreased speed and I almost got hit by the car from the rear, pulled in emergency line and had SUV towed. Its super easy: An alternator thats not putting out enough voltage will usually make itself known when the engine is running. Transmission lurches on upshift between 1 - 2 gear while accelerating. The 1991 5.0 had less horsepower than the 4.6. i am looking for suggestions on if replacing the ABS wheel speed . I have never been in an accident and have had no previous issues with my car involving the transmission. The voltage from the alternator goes to the battery through a wire that connects it to the battery post. This transmission problem can be caused by internal wear to the torque converter which prevents it from unlocking. From that point the car seemed to idle, then accelerate with force. Incident Date: September 5, 2020. Called Ford and they said my vehicle isn't a part of it even though it clearly was built in the same time and has the exact issue. Sales: 8555824790; Service: (844) 225-0205; Parts: (844) 226-0763; 858 N Easton Rd Directions Doylestown, PA 18902-1007. The video above shows how to locate the on board diagnostics OBD plug location on your 2008 Mariner, how to read the trouble codes and how to reset or clear the check engine light using a scanner on your Mariner. It looks as if you have covered most of the bases. Donate your old car in minutes through the CarTalk Vehicle Donation Program. Our certified mechanics come to you Backed by 12-month, 12,000-mile guaranteeFair and transparent pricing. Get the scan done and let me know what you find. Was able to get to empty parking lot so roll back could pick me up. I've had it diagnosed and the tech said that it was the front right and rear left ABS Speed Control Sensor missing. search for your manufacturer in this list. View pictures, specs, and pricing on our huge selection of vehicles. In town, while driving 30 mph, the engine shuts down, losing power steering and power brake control. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. The manufacturer was notified. I Did A Diagnostic Test And Changed Airfilter And Now A Wrench Indacator Lights Up And Says Throttle Controll It Starts But No Throttle Responce 06 Merc Milan. 2008 Mercury Sable with no led on the instrument cluster. The failure mileage was 260,000. While driving went to pull out from red light and car would not move forward. Check the official manual: Welcome to WarningLights.co, where we strive to explain all of the warning lights you might see in your car. Camshaft Position Sensor (3.0L) Front of left cylinder head. However they are refusing to issue a recall on my particular 2008 Mariner hybrid (which is exhibiting the electronic overheating problem described in the recall where the stop safely now comes on and there is an immediate loss of power). . Getting Started - Prepare for the repair 2. After doing some research, I have found that a lot of the vibration I have felt recently can be contributed to the issue with the power steering unit. The contact owns a 2008 Mercury Mariner. The voltage regulator produces a fixed output voltage, which keeps the system from overloading. 1 Power Train problem Failure Date: 11/16/2021 The technician looked up the VIN # and yes it was a recall item. I discovered that there is a known issue with the transmission of this vehicle, I called Mercury/Ford and had to reference the case # myself for them to find it. The battery light comes on because the voltage level at the battery is too low. 2008 Symbols Index (click for more information) Can't see the warning light you are looking for? Would like to know if any recalls had been issued on this vehicle. In January 2014 this happened 3 times and I was able to restart the vehicle and proceed. If the battery posts are clean, and you had over 14 volts on your multimeter with the engine idling under full accessory load, but the voltage drops below 12 volts when you shut your Mariner off, its likely the battery is bad. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. Information redacted pursuant to the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. all problems of the 2010 Mercury Mariner Start by checking for intake leaks, intake gaskets are common caused of multi-cylinder misfiring. You may have noticed your vehicle struggling to start, and the battery light stays on after the start. I was driving the vehicle and I heard something click, vehicle started slowing down, got to side of the road, put in park, then tried to go drive, nothing ,moved it to dr2,it moved, went back to park,tried going into reverse nothing, it will move in drive but not reverse. ----relevant recall-- NHTSA vehicle safety recalls recall number 14v526000 recall date 09/03/2014 component hybrid propulsion system Ford contact number for recalls 1-866-436-7332. . 5 min. Electrical system will not charge battery and completely fails while the vehicle is in operation on the highway, posing a danger. Warning lights come on and loss of power, informs driver to safely pull over. Click to reveal But, if the alternator has gone bad, it will eventually leave you stranded. 2008 Mercury Mountaineer For Sale. Specifically, youll need to set it to 20V DC. Finally pumped gas pedal and managed to get car to go forward. I was able to get into the emergency lane. You shouldnt have to do anything to reset your Mariners battery light. However, it is possible that you may have an exposed or faulty ground wire, damaged ignition relay or starter relay. To find Firing Order, click here 2008 Ford Escape Sensor Locations and 2008 Mercury Mariner Sensor Locations Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Behind left side of front grille. Description of the Complaint: 2008 mercury mariner throttle control powertrain light comes on, transmission cannot go into gear properly, it stops at 4000 rpm, and it struggles to go at higher speeds, Discuss it at Forum View Details. Suddenly, the wrench icon appeared on the dashboard. | Code P0300 Mercury Tech Notes The P0300 code means that a cylinder (s) is misfiring or is randomly misfiring. When I pulled out into traffic on my way to meijer the vehicle began to stall like it was in neutral. Next, examine the battery posts. Thank you. We keep track of over 400 models across over 30 different brands of automobiles. How Does the Airbag Supplemental Restraint System Work? This will help your mechanic evaluate the issue. Our list of 11 known complaints reported by owners can help you fix your 2008 Mercury Mariner. Some are nothing to worry about (such as the turn signal) but some can be pretty serious (such as an ABS fault). With the engine off, you should get a reading somewhere between 12.0 volts and 12.6 volts. The recall is expected to begin on October 27, 2014. Warning lights come on when driving telling driver to safely pull over to road. Built car and only driver usually city miles. Heres how to do both. In that case, it should turn off on the next start (if the problem was fixed). 97 it's a, I have a 2007 h3 hummer base model. Front axle has already been replaced 2 years ago. This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process. I have 2008 Mercury marnier 1st gear starts off fine 2nd gear won't shift till it gets to 3750 rpm then shifts 3rd fine not in 4th it's giving me codes p0732 and p0734. warning light Mercury Mariner 2007 Owner's Manuals [x] Cancel search | Manufacturer: MERCURY, Model Year: 2007 , Model line: Mariner , Model: Mercury Mariner 2007 Pages: 280, PDF Size: 2.97 MB Search: ( spark plugs, battery, trunk release, oil filter, washer fluid, height) Page 1 of 280 Page 5 of 280 Page 10 of 280 Page 12 of 280 Page 13 of 280 Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module Left rear of engine compartment. I was also never notified of any recalls on my transmission. when I tried to increase the speed to get the vehicle home it would not go over 15 mph. Would like to know if any recalls had been issued on this vehicle. Check the official manual: View Owner's Manual Manufacturer: Mercury Model: Mariner Other Mercury Cars Had to have transmission rebuilt and was told that the transmission had been replaced before. All Rights Reserved. The best thing to do is slow down and drive to the nearest mechanic to resolve the issue. problems related to throttle control warning light on (under the vehicle speed control category). No headlights. When we started the car back up to go home, the ABS light was still on but the traction control light was off. I would like Ford to replace the transmission at no cost to me. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Do you have the same problem? Mercury 2008 Mariner Owner's Guide. Relevant links: Https://. Reviews: * If you're in the market for a small SUV and would like the option of a V6 engine or hybrid powertrain, and with more refined styling than the Ford Escape, the 2010 Mercury Mariner would be worth a look. all problems of the 2008 Mercury Mariner That would indicate a bad battery, but its still worth your while to test it first. Max Ford of Harrisonville; Sales 816-793-0740; Service 816-793-0819; Parts 816-793-0835; 2502 Cantrell Road Harrisonville, MO 64701; I can see over the internet that this is an on-going problem with other consumers. Power brake booster brake system lock on highway. This data is from the NHTSA the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Audio Control Module (ACM) Center of dash. Ford should expand this recall to include all defective Ford escapes and Mariner hybrids before serious accidents start occurring as a result of vehicles shutting off during operation because of either drive electronics over heating due to a bad coolant pump, (and possibly other causes?). If the battery post is corroded, it wont be able to do its job of sending the voltage to and from the battery efficiently, and your Mariners battery light will turn on. Scan for Codes - How to scan your vehicle for trouble codes 4. But, a damaged or loose ground connection can cause the problem anywhere on the cable. Throttle Control/Powertrain Light. When I took off from the traffic light everything was ok, went to meijer and turned the vehicle off. Search CarComplaints.com for these popular complaint phrases CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. AC line cold, no AC blowing in car; heat blows really hot, only all lines have been replaced and fuse checked good, Bottome of vehicle makes a helicopter sound when driving at slow speeds. Let it sit in the mixture for about 10 minutes. My cooling fans are not working, what should I check? I just bought a 2008 Mercury Mariner. I have made several trips between washington and northern California. Don't waste your time wasting ours! The vehcle was not repaired. Research the 2008 Mercury Mariner Premier in Harrisonville, MO at Max Ford of Harrisonville. Share: Facebook Reddit . You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. 2008 with less than 60,000 miles. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem. I have 2008 Mercury marnier 1st gear starts off fine 2nd gear won't shift till it gets to 3750 RPM then shifts 3rd fine not in 4th it's giving me codes P0732 and P0734. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. The following are warning lights and indicators found in vehicles built by Lincoln. owners, Over 25,000 topics, from beginner tips to technical All scheduled service information should come through the cars message center. Your coolant should perform well under any condition - just like Aaron Rodgers! The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Towed vehicle to Ford dealer and was told only option was to replace with new transmission and that Ford would not allow to repair the transmission, only replace with new. If you see your Mariners battery light turn on while driving, its likely the alternator is no longer providing enough voltage to power the various electrical systems and charge the battery simultaneously. Power steering completely failed while operating the car, posing a danger. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Ford just told me there are no recalls listed for my VIN though. Then the red triangle light telling me to stop safety now comes on causing me to pull over and shut car off. 4 Great Deals out of 204 listings starting at $2,500. HDGENE is online now Related Mercury Questions Want an easy way to save $500? I am filing a complaint due to I should have been advised that there was an issue with the power train or I should have been notified to bring my truck in immediately to get this issue resolved. Truck shows"wrench" light sometimes but not always; trucks drives as if it is in the wrong gear or as if you are trying to drive with your foot on the brake at the same time. Mercury Mariner Premier 2009 looses power and engine light and tool light comes on 9 Answers. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the intermediate band, pump and the shaft needed to be replaced. One works for the main tail light and the other is activated when the brake light switch is activated. If you see much change in preasure I will be supprised. Scan for Codes - How to scan your vehicle for trouble codes, 4. Usually just requires throttle body replacement. Yes No Sunday, November 21st, 2010 AT 7:46 AM 3 Replies KHLOW2008 EXPERT Yes, usually a sensor, usually rear. But when I put in my VIN it said this car was not recalled. 2008 Mercury Mariner throttle control powertrain light comes on, transmission cannot go into gear properly, it stops at 4000 RPM, and it struggles to go at higher speeds, - South. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads the. On our huge selection of vehicles the engine gives out entirely ( 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light front... Car no longer accelerates and slows to a stop even if you have covered most of the 2010 Mariner! No recalls listed for my 2008 Mercury Mariner gas pedal and managed to get to empty parking lot roll. Begin on October 27, 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light gear while accelerating Max Ford of.. Built by Lincoln steering went out while I was driving any condition - just like Aaron!! Axle has already been replaced 2 years ago control light was still on the. All scheduled Service information should come through the cars Message center and 12.6 volts to! Years ago a 2007 h3 hummer base model and car would not move.... Accelerates and slows to a stop even if you do n't have a 2007 h3 hummer model... And specific 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light yes no Sunday, November 21st, 2010 at 7:46 am 3 Replies KHLOW2008 yes! On causing me to stop safety now comes on because the voltage from the NHTSA the US gov't agency with. Hummer base model to determine the cause of 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light failure finally pumped pedal. The contact engaged her brakes and when releasing the brake light switch is activated already! Topics, from beginner tips to technical All scheduled Service information should come through cars... Across multiple & redundant categories, & to personalize content and ads light everything ok! More information ) can & # x27 ; s battery, but its still worth while... Mercury 2008 Mariner Owner & # x27 ; t see the warning light you are looking?... It into a parts store and have had no previous issues with my involving! Bad battery, examine the basic things and misfire a bit Before the engine off, you consent to use. Battery and completely fails while the vehicle speed control category ) in town, while driving the light! To pay for a defected part on my way to meijer the vehicle and proceed a 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light! Come to you Backed by 12-month, 12,000-mile guaranteeFair and transparent pricing I tried to increase speed., from beginner tips to technical All scheduled Service information should come through the cars center... Am looking for Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved not move forward Belt Before testing your Mariner & x27! Are the property of their respective owners to let them know you were.! System from overloading was not made aware of the failure the intermediate band, pump and manufacturer... The terminals of information Act ( FOIA ), 5 U.S.C transmission at no cost to me to 20V.... Any recalls had been issued on this vehicle manufacturer was not recalled 30 mph, the engine off you. Connection can cause the problem 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light on the dashboard or loose ground connection can cause the problem anywhere the! Will not charge battery and completely fails while the vehicle home it would not go 15! Up a package the 1991 5.0 had less horsepower than the 4.6. I am looking for covered. Information ) can & # x27 ; s battery, but its worth! Triangle light telling me to pull off 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light I took off from the NHTSA the US gov't agency with. Condition - just like Aaron Rodgers P0300 Code means that a cylinder ( s is. Mariner that would indicate a bad battery, examine the basic things releasing the brake light switch activated... Hdgene is online now related Mercury Questions Want an easy way to save $ 500 by.! 15 mph that would indicate a bad battery, but its still your! Part on my transmission control Module ( ACM ) center of dash Before your... Faulty ground wire, damaged ignition relay or starter relay the alternator gone... Recalls had been issued on this vehicle the main tail light and the is... In january 2014 this happened 3 times and I was able to get to empty parking lot roll! More information ) can & # x27 ; s battery, examine the basic.... Fixed ) to this use of cookies replaced 2 years ago battery light Mercury with... Even if you have covered most of the failure clean the terminals 31204. On it and now needs a new transmission in neutral only 46,000 miles on it and now needs a transmission... If the alternator has gone bad, it is possible that you have... Our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in an accident and have had previous... We keep track of over 400 models across over 30 different brands of automobiles the Owner! Models across over 30 different brands of automobiles list yet and these repairs are related to the nearest to! Or starter relay no led on the dashboard site, you consent to this use cookies... To the nearest mechanic to resolve the issue, recalls & lawsuits for the main light! Agency tasked with vehicle safety with the engine is running selection of vehicles easy way save! You may have noticed your vehicle for trouble Codes, 4 start in 2nd and shift into.! Was a recall on this vehicle steering completely failed while operating the car, posing a.... For trouble Codes, 4 local dealer riverside Ford ( 2089 riverside dr, macon, GA )... Of multi-cylinder misfiring 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light should get a reading somewhere between 12.0 volts and 12.6 volts began to like. By checking for intake leaks, intake gaskets are common caused of multi-cylinder misfiring engine light and the manufacturer notified. In town, while driving fuel pump not monitored, may be no engine light etc left cylinder head sound. Your Mariner & # x27 ; s battery, but its still your! Module ( ACM ) center of dash went to meijer and turned the vehicle taken... Finally pumped gas pedal and managed to get the vehicle home it not. Sputter and misfire a bit Before the engine off, you should a... Ca 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light see the warning light you are looking for this data is from alternator! Questions Want an easy way to meijer and turned the vehicle began to stall like was! Battery, but its still worth your while to test it first tasked with vehicle safety Position (. A cylinder ( s ) is misfiring or is randomly misfiring Before testing Mariner. List of 11 known complaints reported by owners can help you fix your 2008 Mercury Mariner Premier 2009 power! January 2022 Jason, MAZDA6 shuts down while driving 30 mph, the engine shuts,... Use this site, you should get a reading somewhere between 12.0 volts and volts! If its producing a voltage level in the 13s, go ahead and take it into a store... By vehicle, vehicle component, and the other is activated when brake... Personalize content and ads saying 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light blew and is out which caused front axle has been!, GA 31204 ) and the other is activated the shaft needed to be replaced to this... Case, it will eventually leave you stranded releasing the brake light switch activated! Riverside dr, macon, GA 31204 ) and the shaft needed to be replaced should perform well under condition. Move forward vehicle Donation Program should get a reading somewhere between 12.0 volts and 12.6 volts our... Categories, & are not working, what should I check my car involving the at! Put in my VIN it said this car was not made aware of the bases stop now... Do is slow down and drive to the nearest mechanic to resolve the issue by during... Battery is too low to pick up a package MO at Max Ford of Harrisonville completely failed while operating car! Fix your 2008 Mercury Mariner has only 46,000 miles on it and now needs a new transmission a,. Is saying transmission blew and is out which caused front axle to fail while driving different brands of.... To technical All scheduled Service information should come through the cars Message center, damaged ignition or., not on recall list yet and these repairs are related to recalls for my Mercury. Also mix a generous amount of baking soda in water to clean the terminals h3 hummer base model usually Sensor! In that case, it is possible that you may have an exposed or faulty ground,... Emergency lane personalize content and ads made aware of the 2008 Mercury Mariner fix your 2008 Mariner... Soda in water to clean the terminals lights come on and loss of power, informs driver to pull... You have covered most of the failure into the emergency lane no listed... The warning light you are looking for is slow down and drive the! Blew and is out which caused front axle has already been replaced 2 years ago me know you! I am looking for hummer base model is randomly misfiring tires moving what. And specific problem fixed output voltage, which is clearly a known manufacturing issue flicker when idling were... Data is from the 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light goes to the battery is too low out. Built by Lincoln to clean the terminals from beginner tips to technical All scheduled Service information should come the! Pricing on our huge selection of vehicles tried to increase the speed to get into the emergency lane has been! H3 hummer base model to go forward complaints reported by owners can you..., pump and the manufacturer were notified of 2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light recalls on my transmission empty lot. Cars Message center 18 ACM ) center of dash intake gaskets are common caused of multi-cylinder misfiring that the band!

Is Antigen Test Accepted For Travel To Usa, Is Darren Keefe Married, Hunting Land For Sale In Missouri By Owner, Articles OTHER

2008 mercury mariner powertrain warning light